There. I Said It. New York Jets - 2019 AFC East Division Champions

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Help me see the 1st 7 games as you see them going...

Bills (W)
Browns (W)
@ Patriots (L)
@ Eagles (L)
Cowboys (W)
Patriots (W)
@ Jaguars (W)

I see it that way.  Split with the Pats.  Split with Dallas/Philly.  Beat the 3 AFC teams we will be favored against (Jax will be 2-5) and who weren't that much better than we were last year.  Win all our home games.  Go 1-3 on the road.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Leaders lead

Gase- No BS coach on his 2nd journey (You learn a lot) 

Gregg Williams- Entire defense knew right away they better turn it up a notch.

Sam Darnold- Never stopped trying last year, hates to lose, confident mo fo who can't wait to rain 3s on the Patriots azzes.

Le'veon Bell- Can't wait to shut up the critics.

Adams/Maye- become the best Safety combo in the NFL.

CJ  Mosely- Leads by example & the young veterans follow him. 

Quinnen Williams- if he plays like Warren Sapp? Obviously getting a concensus best defensive player in the draft will help everyone else, Anderson, Leo, Copeland, Luvu, Polite.

Things you won't see? Defenders dancing around like they're the 85 Bears but ranked 29th in the league. Repeated dead ball penalties over & over & over again. Players not getting instruction on the sideline or not even looking at snap shots of what the opposing team is doing. No Adjustments. Guys laughing & fooling around on the sideline down 21. Coaches rolling their eyes or standing there like deaf mutes on the sideline after bad plays instead of correcting them. Players not being replaced if they continue to screw up or don't hustle. 

Its the dawning of a new era in Florham Park.

Jeez, this post just brings it all home...again.

How the f**k did the last coaching staff get 4 Years?????

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I hope you are right.  But I have heard the funeral march played for the Pats dynasty several times in the last few years, then every time they bounce back.  I need to see a season end with them looking up at us before I will believe it.

It's not a funeral march at all.  The Pats are flat to last year, same ol' 11-5 with a lesser roster and an older QB in a post Super Bowl funk.  11-5 is fair, I think.  Quite objective.  It's not the end of an era.  It's another sleep-walk to a ho-hum 11 win season.  The difference is that the Jets go 11-5 too and win on some random tiebreaker.

Thing is, the Jets are better and the Bills are better.  You've got some real QB's there and some passionate players who are sick and tired of being New England's punching bags who can rise to the occasion and beat 'em once each.  So it's not the demise of the Pats.  It's merely the rise of the Jets and Bills.  We just need to take care of business and beat the Bills, twice and beat the Patriots, once.  That's what puts us in caps and t-shirts in January.

SAR I

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Someone got their yearly promotional phone call from their dedicated 19 year-old PSL rep/intern who’s there for the summer earning a credit towards their sociology degree from Stony Brook 

I know what my eyes see.  That is all.  I have been wrong before.  But I've been right quite a bit too.

My wheelhouse is not the merits of individual college prospects or breaking down film.  But I have a knack for the big picture and knowing when the team is better than it was the year prior, when the schedule is favorable, and what the impact of a coaching change can be.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Pats will win at least 12 games - Jets are not ready to top that. 

Until Brady retires they will continue to win 12 to 13 games a year.

nep.jpg

The Patriots only won 11 games last year, and that's with the Jets and Bills not even putting up a fight.

Their 5 losses all came to non-playoff teams.  Their final 6 games were against the NFL's scrubs.

With a schedule like that, the expectation should have been 14-2, no?  And their schedule this year is harder.  And the Jets and Bills are improved. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Excellent analysis, thanks.

I think Darnold picks right back up where he finished off last year’s final quarter of the season as the Top Rated passer in the NFL over that stretch, and when you think about the obstacles in the way of achieving that it truly was a remarkable achievement...Worst HC in the league hamstringing him into 3rd and Long almost every series with 2 runs into the line that can’t run block, awful OC (is he even in the league this year or doing another 5 year hike?), shaky personnel in many parts of Darnold’s Offense, pure Idiot DC who will never have that job again.  

Perfection.

SAR I

The bears did it last year under very similiar circumstances.  2nd year qb who blossomed.  Young, offensive minded head coach who instilled a winning culture.  Played a last place schedule.  Snuck up on everyone.

Rams had ssme formula the previous year.

Its not out of the realm of possibility.  It was come down to darnolds play and gases playcalling.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So a HC without results, a DC who hasn't had results in years and is barely better than the guy everybody wanted fired and people have them penciled in for the Superbowl

I did not say Super Bowl.

