Lupz27

With Mike Macc gone?

Are the Jets now a team who would look into signing/drafting a bad character guy with a history of domestic abuse like Joe Mixon?

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Are the Jets now a team who would look into signing/drafting a bad character guy with a history of domestic abuse like Joe Mixon?

No

We cut Neal Sterling in order to sign Aaron Hernandez.

• Haha 4

Supposedly Douglas values character highly, although I guess it's unclear the distinction between "off-field character" and "on-field/football character."

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I wasn’t asking for these kind of signings was just wondering what your guys opinion is on if the Jets may keep guys like Joe Mixon on their draft boards.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I think it's better to just leave those guys alone.  let someone else deal with having to cut guys your team depends on when they snap out again. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Welp said:

Kellen Winslow

What that kid's major malfunction? CTE ? Holy F***

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Welp said:

Kellen Winslow

Been there done that. Remember ?

• Upvote 1

No, I can't imagine starting off with tabloid press signings in the troll city of NY

Hope he looks into signing players who can play NFL football vs the AAFL players that mac seemed to prefer 

anyone responsible for scouting PSU should be the first to be fired

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We cut Neal Sterling in order to sign Aaron Hernandez.

I guess a corpse is better than not having a TE. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Hopefully it means we draft/sign guys with a history of playing the football well. 

• Upvote 1

Mac is gone, spending money he never earned.  I hope Hackenberg is his Paper delivery guy because he will only find 1/4 of the newspapers he subscribes to.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Never. 

The Eagles mostly had high character guys AND won a Super Bowl. 

Yes, the Ravens had Ray Lewis and Ray Rice while Douglas was there, but they also fielded really good teams with tough but high character guys like Ngata and Anquan Boldin. 

Ideally you field a team with about 1-2 sociopaths on defense and that's it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Is philly known for lots of thug signings? I haven’t lived there in almost 5 years but didn’t get that sense. The fans on the other hand...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Based on Douglas saying he wants guys football-minded players who don’t beat themselves, probably not, but I digress... How would anyone here know, until it happens?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Is philly known for lots of thug signings? I haven’t lived there in almost 5 years but didn’t get that sense. The fans on the other hand...

No, but the stadium is always green and loud.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LMFAO

19 hours ago, LinemanCT said:

What that kid's major malfunction? CTE ? Holy F***

That ain't no ******* CTE. Dude is just a monster. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My feel is we are LESS likely from the impression I got yesterday. Do you really want these guys representing your team? 

Mixon got a bad rap.  Mac would not have drafted him.  To me, he was worth drafting.

Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill-you leave guys like that alone.  They are bad to the core.  Anyone who beats the women and children they live with is truly the worst news.

To me, Mixon was different.  But I think Mixon was off most boards, which is how the Bengals ended up with him.   Not a surprise to me that he has not had any other problems.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Mixon got a bad rap.  Mac would not have drafted him.  To me, he was worth drafting.

Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill-you leave guys like that alone.  They are bad to the core.  Anyone who beats the women and children they live with is truly the worst news.

To me, Mixon was different.  But I think Mixon was off most boards, which is how the Bengals ended up with him.   Not a surprise to me that he has not had any other problems.  

Didn't Mixon punch a girl in the face?

37 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

That ain't no ******* CTE. Dude is just a soldier!!

Fixed.

27 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Yes. On video.

31 minutes ago, varjet said:

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. On video.

Somebody should have knocked the teeth out of his mouth.

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

s reactions image GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s a really good point. Query: if the DC is a sociopath does that count against the quota?

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Based on Douglas saying he wants guys football-minded players who don’t beat themselves, probably not, but I digress... How would anyone here know, until it happens?

I know, I specifically used Mixon because his incident while disgusting happened when he was an 18 year old kid before the college of OU had a chance to make a proper man out of him (which is what these colleges No. 1 priority for these kids should be), most know the rest of his story, and I haven’t heard a peep about the kid non football related since is all, and considering he was off a lot of teams boards, and still went mid 2nd round just shows you how much talent the kid has.