All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Meanwhile, the "greens don't match" brigade probably live in apartments last remodeled in 1980 with faded avocado green countertops and orange shag carpeting that hasn't been cleaned since Testaverde.

SAR I

Lol.  I live full time in a 4br/3 bath 3500 sq ft vacation home, in a ski town, that was remodeled a couple years ago.  Very modern, open floor plan, 30’ vaulted ceilings.  But keep making assumptions :) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Butterfield said:

Lol.  I live full time in a 4br/3 bath 3500 sq ft vacation home, in a ski town, that was remodeled a couple years ago.  Very modern, open floor plan, 30’ vaulted ceilings.  But keep making assumptions

I wasn't talking about posters who live with their parents.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I agree with you.  Although, I would say that the difference is the bears only difference is with shade, which isn’t as bad as the hue issue with the jets helmet and uniforms.

The Jets went with a simple helmet design atop a complex helmet color.  Color-changing automotive paints do just that-  they change color.  The exact color of the jersey is in the helmet but the helmet is designed to be a gradient of 100s of shades of green.  It's not a solid color.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets went with a simple helmet design atop a complex helmet color.  Color-changing automotive paints do just that-  they change color.  The exact color of the jersey is in the helmet but the helmet is designed to be a gradient of 100s of shades of green.  It's not a solid color.

SAR I

The SHADE is not the issue.  The HUE is.  The color of the jersey is definitely not in the helmet.  Grow some eyes.  

• Upvote 1

Sorry to interrupt the pissing contest, but...

They do match. 
Metallics and fabrics are two different materials with two different surfaces that reflect light differently.  Any team with a dark helmet doesn't "match" their jerseys even though the Pantone's are the same.
SAR I
Actually Pantone is intended to solve the problem you're describing. The Pantone Matching System exists to make it so that you can choose a color, and match it on different jobs, on the same or different different substrates. There are Pantone formula guides for coated and uncoated paper, plastic, vinyl, cotton, polyester, nylon, etc. The idea being that using Pantone base pigments and formulas (which vary by substrate) corresponding to a colors PMS #, you can match color across these substrates. This is not to say that other attributes that you mention might make viewers perceive different color, but the color, or hue, should remain the same - things like brightness or brilliance are what's actually changing.

Your eyes must be bad.  They could easily match, they just did a bad job.
Do you have any idea how many eyeballs saw this, from the people that designed the helmets and uniforms, the to the people that produced it, to the Jets organization, to the NFL? I don't love the mismatch, don't hate it either, it's just a fad that will probably be gone soon enough, but 1 thing I am 100% certain of - they know it didnt match. They know how it looks. They liked it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 12:20 PM, SAR I said:

Today's Backpedal Of The Day comes from one Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/09/03/christopher-johnson-is-effectively-killing-his-jets-narrative/

Christopher Johnson is effectively killing his Jets narrative

By Brian Costello

Jets chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson sat in a board room at team headquarters last Dec. 31, facing a group of reporters. Johnson had fired coach Todd Bowles the night before, and now he was outlining what he wanted in a new coach.

“If you make it here, you’re a freaking legend,” Johnson said that day, sounding a bit like Frank Sinatra. “That counts for something.”

Johnson could have also been talking about himself.

Woody Johnson’s 60-year-old kid brother has been minding the store for two years now while Woody serves as the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom.

When Christopher took over in August 2017, there was skepticism about how much control he would have and whether he would just be Woody’s cross-Atlantic puppet. But Christopher has put his stamp on the Jets in his two years in charge, and if the moves he has made wind up turning the organization around, fans might build a statue of him.

APOLOGIZE, COSTELLO.  YOU SLAUGHTERED THE JETS BACK IN MAY, CALLED US "DYSFUNCTIONAL".  SAID WE RAN A "CIRCUS".  APOLOGIZE.

SAR I

On 6/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, SAR I said:

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

This aged like a fine whine.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

82-B6-A0-E8-E6-D2-4-C2-C-BA61-8266-BAED4

7-DFC653-B-17-DD-474-C-B5-FA-59306-EB6-E

BC9-A88-C7-1-D46-43-EE-ACF3-F1-B0-DFF517

They are all doing it today. 

Perfect timing on your part, thanks for the bump.

SAR I

You wrote: 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

You think the Jets writers are apologizing because the Johnsons/Gase have done a good job?  LMAO!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You think the Jets writers are apologizing because the Johnsons/Gase have done a good job?  LMAO!

If they wanted Johnson and Gase to feel more heat they would have easily supported the idiotic airplane gesture.  The fact that they are smart enough to stand up for what’s right instead of playing the fans for chumps and to apologize for the behavior of 149 miscreants is classy, so I hereby forgive them for their misdeeds in August. 

