Douglas Introductory Presser -- 3PM Tuesday

Lith

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I totally did not expect him to rip his shirt off and suplex Mehta like that, how awesome was that! His 12 SB ring guarantee seemed very ambitious though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was great and then when Christopher Johnson started kicking Mehta when he was on the floor that was even better. 

Did Mac ever even acknowledge the fans once? Douglas could still be a failure, but he just seems so much more qualified than McCoffee, Idzik, Tanny...loved the Ozzie quote. It framed why McCagnan was such a failure...he was never really "looking" for anything. I sense we as a team are going to be much much unified and driven and strategic under Douglas.

• Upvote 4

Bob Wiscuchen slyly saying "normal" break outs and kept reiterating it know why? Because it is highly not normal to do a 5 minute press conference and do separate break outs interviews. This tells me they will continue with the no midseason and predraft press conferences with the GM. They will do a separate 3 minute questionnaire with the TV air heads and do a private one with the beat reporters.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

10 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I totally did not expect him to rip his shirt off and suplex Mehta like that, how awesome was that! His 12 SB ring guarantee seemed very ambitious though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also surprised when he said "I'm here to kiss Belichick's rings".

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I liked the bit about the waiver wire.  Not going to just slide on through till the season starts.  Going to be active in improving our weaknesses as early as possible.  That's key.

That response kind of made me chuckle....what team doesn't scour the waiver wire?  It's like football GMing 101.  Look to see who got cut and determine if you want to sign them.

It is nice that we are #3 in priority through week 3 of the regular season.  Unfortunately, if a player is on the waiver wire, he's likely trash anyway.

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That response kind of made me chuckle....what team doesn't scour the waiver wire?  It's like football GMing 101.  Look to see who got cut and determine if you want to sign them.

It is nice that we are #3 in priority through week 3 of the regular season.  Unfortunately, if a player is on the waiver wire, he's likely trash anyway.

douglass quoted ozzie by saying 'you better know what you're looking at and you better know what you're looking for.'  former jets gms did neither.  they just drafted and signed players.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

douglass quoted ozzie by saying 'you better know what you're looking at and you better know what you're looking for.'  former jets gms did neither.  they just drafted and signed players.

I’ve always maintained that this was one of the more important aspects of evaluating players.  Knowing what you want and what skill set you are looking for is essential.  Need to know specifically what skill set and what role you are trying to fill. Good to hear that stuff.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’ve always maintained that this was one of the more important aspects of evaluating players.  Knowing what you want and what skill set you are looking for is essential.  Need to know specifically what skill set and what role you are trying to fill. Good to hear that stuff.  

We’ve lacked an identity as a team for a long time. We’ve just been kind of mediocre at everything. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Did Mac ever even acknowledge the fans once? Douglas could still be a failure, but he just seems so much more qualified than McCoffee, Idzik, Tanny...loved the Ozzie quote. It framed why McCagnan was such a failure...he was never really "looking" for anything. I sense we as a team are going to be much much unified and driven and strategic under Douglas.

Hey! Leave coffee out of this. 

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"you better know what you're looking at and you better know what you're looking for".

whcih is not to say the waiver wire is not full of players who will never make it...  but there is a reason why therd are so many first rnd busts and such...  whay brady went to the 6th rnd....evaluation is highly variable...  there ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE several playes who are NFL quality who initially get waived.