I said 11 wins, a division title on a tiebreaker, and a home playoff game.

That is all.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bills (W)
Browns (W)
@ Patriots (L)
@ Eagles (L)
Cowboys (W)
Patriots (W)
@ Jaguars (W)

I see it that way.  Split with the Pats.  Split with Dallas/Philly.  Beat the 3 AFC teams we will be favored against (Jax will be 2-5) and who weren't that much better than we were last year.  Win all our home games.  Go 1-3 on the road.

SAR I

With you except I see one more L cowgirls or Brownies... 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

Maybe not this year but what matters most is the Jets seemed positioned to be on the upswing at the right time. 

It’s a tough schedule this year

nyjeasy.jpg

I'm going to challenge you on that.

5 games against playoff teams. 

11 games against non-playoff teams. 

10 games against teams with losing records.

3 games against teams with clearly superior head coaches.

3 games against teams with terrifying quarterbacks.

2 games against teams with terrifying running backs.

1 game against a team with a terrifying defense (if that).

0 games in oppressive Florida weather.

0 games in West Coast time zones.

0 games in noisy domes.

1 challenging back-to-back road game combo.

This schedule isn't tough.  If we play to our potential, there are 10 losers out there to beat and only 1 or 2 upsets needed to win the division.  It's the easiest schedule from a competitive, travel, and sequencing standpoint that I can remember in the last 15 years.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

I’m here for it. I also think that Macc’s sh*tty roster building gave us a window of literally this upcoming season and nothing else unless Douglas does some really creative work. 

But SAR called the decade of futility after the 2010 playoffs and I think he’s right again.

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

With you except I see one more L cowgirls or Brownies... 

That's cool, let's run with your math, we're 4-3 with a win over the Patriots.  We need 7 wins out of this group:

at Dolphins
Giants
at Redskins

Raiders
at Bengals
Dolphins
at Baltimore
Pittsburgh
at Buffalo

We will be favored in 6 of them.  And there's only 1 measly game against a terrifying QB and history says he'll be hurt or benched by Week 16.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

nyjeasy.jpg

I'm going to challenge you on that.

5 games against playoff teams. 

11 games against non-playoff teams. 

10 games against teams with losing records.

3 games against teams with clearly superior head coaches.

3 games against teams with terrifying quarterbacks.

2 games against teams with terrifying running backs.

1 game against a team with a terrifying defense (if that).

0 games in oppressive Florida weather.

0 games in West Coast time zones.

0 games in noisy domes.

1 challenging back-to-back road game combo.

This schedule isn't tough.  If we play to our potential, there are 10 losers out there to beat and only 1 or 2 upsets needed to win the division.  It's the easiest schedule from a competitive, travel, and sequencing standpoint that I can remember in the last 15 years.

SAR I

Compare the Jets and patriots final 4games, home and away 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

winnow.jpg

You should.  Because it's not happening next season, not with that schedule.

The window is now.  Let's make it happen now.  Methinks Mr. Johnson sees it this way as well.

SAR I

Singing to the choir. 

I fully expect the Jets to shock the league. 

And it all comes down to the QB, the innovative offensive minded coach and a much improved defense. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Compare the Jets and patriots final 4games, home and away 

Let's look at the last 5:

Jets:

at Bengals
Dolphins
at Baltimore
Pittsburgh
at Buffalo

Patriots:

at Texans
Chiefs
at Bengals
Buffalo
Miami

We both go 4-1, the Pats may actually go 3-2.

SAR I

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The bears did it last year under very similiar circumstances.  2nd year qb who blossomed.  Young, offensive minded head coach who instilled a winning culture.  Played a last place schedule.  Snuck up on everyone.

Rams had ssme formula the previous year.

Its not out of the realm of possibility.  It was come down to darnolds play and gases playcalling.

Mack was also winning games by himself.

• Upvote 1

greateight.jpg&key=cd12d96673f0be8d9de4e8bffc76581466a151826a853e90b3edeedd55e4f983
I look at this roster, I look at this coaching staff, I look at this front office, and I look at this owner and you know what, I believe that this is the year we take a bold step.  Not next year.  This year.
Call me crazy, but I think the Patriots are there for the taking right now.  And I think that for whatever reason, the Jets as a franchise responds to change better than any organization in the NFL, each time we get a new coach and a new culture it creates a spark and pushes this team beyond its limits.  Experienced head coach, Darnold in Year 2, big-play offense, Bell ripping easy yardage on swing passes, Adams and Mosely killing it on D under Williams' psychotic direction, excellent special teams, and a favorable schedule.
We need to get off to a strong start, 4-1 looks doable leading to a Week 7 showdown at home against the Patriots in a fired-up MetLife Stadium on the highest rated MNF broadcast in decades.  Patriots take a step back, Jets take a step up, we win the Division at 11-5 on tiebreakers, hats and t-shirts for everyone.
SAR I

