Some interesting comments from Kirwan /Carucci on Douglas hire

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nice, if we turn this thing into the early 2000’s Peyton Manning led Colts then we’re in business lmao.

no but seriously — that’s a nice blueprint to follow. Adding playmakers left and right is what Polian did and they took care of business in the trenches.

Wasn't their defense their achilles heal?

Having a coach and a gm be on the same page, well that is a revelation.

Our coach had a large say in who the GM was.  Normally it is the other way around.

The old coach and gm with equal power and both report the owner is still a recipe for back stabbing, intentional or not if things start to go badly.

• Sympathy 2

The reporting structure thing was way overblown.  People need to realize football owners are taking the organizational
structures they use in their other businesses and bringing them into the league

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, KRL said:

The reporting structure thing was way overblown.  People need to realize football owners are taking the organizational

if you win, no big deal.  if you lose anything is subject to scrutiny and/or criticism.  and that's where the jets have been for a while.  if they start winning everyone will be a genius again even mccagnan.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Um... Chris Johnson has no other businesses. And Woody manages charities. They have little to no business management experience. It's all trial and error for these two rich boys.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I wonder if woody is scared he won’t have a job when he comes back ? he failed for years, so far his bro is making right moves. If we actually win now, I don’t think  the fans will won’t woody touching this team again 

Woody doesn't know the difference  between a first down and a touchdown.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Was listening to NFLN on Sirius yesterday and Kirwan and Curruci made some really interesting observations about the Douglas hire. They basically said:

1. The Jets are AHEAD of the curve in their coach and GM combo. Said that in today's NFL the model that works is to have a GM and HC that are really in lockstep and work as a team. Carucci spent a lot of time comparing the situation to Levy/Polian in Buffalo and said that the Jets are potentially duplicating that type of situation

2. Kirwan, said, which shocked me, that the organizational structure of GM having all the power and the Head Coach reporting to him is not effective in the modern NFL. He thinks the Head Coach is more important than the GM and that they should be equals, both reporting to the President, with the Head Coach actually having more influence than the GM. Jets get roasted routinely for this structure but both guys think it is actually the right structure

3. Both think Douglas will be an awesome GM, and even more so because he is aligned with Gase.

Thank you for this post!!!!!!!!!!

Their thinking dovetails with my own in that I too believe that the Jets have finally gotten it right.

I think the few fans out here who see Idzik or MacCagnan in Douglas and Gase are simply not paying attention.  Quite frankly IMO Douglas is more qualified than our last 4 GMs COMBINED!!!

And Gase whom I DIDN'T want has the advantage of having been a HC before, which is the first time we have seen this from the Jets since Bill Parcells over 20 years ago (Bellichick doesn't count)!

So finally we have organizational structure for the Jets that has a real chance at long term success; and again quite frankly this is an amazing turn of events that no fan of this team had any right to hope for!!

LETS GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I wonder if woody is scared he won’t have a job when he comes back ? he failed for years, so far his bro is making right moves. If we actually win now, I don’t think  the fans will won’t woody touching this team again 

That is why I said make CJ President and have Woody be CEO when he comes back.....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

Wasn't their defense their achilles heal?

Sorta. Colts defense during that time was setup for Peyton to get ahead and allow Freeney/Mathis and company to pin their ears back and get the QB. Those defenses could never stop the run unless you count the times Bob Sanders was healthy (not often)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

yeah he is real scard he wont give himself the job back because his brother has failed since he started. great comment.

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Um... Chris Johnson has no other businesses. And Woody manages charities. They have little to no business management experience. It's all trial and error for these two rich boys.

Your half right.  C J, to anyone's knowledge, has never worked a day in his life.

Woody on the other hand has had several successful business'.  A real estate/development company, a cable company, and an investment company.  All of which made great money.  he used the money he inherited well.

C J on the other hand...…………………………..

• Upvote 1

Just now, flgreen said:

Woody on the other hand has had several successful business'.  A real estate/development company, a cable company, and an investment company.  All of which made great money.  he used the money he inherited well.

Folks either don't know this, forget it or dismiss it.  

Sure, he started out with a massive massive head start but he didn't just sit back and enjoy it.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Sorta. Colts defense during that time was setup for Peyton to get ahead and allow Freeney/Mathis and company to pin their ears back and get the QB. Those defenses could never stop the run unless you count the times Bob Sanders was healthy (not often)

Yeah I remember Sanders was a hammer, but often injured.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah he is real scard he wont give himself the job back because his brother has failed since he started. great comment.

Think the part you missed badly on is the Chris hasnt come close to failing.  And in actuality has been a whole lot better than Woody

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

At this point the biggest worry is the almost universal praise around this move. It’s like the expectations are already building to such a point that can’t possibly be sustained.

Yeah, deals working or failing are really dependent on what some think about the deal.

Woe is me, they like it.  

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If the team is more profitable and successful under CJ, than WJ, perhaps Momma J will insist that CJ run the team.  I read somewhere that all three own an equal 1/3 of the team.  Momma J is the tie breaker.

Big Bad Mamma Jamma!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1