Douglas Introductory Presser -- 3PM Tuesday

Lith

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

In other words, "I have been left a pretty miserable roster, and it is highly likely that players other teams cut are better than the players we currently have."

i took it to mean that he already knows how he can improve the roster and that's what he's focusing on.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It framed why McCagnan was such a failure...he was never really "looking" for anything.

LOL, I remember Maccs early years here and all the times people said "looks under every rock, no rock unturned"

• Upvote 1

he had to credit cj and to be fair, cj does seem way more competent that his brother.  but douglass took this job b/c of darnold and gase, in that order.  he's got a 22 yr old stud in the making qb in ny who he doesn't have to worry about working, learning, etc.  so if things work out for douglass here he may not need to draft a starting qb in 13-15 years.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

Just finished hearing the press conference.

I don’t know how I feel about this. Douglas seems to be all talk and no action.

He said the Jets would be active in the waiver wire. So I checked and nothing.

SOFJ

we cut sterling this AM - so he essentially added someone to the waiver wire.  

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Just finished hearing the press conference.

I don’t know how I feel about this. Douglas seems to be all talk and no action.

He said the Jets would be active in the waiver wire. So I checked and nothing.

SOFJ

I've won a lot of fantasy football leagues off the waiver wire.  I consider myself and expert on this topic. You cannot blow your load immediately on players, you have to be patient and use your positioning wisely.  Being active doesnt not mean instant gratification.  Be patient, persistent and intentional.  Success will follow.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

That response kind of made me chuckle....what team doesn't scour the waiver wire?  It's like football GMing 101.  Look to see who got cut and determine if you want to sign them.

It is nice that we are #3 in priority through week 3 of the regular season.  Unfortunately, if a player is on the waiver wire, he's likely trash anyway.

You foster a good coaching environment and have a competent front office staff.... that changes a lot.  Yeah if you look at a player list of league wide releases, it's not going to look like a much.  But take it on a case by case basis, knowing the particulars of a player's situation... the waive wire can be a useful tool.  Even Maccagnan got Austin Sefarian-Jenkins who played himself into a two year, 10 million dollar contract with the Jaguars.  A lot depends on luck and timing, but what doesn't in football?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've won a lot of fantasy football leagues off the waiver wire.  I consider myself and expert on this topic. You cannot blow your load immediately on players, you have to be patient and use your positioning wisely.  Being active doesnt not mean instant gratification.  Be patient, persistent and intentional.  Success will follow.

Definitely. I was being a bit facetious.

I’m glad to have him on our team. Can’t wait to see the staff he brings in. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Aside from your obv sarcasm, You literally to work the waiver wire well to win in fantasy. I won all three leagues I was in and went 13-1, 11-3 and 12-2 playing the hot hand QB and never drafting a second one. You don’t plan for these things in fantasy, you take your chances depending on the situation. Picked up James Connor hoping he would be great. He was. Picked up Spencer Ware when Kareem Hunt was released. He did great.

alllllll about the waiver wire.

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

No!!

Wins. Or. Losses. We shall discuss nothing else!!!!

Who cares about that stuff, he said stuff that sounds like stuff winners (and losers) sometimes say when they're not saying anything at all....that's so AWESOME! WOOT! :yahoo:

(For those unable to understand sarcasm, let me be clear:  I like the Douglas hire, he seems perfectly well qualified.  I don't care what hot air he blows to fans and talking heads at pressers, nor do I have much respect fro those who think pressers and the meaningless twaddle spoken at them mean anything at all.  This is not "hate" nor is it any objection to Douglas.  It's an objection to vapid media culture and the fans who revel in it.  And by the way, do you ever lift, bro?)

• Haha 2