Wow. Wish I had your confidence! Key is first six games. If we come out 3-3 or better, we are going places. But if this is like 2014 or 2016 and we start off 1-5 or so we know the Jets just fold when we get that stretch of six games where we should win.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't see it.  The Patriots are a sidegrade from last year but even that is not so clear.  They had a very good draft where they restocked on talent, but this means they will have a lot of rookie mistakes costing games.  The flipside is they've turned into a matchup nightmare for the rest of the east.  They currently have the best secondary in the league, and they have a roster of very large human beings as skill players.  You can count on Gronk coming back at one point, and that means you have to face 6-3 Nkeal, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon and Gronk potentially all on the field at the same time.  We don't have the size in our secondary to matchup against that numerically speaking.  It's going to mean that one of our lbs is going to have to take on James White.    It also means that they're likely going to do the same shenanigans they did with Patterson last year, where they would shift him into a RB and create instant problems against teams with too many undersized cbs on the field.  So expect them to lose some games early, but they'll probably be at the same point 11-5, 12-4 as per usual.

Meanwhile our schedule is pretty brutal, with must win trap games everywhere, and with potentially very improved opponents.  For instance, the Browns massively outtalent us top to bottom and many people are penciling that in as a a win, even though we have a new O and D system? 

We have a lot more veterans on our roster than we used too, so that probably means we tighten things up a bit mistake wise, but a few injuries to key players and this team can sink fast.

13 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Wow. Wish I had your confidence! Key is first six games. If we come out 3-3 or better, we are going places. But if this is like 2014 or 2016 and we start off 1-5 or so we know the Jets just fold when we get that stretch of six games where we should win.

This camp will be like nothing these guys have witnessed except for CJ Mosely with the Ravens & Bell with Pittsburgh, 2 organizations that have had a system in place because they haven't been playing the coaching merry go round like the Jets do every 4 years. 

There is a lot of leadership on this team now, Gase knows he needs to ramp up the energy & get this offense up to speed quickly, instill confidence in Sam, get all of the offensive players excited & score points. 

Gase doesn't have to devote one iota of energy to the defensive side of the ball & that's the way he wanted it. Gregg Williams can take care of whipping this defense into shape. Defense is skill but also an attitude, nothing will excite this defense more than seeing Jets celebrating TDs in the endzone so they can bring the heat & apply the pressure. There is no better way than to start your season AT HOME vs a divisional opponent. Darnold did well last year in the 2nd game vs Bills & brought them back ON THE ROAD with Eli McGuire & Cannon at RB and no Quincy. 

The start of 2019 he has a new system, Quincy back, Crowder in the slot for the USELESS Kearse, and 1 of the best RBs in the LEAGUE behind him, playing at home in front of what's going to be a fired up fan base! So while Sean McDermott & his staff have to deal with the additions of Quincy, Crowder & Bell to the Jets arsenal, Josh Allen is still handing off to a NOW 31 year old Leshean McCoy who didn't know if he wanted to play anymore.

Does anyone think the Bills will rush for 176 yards like they did in that game with the additions of Quinnen Williams up front & CJ Mosely at MLB?  It's going to be very tough to run vs the Jets with Anderson, Quinnen, Leo, Jenkins, Avery W, Mosely, Adams, Maye, Poole. One of Pooles attributes was coming up & making strong tackles in the running game.

Josh Allen will have to win that game on the road in front of a loud raucous crowd & come from behind. 1st game out of the chute will be a statement game by the Jets in the AFC East. Here we come.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

29 minutes ago, Hael said:

I don't see it.  The Patriots are a sidegrade from last year but even that is not so clear.  They had a very good draft where they restocked on talent, but this means they will have a lot of rookie mistakes costing games.  The flipside is they've turned into a matchup nightmare for the rest of the east.  They currently have the best secondary in the league, and they have a roster of very large human beings as skill players.  You can count on Gronk coming back at one point, and that means you have to face 6-3 Nkeal, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon and Gronk potentially all on the field at the same time.  We don't have the size in our secondary to matchup against that numerically speaking.  It's going to mean that one of our lbs is going to have to take on James White.    It also means that they're likely going to do the same shenanigans they did with Patterson last year, where they would shift him into a RB and create instant problems against teams with too many undersized cbs on the field.  So expect them to lose some games early, but they'll probably be at the same point 11-5, 12-4 as per usual.