SAR I

They do match. 
Metallics and fabrics are two different materials with two different surfaces that reflect light differently.  Any team with a dark helmet doesn't "match" their jerseys even though the Pantone's are the same.
SAR I

The uniforms are straight garbage. Idk how anyone could think differently.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

The attitude of fans and media is as bad as I remember, going back to 1996. Gase doesn't make a second season. Thats a virtual lock. His hiring was a huge mistake. 

I get the injuries and roster, but then you add a guy who can't make eye contact, is dismissive, exerts zero leadership, has to be coaxed into being accountable,  loses his composure in press conferences, ignores problems  and isolates himself on the bench and fails to manage a game while it is still being played, and admits to not.paying attention? A guy who got fired for the same crap last year, and has obviously learned nothing from his past failures? Who has never been successful aside from when he had a HOF'er under center who essentially designed and called his own offense?

(If you bring up the Tebow year, you're a moron. Gase was QB coach for a guy that played like a RB that threw the ball on occasion). 

Gase has zero resume, zero leadership ability, hasn't demonstrated an ability to "develop" a QB, is stubborn and refuses to adjust, and has a stale offense. 

Its OK to admit being wrong. Being g stubborn and giving this guy too much time, while we devolve into a total train wreck (too late?) And watch our QB devolve is where the disaster lies. **** Defense and **** the record. Get Gase and Loggains out of here. ASAP.

Before its unfixable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/12/2019 at 7:55 PM, BCJet said:

Often times in life its better to be lucky then good.  

I could care less what the calendar said when we fired Mac, but to keep him in January, let him hire a coach, run FA and the draft and then fire him is idiotic.  There is no other side to that argument.

What we can praise CJ for is recognizing his first mistake and not compounding it by keeping Mac for another season and having to compete for Douglas with other teams next off season.  Lets hope he now takes a big step back from the organization and lets Douglas run this thing.

The beat writers were wrong - who cares.  Unfortunately their job is to get clicks and interactions and calling the Jets a circus does that.

That is the all encompassing key.  The Johnsons have to let Douglas do his job. That includes, at long last, realizing that the HC needs to report to Douglas and not the owners. It is pointless to worry about draft picks or FA or scheme if the management structure is not sound.  It is like calling in the plumber and electrician to work on a new construction with a foundation made out of oatmeal.  Nothing else needs to be considered until that gets worked out.  Douglas has a proven track record and is capable of fixing the Jets.  That is all underpinned by Johnson staying out of his way.   

image.png

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe if you count our season opening "win" against the Bills. 

The Bill's will blow this team out in week 17. By that time, the locker room will only be worried about next year, wondering who the coach will be, and if there are enough hefty bags to get all of their crap out of the lockers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

After we knock the Bills out of the playoffs?  Talk about bad timing. 

SAR I

You are the king of retreating to a new position while calling everyone idiots for not agreeing. Are we still SOJF losers for laughing at the playoff predictions? Dude you need to learn from past mistakes. Bad predictions are common. The condescension is totally absurd.

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:49 AM, varjet said:

I agree that Mac should have been fired with Bowles. 

But CJ was not going to do that or get that.  It took getting Gase in the building for CJ to realize just how bad Mac was.  Mac’s approach to FA also sealed his fate. 

But no team was going to release any of their FO in March.  The Jets had to play with the system.  They had to wait until after the draft.  This has been done before.  

To me, where they screwed up was not letting Gase really run the draft   That is what the Bills did after they decided to fire Whaley.  Mac passed on too many OL   

It was an imperfect process, but this is the  best the Jets organization has looked in a long time 

NO way in the world you let gase run the draft wtf has he done to even deserve that? He ran miami into the ground so much so they are tanking to rebuild and get his stench out of the building. Gase sucks as a head coach the proof is in his record and the fact Sam has regressed.

What ever the f this thread here besides a love feast for someone accidentally finding 10 bucks or gm on the ground. We are still short a head coach that can actually coach. Look at his record for an offensive Genius his offensives suck.

Normally you find the gm and then let the gm help in finding the head coach. But not the Jets we let a lame duck run the draft and the offseason. As far as letting the coach run the draft no thanks they are short term thinkers I am not saying that is bad but you have to have some future sight to build a team. The Jets  need a valid long term capable president of football operations )Ozzie Newsome would be great) and they should have ran the draft.

I have hope Douglas pans out so far between him and Gase they could not find a kicker, brought a center out of retirement and has at best mixed results. How about we let him have a draft before we call any one as a success

• Upvote 1