Jets Announce 2019 Game Themes

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

FF7-F3-A04-0-AAE-42-CE-AAAE-457-C96-C1-D

Standing on the wrong side of the field in September is the real crime, not the color of the polyester. 

Let’s bake our players and make the coaching staff blind and squint-ached by staring into the sun while letting our opponents enjoy the shade.  

Genius.

SAR I

It's like people forgot about science they learned in 5th grade.

I still maintain wearing all dark green unis rather than all whites in early September 1:00 o'clock games is a disadvantage but yeah, being in the sun is brutal. I've sat in the EY Coaches club a few times and it is freaking hot down in the sideline access area.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Nice...make the Cowboys were those horrific blue jerseys.

Hopefully it won't be 70% Cowboys fans that day.

I actually like those; never understood the hatred for them.

but yeah I saw that and......I don't know.  something about pi$$ing off the Cowboys.....

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I still maintain wearing all dark green unis rather than all whites in early September 1:00 o'clock games is a disadvantage but yeah, being in the sun is brutal. I've sat in the EY Coaches club a few times and it is freaking hot down in the sideline access area.  

and now we have black too!!!

I don't know; these are professional athletes man!  suck it up!  I HATE the giants, but you know if you're going to one of their home games, they will be wearing their blue jerseys.  the Jets?  (although not recently) it's like they wear white in september, probably for the reasons you said. 

and last year (and apparently this year too) was just crazy!  HULK DAY - all green;  white out day - all white.  and now we throw black into the equation.  gotta love marketing!  first game I ever took my wife and kids to was week 2 of 2011 season.  we are all there in our Jets green, and they wear.......the awful throwback Titans uniforms!!  I mean are you kidding me!?!?!?  nothing like seeing a see of green and white rooting for....blue and gold?  thank God we got over that phase!

1 minute ago, Legend Killa7 said:

and now we have black too!!!

I don't know; these are professional athletes man!  suck it up!  I HATE the giants, but you know if you're going to one of their home games, they will be wearing their blue jerseys.  the Jets?  (although not recently) it's like they wear white in september, probably for the reasons you said. 

and last year (and apparently this year too) was just crazy!  HULK DAY - all green;  white out day - all white.  and now we throw black into the equation.  gotta love marketing!  first game I ever took my wife and kids to was week 2 of 2011 season.  we are all there in our Jets green, and they wear.......the awful throwback Titans uniforms!!  I mean are you kidding me!?!?!?  nothing like seeing a see of green and white rooting for....blue and gold?  thank God we got over that phase!

Wear black at night or 4:00 or in October/November/December.

I get they are professional athletes but so are the guys wearing white.

It's simple science.  

Take every advantage--no matter how minute-- and don't give that advantage to your opponent.  It's called home field for a reason.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Peace Frog said:

It's simple science.  

Take every advantage--no matter how minute-- and don't give that advantage to your opponent.  It's called home field for a reason.

black I agree.  but green?  I don't know man....

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's simple science.  

I agree 100%        

Take the advantages that are there for the taking and have zero risk.  Its a No brainer 

8 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I agree 100%        

Take the advantages that are there for the taking and have zero risk.  Its a No brainer 

Look, it's not that big of a deal, it's just a pet peeve of mine why we put fashion over science.

Plenty of time for black or green.  

That first game is going to be sunny and hot.  

On 6/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, Peace Frog said:

Why the f*ck are we wearing all Green at 1:00 in early September when it could be 85 degrees out and 100 degrees on the field in full sun?

We should be wearing all white at home until the temps (and sun) goes below the horizon.

Did any of these idiots take science class in middle school?

Dark colors absorb light, light colors (especially white-which--don't be jagging with me--white's a color or a shade all the same) reflect light. 

Bill's going to be decked out in all white unis cool as cucumbers.  White cucumbers.  

Its actually not true.  Pretty much little difference

"White clothing reflects sunlight, but also reflects internal heat back towards your body, so the net effect under identical conditions is less cooling than if you wore black."

On 6/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, Peace Frog said:

This has been revised a while ago

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This has been revised a while ago

I have to disagree regardless of what science says. 

When I'm out on the course in the middle of an August heat wave, it's substantially hotter wearing a black shirt  than wearing a white shirt. 

51 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I have to disagree regardless of what science says. 

When I'm out on the course in the middle of an August heat wave, it's substantially hotter wearing a black shirt  than wearing a white shirt. 

You can disagree all you like.  It always was a wives tale and has been proven over again with science.  

Darker colors can actually be cooler than lighter colors. 

As I said, you can disagree.  What should be said though is that as been said we dont have a situation where those in charge of nonsense like which of our 3 uniforms should be worn proves that theyre morons without a clue about middle school science.

https://www.abc17news.com/weather/physics-explains-why-dark-clothes-better-are-than-white-in-summer/530336222

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-physics-that-explain-why-you-should-wear-black-this-5903956