Gase Mic'd Up

I always remember when he was just hired in Miami how all the players loved him.  Talked about culture changing, how they would run through a wall for him.  

Tabloid mentality down in SFlo, they don't report sports, paid too much attention to a Landry who wanted record money and didnt get it and Ajayi who everyone says didnt buy into the program and was a problem.  Or someone crying for more touches.

I like what I see so far.  I'll reserve judgement on what he does here not what was real or imagined in Florida

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I always remember when he was just hired in Miami how all the players loved him.  Talked about culture changing, how they would run through a wall for him.  

Tabloid mentality down in SFlo, they don't report sports, paid too much attention to a Landry who wanted record money and didnt get it and Ajayi who everyone says didnt buy into the program and was a problem.  Or someone crying for more touches.

I like what I see so far.  I'll reserve judgement on what he does here not what was real or imagined in Florida

Think Jay Ajayi was rushing for 200 yards consistently from like week 5 to week 9 lol. (Obviously not fully accurate) but running backs have success under Gase and forwhatever reason Kenyon Drake didn’t feel he got used as much is another story. I think with the experience he has coaching WR’s and QB’s, he’ll be able to draw up some interesting route concepts and mismatches that Jet fans have never seen from a OC/HC before.

I think this team can be productive on offense and get along fine.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There was a factual record.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So refreshing watching this coach in action.  Another thing is you can tell he believes in his own abilities.  You’ll NEVER see him play a Vet who isn’t measuring up but is a built in excuse for a coach who is just as big a bum.  You’ll never see him kick a FG down 30 points so he can say “at least we didn’t get shut out”.  You’ll never see him punt 2 scores down with 5 minutes to go inside the opponents territory.  Man, I had never seen a call like that in any fake pro, college, high school, when Bowles did that in Pittsburgh.  Should have been fired the next day.

This 100%!!!!!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Interesting to see Gase on the field and to get more of a feel of his coaching style.  Especially interesting to compare his style to Bowles and his demeanor on the field and practice field.  

Seems like Gase is always talking, always  helping or critiquing players.  More importantly seems like hes always COACHING, what a concept.  Even has time to throw a joke or jibe at a Adams.

Definitely a different look that what we had with the statue.

When he's yelling "Eyes up" do you think he's talking to himself? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The mere fact that Kacy Rogers stayed employed for 4 consecutive years proved the Jets coaching staff was more like a Social Club counting the days until their Pension was due.

This more than anything spoke VOLUMES!!!!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Reminds me a lot of Bowles, except he's an offensive guy, and he's instructing, and has energy, and has some emotion, and is white. Other than that, pretty much same guy.

You left out “intelligent”, there, fixed it for you.

Such an exciting season coming up.  Like I mentioned earlier in another post, we finally have “adults” running the NY Jets in Gase and Williams, not to mention a universally acclaimed  new young GM.

The last 4 YEARS was like watching the break-room for “administrators” in a NYC Public School.  Hideous, it was though it would never end.  Still can’t believe Mangini only got HALF the time Bowles got. Not saying Mangini would have succeeded, but he was smarter than that entire group that was just FINALLY shown the door...combined.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Bingo!

I think the Jets finally get it, and it took Chris Johnson to be bold, even if the media and some of our fans didn't (or don't) see it.  Gase was the right choice and I think Douglas is as well.  On the field, in the meeting rooms, on the sideline...I think we have a smart, capable HC who is All In on coaching.  I could give two shifts about whether he "wins the press conference" or if he seems stiff in a suit.  The guy is a baller and thrives being around players.  You can see it.  He says more and interacts with more players in the first 10 minutes of practice than Bowles did in the whole 2 hours.

There's a reason why the Jets endured all the expected ridicule of hiring the Dolphins' reject and also firing Maccagnan in May.  Both moves were ripe for criticism and the inevitable chorus of "dysfunction," and "Same old Jets" talk.  In order to bring that on yourselves you need to have conviction that you're making the right moves, that the guys you're hiring are worth the pain and criticism.  Chris Johnson has shown that conviction with his talk, with his actions, and with his wallet.

I'll be bold and put this out there....For all the criticism the Jets have taken and the media sh!tstorm that's been generated over the past few months I think THIS will turn out to be the best Jets offseason in a decade.  The Jets have upgraded their GM, their HC, most of their coaching staff, their skill positions, their pass rush and their fvcking uniforms!  So the press can take that and smoke it!

Outstanding job by Chris Johnson.

I pretty much reserved judging him too soon when he had so much to learn in trying to be an NFL owner overnight.

Now I think he has come through for the fans with flying colors.

A gift was sent from the Heavens in Darnold and Chris Johnson knew he had to take full advantage of that...and he has, by putting in place people who will do everything in their power to make sure Darnold not only succeeds but maybe even reaches that “Best QB in the NFL, next Peyton Manning” throne that Tony Romo has projected for him.

The moves Johnson has just made all but I think guarantees a now DECADE PLUS of Playoff runs.  Lots of exciting Darnold vs Mahomes action during that time.