Jets front Seven

This team isn't built to run any 4-3.  Yet somehow the Gregg Williams experts around here assure me he'll find a way to slam our 6 DT's, 2 ILB's and 1 pass rusher into 4-3 looks galore, and also somehow make Quinnen Williams a dominant pass-rushing NT in the 3-4.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This team isn't built to run any 4-3.  Yet somehow the Gregg Williams experts around here assure me he'll find a way to slam our 6 DT's, 2 ILB's and 1 pass rusher into 4-3 looks galore, and also somehow make Quinnen Williams a dominant pass-rushing NT in the 3-4.

Ya this may be a problem.

in a perfect world, Gregg Williams has an effective plan for the 3-4. I’d hate to see him force a 4-3 scheme without the player personnel to use it properly.

If he wants a 4-3, that’s a roster project for the 2020 offseason.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They don’t really have ideal personnel for either IMO.   Maybe Polite can provide some speed off the edge, but they lack athletes coming off the edge in either scheme.   This team is still deficient on the edges of this defense both up front and in the secondary.   Which isn’t great considering you really need to better outside than you do inside.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

4-3 or 3-4 it doesn't matter. Either way they don't have a legitimate edge pass rushing presence. Good thing they had $100 million to spend and the 3rd overall pick. 

Well at least they solidified other areas of need, like the OL and CB positions.

Oh wait....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm interested to understand the editorial choices. Lowercase front, capital Seven. Spelling out the number. It's amazing that such a sh*tshow thread has so many layers.

It's amazing that sh*tshow posters come back under fake names after they have been banned.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess we shouldn't listen to what G Williams has said in regards to running both schemes.  

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ya this may be a problem.

in a perfect world, Gregg Williams has an effective plan for the 3-4. I’d hate to see him force a 4-3 scheme without the player personnel to use it properly.

If he wants a 4-3, that’s a roster project for the 2020 offseason.

Don't forget for times using the 4-3 the big DEs/DTs i.e QW, Leo, Anderson, mostly rotate inside with some of the OLBs playing DE i.e Polite, Copeland, Jenkins, etc. The LBs then would use Mosley, Williamson, Luvu, and maybe Jenkins on the strong side and rotate between them. That would provide good pass rush from the 4 on the line, and we would have to see if the 3 LBs can hold up against the coverage. That's where you say those D formations need the main pass rush from only 4 rushers, but if it doesn't always work that way you can send one blitzing DB i.e Adams, Poole, etc. that are good at getting to the QB. That is just one variation using a 4-3 D that with the front 4 should still be able to handle a running and passing down, but may struggle a bit on coverage from LBs, but the hope is that some of the LBs like Mosley can cover long enough for the front 4 to get enough pressure to either hit the QB or tip the pass. 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

4-3 or 3-4 it doesn't matter. Either way they don't have a legitimate edge pass rushing presence. Good thing they had $100 million to spend and the 3rd overall pick. 

This is my issue with being overenthusiastic.  

Chris has changed the trajectory of this football team.  But it is June 10th and the new GM basically takes control of the current roster without many possibilities to upgrade it.  

I find it hard to believe that he would not consider trading "surplus" resources.  

50 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is my issue with being overenthusiastic.  

Chris has changed the trajectory of this football team.  But it is June 10th and the new GM basically takes control of the current roster without many possibilities to upgrade it.  

I find it hard to believe that he would not consider trading "surplus" resources.  

Boom, expect some moves, don’t be surprised to see Leo traded. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Last year williams ran a 3-3-5   48% of the time

• Upvote 2