Douglas' first move as GM....releasing TE Sterling

This probably says more about Daniel Brown than anything. Both are converted WRs trying to transition to that undersized TE pass catcher role. 

Now the question is do you keep 3 or 4 TEs. Tomlinson offers special teams value. So he may get that 4th spot. 

Sterling was never going to make it through the season. Sucks for him, but that's more than likely the truth.  I think this is good for Wesco who Gase already knows is going to be a secret weapon in the offense. While everyone is keying on bell, Anderson, Crowder or Enunwa Herndon and Wesco are gonna make them PAY!!!

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Unfortunate concussions derailed his career for the NY Jets if he's healthy hopefully he catches on with another team. 

Darn me for rooting for a young kid who excelled in college (Monmouth University) a local kid and on top of it all a nice kid. 

@JiF

It's not that you rooted for him, Joe.  You were rude about it. I dont like when people are rude to me for no reason! 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

DAMN wish him luck wherever he winds up. 

You were the 1st one I thought of when I heard he was cut. Wish the kid all the best. Hopefully he'll sign on soon, just hope it's not the Patsies who are hurting for TE's.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The Herndon/Wesco tandem is going to be legit. 

They did this kid a favor letting him go now so he has a better chance of catching on elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sterling was never going to make it through the season. Sucks for him, but that's more than likely the truth.  I think this is good for Wesco who Gase already knows is going to be a secret weapon in the offense. While everyone is keying on bell, Anderson, Crowder or Enunwa Herndon and Wesco are gonna make them PAY!!!

It makes me laugh how convinced we all are about Wesco.  I hope he's legit but I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm here.  I mean, this is a non-1st-round Macc pick we're talking about here.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It makes me laugh how convinced we all are about Wesco.  I hope he's legit but I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm here.  I mean, this is a non-1st-round Macc pick we're talking about here.

My daughter goes to WVU. I watched every Mountaineers game last season and thought of all their players Wesco, the OL drafted by the Pats (Cajuste) and the WR drafted by SEA (Jennings) were going to play meaningful snaps on Sundays.   

I was delighted when they drafted Wesco as I didn't think the Jets would go TE but was glad they did.   I'd wager he makes a significant contribution in the years to come. My evaluation may be biased but it is not uninformed.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

One thing that kind of sticks out about Gase was that he got rid of players he didn't like on the Fins including good players like Jarvis Landry and Jay Ajayi. But Ajayi ended up with the Eagles in a trade. Douglas wasn't in charge with Philly but he had a lot of influence in personnel moves. Gase had actually criticized Ajayi just before the Fins traded him.  It's just one player but looks like at least in 2017 differing views on a key player. 

File this under the who gives a crap. Guy is even worse than a JAG, just look at his career stats. Iv'e seen TE's have a better stat line after a game or two than what this guy has done in four years. Hopefully Tomlinson is not far behind when it comes to getting his walking papers.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

File this under the who gives a crap. Guy is even worse than a JAG, just look at his career stats. Iv'e seen TE's have a better stat line after a game or two than what this guy has done in four years. Hopefully Tomlinson is not far behind when it comes to getting his walking papers.

Far from a JAG injuries hampered his career so far. 

He made it to the NFL and you are here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Far from a JAG injuries hampered his career so far. 

How will we ever replace his 50 yards receiving every year? Just because he's a local guy that you like doesn't make him any less jaggaliscious. Guy is lucky he collected NFL checks for four years.