Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sarge4Tide

Jets will have fan vote for All Time Team this summer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Jeff Lageman was average at best.

 


Lageman was a good player on a bad team, but not good enough to be an all-time Jet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Offense
QB - Joe Namath
RB - Curtis Martin
FB - Richie Anderson
LT - Winston Hill
LG - Randy Rasmussen
C - Nick Mangold
RG - Dave Herman
RT - Marvin Powell
TE - Mickey Shuler
TE - Jerome Barkum
WR - Don Maynard
WR - Al Toon
WR - Wayne Chrebet (Slot)

Defense
DE - Mark Gastineau
DE - John Abraham
DT - Joe Klecko
OLB - Mo Lewis
OLB - Calvin Pace
MLB - Marvin Jones
MLB - David Harris
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Aaron Glenn
FS - Eric McMillan
SS - Victor Green
KR/PR - Leon Washington


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

stop it already.  Take out any fullback not named Jon Riggins, and install John Riggins.  I don't believe any former Jets fullback will argue with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t Mawae a center? Seems cheap to vote both him and mangold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:


Lageman was a good player on a bad team, but not good enough to be an all-time Jet

Correction:  Jeff Lageman was an average player on a bad team, which made him look even worse than average.  I never liked Jeff Lageman.  I watched his entire career, and he was nothing special.

If you really want to add another D lineman, how abut Abdul Salaam, who was a part of the New York Sack Exchange?  Certainly he was better than Jeff Lageman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wasn’t Mawae a center? Seems cheap to vote both him and mangold 

I see the judges conversing, but I think they're going to allow it. Either could slide over to guard in a pinch I'm sure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tkiss24 said:


James hasty 7 years a jet no pro bowls or all pros....24 picks one pick 6
Aaron Glenn 8 years as a jet 2 pro bowl and 2 all pro....24 picks 3 pick 6


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Aaron Glenn never once made an official all pro team, he did make an unofficial one in 2002 with the Texans. Hasty made an official one (2nd team) with KC.  Hasty was overlooked with us because we always sucked in those days, once he went to a good team he was a pro bowl/all pro player.

Hasty could lock down opponents top WRs, Glenn would get destroyed.  In 1998 he was humiliated vs Joey Galloway and later got hurt in that game and essentially missed the rest of the season.  Mickens stepped in and the team didn't miss him at all.

Glenn played more games as a Jet and had less INTs (INTs alone don't tell the story though, INTs can be overrated).  Jet fans more remember Glenn as a return man, with the ball in his hands he was a threat to score where on an int or STs return but as a cover corner Hasty was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Aaron Glenn never once made an official all pro team, he did make an unofficial one in 2002 with the Texans. Hasty made an official one (2nd team) with KC.  Hasty was overlooked with us because we always sucked in those days, once he went to a good team he was a pro bowl/all pro player.

Hasty could lock down opponents top WRs, Glenn would get destroyed.  In 1998 he was humiliated vs Joey Galloway and later got hurt in that game and essentially missed the rest of the season.  Mickens stepped in and the team didn't miss him at all.

Glenn played more games as a Jet and had less INTs (INTs alone don't tell the story though, INTs can be overrated).  Jet fans more remember Glenn as a return man, with the ball in his hands he was a threat to score where on an int or STs return but as a cover corner Hasty was better.

Did glenn return kicks?  I remember he was the best punt returner coming out of college but muffed a few his first year and never ended up returning punts in the nfl. Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Alka said:

Correction:  Jeff Lageman was an average player on a bad team, which made him look even worse than average.  I never liked Jeff Lageman.  I watched his entire career, and he was nothing special.

If you really want to add another D lineman, how abut Abdul Salaam, who was a part of the New York Sack Exchange?  Certainly he was better than Jeff Lageman.

Lageman had 10 sacks in 1991, and after being injured in 1992, came back to have 8.5 sacks in 1993.  Those were some above average years.  And again, those weren't very good teams.  Abdul Salaam, while a good player too, had a lot more talent around him.  Teams game-planned for Klecko and Gastineau first.  With Lageman, he was the focal point of the pass rush game plan in the early 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Did glenn return kicks?  I remember he was the best punt returner coming out of college but muffed a few his first year and never ended up returning punts in the nfl. Strange.

Yeah, he returned kicks most of his time here.  I remembered they wanted him to be the PR but he couldn't catch a punt in preseason 1994.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I thought the same thing. Oh boy.

Switch him for Kerry Rhodes. A bit premature to have Jamal on the list. Or maybe Aaron Glenn since it’s a DB category.

Rhodes???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wasn’t Mawae a center? Seems cheap to vote both him and mangold 

He played OG and C

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Lageman had 10 sacks in 1991, and after being injured in 1992, came back to have 8.5 sacks in 1993.  Those were some above average years.  And again, those weren't very good teams.  Abdul Salaam, while a good player too, had a lot more talent around him.  Teams game-planned for Klecko and Gastineau first.  With Lageman, he was the focal point of the pass rush game plan in the early 90s.

To be fair, Lageman had 34.5 sacks through 6 seasons with the Jets. That is an average of 5.75 sacks per year.  Hardly anything to crow about.  After the first two years where he had 4.5 sacks, then 4 sacks his second year, the highlight of his career was 10 sacks the following year. He was injured the following year, then 8.5 sacks and then 6.5 sacks the year after that.  If we remove the year he was injured, then his average yearly sack total jumps to an amazing 6.7 sacks per year.

In my humble opinion, he was an average player.  Not a bad player, but not to be in any discussion about him being one of the best Jets of all time.  If he were in the discussion, then it would be an embarrassment to the history of the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stop it already.  Take out any fullback not named Jon Riggins, and install John Riggins.  I don't believe any former Jets fullback will argue with you.

He wasn’t used like a fullback, he was used like a RB. His official position was FB, but let’s be realistic, he was basically an outstanding backup RB... that’s why I didn’t put him.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...