Meanwhile our schedule is pretty brutal, with must win trap games everywhere, and with potentially very improved opponents.  For instance, the Browns massively outtalent us top to bottom and many people are penciling that in as a a win, even though we have a new O and D system? 

We have a lot more veterans on our roster than we used too, so that probably means we tighten things up a bit mistake wise, but a few injuries to key players and this team can sink fast.

NKeal is a rookie & wont see the field if he messes up a route. Gronk is not coming back, Gordon is done in the NFL & Thomas probably won't make it through they're camp & hasn't been good in 3 years. Edelman is 33, that is not young for NFL football & lining up in the slot. After last years playoff run I can't believe the NFL hasn't nailed him for juicing again. It's way too obvious. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

You underestimate Mayfield et al, IMO. And while I think the Jets will certainly be in the conversation late in the year, I think winning the division is a bit overly-optimistic. Could it happen? Sure, but the helmet's could've been white, too, had they stayed in the back of Schrödinger's truck. 

the office finger guns GIF

I think Mayfield will be at a disadvantage playing against his old coach. I believe the kid is good but he isnt a world beater yet. 

Win

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

NKeal is a rookie & wont see the field if he messes up a route. Gronk is not coming back, Gordon is done in the NFL & Thomas probably won't make it through they're camp & hasn't been good in 3 years. Edelman is 33, that is not young for NFL football & lining up in the slot. After last years playoff run I can't believe the NFL hasn't nailed him for juicing again. It's way too obvious. 

no dude, NKeal is going to be a beast. I wanted us to draft him. Playing with brady is going to do wonders for his career bot as long as TB plays. Gronk may actually come back but I dont believe it. If he was on the fence he could have just held out on the announcement until he was sure one way of the other.

This camp will be like nothing these guys have witnessed except for CJ Mosely with the Ravens & Bell with Pittsburgh, 2 organizations that have had a system in place because they haven't been playing the coaching merry go round like the Jets do every 4 years. 
There is a lot of leadership on this team now, Gase knows he needs to ramp up the energy & get this offense up to speed quickly, instill confidence in Sam, get all of the offensive players excited & score points. 
Gase doesn't have to devote one iota of energy to the defensive side of the ball & that's the way he wanted it. Gregg Williams can take care of whipping this defense into shape. Defense is skill but also an attitude, nothing will excite this defense more than seeing Jets celebrating TDs in the endzone so they can bring the heat & apply the pressure. There is no better way than to start your season AT HOME vs a divisional opponent. Darnold did well last year in the 2nd game vs Bills & brought them back ON THE ROAD with Eli McGuire & Cannon at RB and no Quincy. 
The start of 2019 he has a new system, Quincy back, Crowder in the slot for the USELESS Kearse, and 1 of the best RBs in the LEAGUE behind him, playing at home in front of what's going to be a fired up fan base! So while Sean McDermott & his staff have to deal with the additions of Quincy, Crowder & Bell to the Jets arsenal, Josh Allen is still handing off to a NOW 31 year old Leshean McCoy who didn't know if he wanted to play anymore.
Does anyone think the Bills will rush for 176 yards like they did in that game with the additions of Quinnen Williams up front & CJ Mosely at MLB?  It's going to be very tough to run vs the Jets with Anderson, Quinnen, Leo, Jenkins, Avery W, Mosely, Adams, Maye, Poole. One of Pooles attributes was coming up & making strong tackles in the running game.
Josh Allen will have to win that game on the road in front of a loud raucous crowd & come from behind. 1st game out of the chute will be a statement game by the Jets in the AFC East. Here we come.

I am not arguing! I sincerely hope you guys are right but after 44 years..... fingers crossed

• Upvote 1

We lost 8 games by one score or less a year ago.

Bell, Gase, QW, Darnold building on the last 5 games, G Williams.

I expect better.  What kind of beaten down fan doesnt have any optimism this time of the year?  I can't believe someone was lame enough to neg rep someone for being optimistic.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let's look at the last 5:

Jets:

at Bengals
Dolphins
at Baltimore
Pittsburgh
at Buffalo

Patriots:

at Texans
Chiefs
at Bengals
Buffalo
Miami

We both go 4-1, the Pats may actually go 3-2.

SAR I

The cheaters have a much easier finish. 

You can’t deny it with any credibility 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I can't believe someone was lame enough to neg rep someone for being optimistic.

Hello and welcome to the board. My name is Tom and if there’s anything I can do to make your stay more pleasant, please don’t hesitate to call us here at the front desk. 

• Haha 2