Jump to content
jetstream23

Douglas' first move as GM....releasing TE Sterling

Recommended Posts

Always sad to see a talented player get held back by injuries hopefully he can stay healthy and remain in the league! 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This probably says more about Daniel Brown than anything. Both are converted WRs trying to transition to that undersized TE pass catcher role. 

Now the question is do you keep 3 or 4 TEs. Tomlinson offers special teams value. So he may get that 4th spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope he's doing whats best for the team. 

I hope Neal isn't having concussion issues and gets an opportunity with another team. 

Glad you see it this way. Wesco and Herndon will see the bulk of reps anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats next?  Is he going to start cutting Patrick Ramsey, Shane Ray, Mike Glennon, Darrin Walls and Dexter McDougall?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Glad you see it this way. Wesco and Herndon will see the bulk of reps anyway.

And I think Douglas could find a TE3 this Summer when players start getting cut.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas showing huge balls firing the first shot across joewilly’s bow. Really setting the tone as to who’s boss.

Yeah but Joe got him back.

Just put Douglas on ignore.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whats next?  Is he going to start cutting Patrick Ramsey, Shane Ray, Mike Glennon, Darrin Walls and Dexter McDougall?

I"m just hoping he resigns Ratliff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas showing huge balls firing the first shot across joewilly’s bow. Really setting the tone as to who’s boss.

Just need the Jamal Adams cut now eh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Herndon/Wesco tandem is going to be legit. 

They did this kid a favor letting him go now so he has a better chance of catching on elsewhere. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

JAG

 

Not worried about losing this future Hall of Famer. 

He made it to the NFL and you typing on an NFL football forum message board. 

I think he won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling was never going to make it through the season. Sucks for him, but that's more than likely the truth.  I think this is good for Wesco who Gase already knows is going to be a secret weapon in the offense. While everyone is keying on bell, Anderson, Crowder or Enunwa Herndon and Wesco are gonna make them PAY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure there is a good reason for this, but I honestly thought they would keep him around as insurance for injury and Herndon's suspension.

They must be worried about owning his salary and feel good about the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Per Jets app.

IMG_6839.thumb.jpg.114de65e1be2cc3a46c57c0194a02df7.jpg

too many TE's. soild move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Unfortunate concussions derailed his career for the NY Jets if he's healthy hopefully he catches on with another team. 

Darn me for rooting for a young kid who excelled in college (Monmouth University) a local kid and on top of it all a nice kid. 

@JiF

It's not that you rooted for him, Joe.  You were rude about it. I dont like when people are rude to me for no reason! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

It's not that you rooted for him, Joe.  You were rude about it. I dont like when people are rude to me for no reason! 

 

Gfy twink

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's not that you rooted for him, Joe.  You were rude about it. I dont like when people are rude to me for no reason! 

 

Oh ok carry on............

Image result for new york jets gifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Oh ok carry on............

Image result for new york jets gifs

kid dancing GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barkus said:

Knicks have a JD too (James Dolan) unfortunately.

His son is the bassist in TAUK. 

TAUK is a fantastic band. If your into talented fusion jam groove instrumental bands check em out and thank me later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

bodes well for wesco.

I would think so. Probably figured that Sterling wasn't going to make it so they did him a favor by cutting him now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

DAMN wish him luck wherever he winds up. 

You were the 1st one I thought of when I heard he was cut. Wish the kid all the best. Hopefully he'll sign on soon, just hope it's not the Patsies who are hurting for TE's.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The Herndon/Wesco tandem is going to be legit. 

They did this kid a favor letting him go now so he has a better chance of catching on elsewhere. 

 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sterling was never going to make it through the season. Sucks for him, but that's more than likely the truth.  I think this is good for Wesco who Gase already knows is going to be a secret weapon in the offense. While everyone is keying on bell, Anderson, Crowder or Enunwa Herndon and Wesco are gonna make them PAY!!!

It makes me laugh how convinced we all are about Wesco.  I hope he's legit but I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm here.  I mean, this is a non-1st-round Macc pick we're talking about here.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i thought they cut tomlinson a few weeks ago.

That was Leggett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

 

It makes me laugh how convinced we all are about Wesco.  I hope he's legit but I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm here.  I mean, this is a non-1st-round Macc pick we're talking about here.

 

My daughter goes to WVU. I watched every Mountaineers game last season and thought of all their players Wesco, the OL drafted by the Pats (Cajuste) and the WR drafted by SEA (Jennings) were going to play meaningful snaps on Sundays.   

I was delighted when they drafted Wesco as I didn't think the Jets would go TE but was glad they did.   I'd wager he makes a significant contribution in the years to come. My evaluation may be biased but it is not uninformed.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets depth is awful. Don't be surprised when a lot of depth guys get cut and replaced with Gase/Douglas guys throughout training camp.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

You were the 1st one I thought of when I heard he was cut. Wish the kid all the best. Hopefully he'll sign on soon, just hope it's not the Patsies who are hurting for TE's.

That was my thought also NE ughhhhhh. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuscany is lasughing about Wesco...  why are we all not crying about sterling/legget do nothing guys who took roster spots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that kind of sticks out about Gase was that he got rid of players he didn't like on the Fins including good players like Jarvis Landry and Jay Ajayi. But Ajayi ended up with the Eagles in a trade. Douglas wasn't in charge with Philly but he had a lot of influence in personnel moves. Gase had actually criticized Ajayi just before the Fins traded him.  It's just one player but looks like at least in 2017 differing views on a key player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

File this under the who gives a crap. Guy is even worse than a JAG, just look at his career stats. Iv'e seen TE's have a better stat line after a game or two than what this guy has done in four years. Hopefully Tomlinson is not far behind when it comes to getting his walking papers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Tuscany is lasughing about Wesco...  why are we all not crying about sterling/legget do nothing guys who took roster spots?

So far Wesco has done nothing here........wish him the best and hope he's a good player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobR said:

File this under the who gives a crap. Guy is even worse than a JAG, just look at his career stats. Iv'e seen TE's have a better stat line after a game or two than what this guy has done in four years. Hopefully Tomlinson is not far behind when it comes to getting his walking papers.

Far from a JAG injuries hampered his career so far. 

He made it to the NFL and you are here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Far from a JAG injuries hampered his career so far. 

How will we ever replace his 50 yards receiving every year? Just because he's a local guy that you like doesn't make him any less jaggaliscious. Guy is lucky he collected NFL checks for four years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...