Darnold’s Camp at CW Post

I think his quick release caught defenses off guard like the Jets & especially Bowles was. Gregg Williams will play tight coverage & hope to get him to pull the ball down. Don't get me wrong, I think Baker is the real deal but I also feel every good DC figures out what they do best & counter. He also started having more passes knocked down as the season progressed because they had film on his step & throw rhythm to take advantage of his small stature. When Baker starts moving like Brees to find open lanes he'll be a dangerous QB. 

I just think Darnold on the other side will be no slouch. Remember, Sam was playing his 3rd game, he was on the road in Cleveland playing his 3rd game as a rookie in 9 days, led them on a drive to take the lead but our D couldn't hold. None of us really know what type of step Darnold can take with Gase coaching him. Just the experience Sam got alone last year tells me that when he gets in that huddle, sees Le'veon Bell, Quincy, Crowder, Anderson & Herndon leaning in to hear the play, his confidence level compared to last years game in Cleveland, plus he's playing at home will be through the roof.