All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Give me a break.  Do you believe everything the media feeds you?  How about it was obviously this:

In February, Johnson decides to fire Bowles and Maccagnan, but it's not a good time to blow up the player personnel department 4 weeks before free agency and 6 weeks before the draft because Heimerdinger is going too.  So he keeps Maccagnan, puts him on a leash, and along with Gase and Williams signs off on every single player and every single move Maccagnan makes.  When FA and the draft are over, he off's Maccagan as he decided to back in February.

Christopher Johnson is the CEO of a mulit-billion dollar corporation and that's how its done.  You get rid of the people you don't want at the very moment they are the least necessary to your business model.  Immediately after the draft is the perfect time to get rid of a GM.  Not immediately before.  Not when there is no replacement in place.

SAR I

If this theory is true then why was Gase unhappy that we didn't bring in a FA center and felt that we overpaid for Le'Veon Bell?  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

You care far too much what the media thinks, mate.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are quoting hearsay via an unnamed source from a notoriously untrustworthy newspaper reporter.

SAR I

His quote below is basically a read-between-the-lines comment that Macc overpaid for Bell.  If Gase was calling all the shots (like you claim) then this wouldn't have been the case.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/23/adam-gase-addresses-fights-off-leveon-bell-reports-ridiculous/

“We signed him. I’m excited we have him,” Gase said. “I’ve been in constant communication with him. Discussions happen and, to me, when you’re going through free agency … we signed a lot of guys. You’re trying to put together a big puzzle. You’re trying to figure out money, fit, locker room, all those things. There’s just a lot of things that go into all that stuff. Discussions are had. Whether or not we disagreed [on] anything … financially, that’s a completely different story than the person or the player. That’s where a lot of this gets misconstrued.”

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Usually I could care less.  Usually I preach against the sensitive and the weak.

But in this case, it had the potential to do real damage.  Coach Gase wasn't on the job two weeks before this was thrown in his lap, I'm sure it upset his family, I'm sure he was embarrassed by it.  And it potentially cost us Douglas and/or made us pay more.  We live in a social media world and our owner, coaches, and players are all no doubt sensitive as to how they are portrayed. 

Reporters scream "dysfunction" and cause the dysfunction.  Ludicrous hypocrisy.  And now they want to walk it back?  Now they want to pretend it didn't happen?  Now they give Christopher credit for doing a good job?  Screw them.

SAR I

Right, usually.  Usually.

I weep for Gase's family, how could they possibly handle it.  I weep for potentially losing Douglas whom we didn't lose.   

Oh no, walking it back, how dare they, no really, seriously, wow.

Much outrage.  It's a literal slap in the face!  Rabble Rabble!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, freestater said:

If maccagnan had been fired after the season I doubt we would have ever landed Douglas. Everything worked out perfectly for our offseason. I guess the only wish I would have to change it would be to have Douglas prior to the draft making our decisions in FA and the draft

This.

And I believe that Christopher Johnson orchestrated the entire strategy.  This wasn't some fortunate accident.  This was a strong CEO move by a strong CEO.  He's doing it his way with the reporting structure, he did it his way to get Gase, and he did it his way to string along a GM to do the dirty work of cap and contracts and punted him the moment he didn't need him anymore.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Give me a break.  Do you believe everything the media feeds you?  How about it was obviously this:

In February, Johnson decides to fire Bowles and Maccagnan, but it's not a good time to blow up the player personnel department 4 weeks before free agency and 6 weeks before the draft because Heimerdinger is going too.  So he keeps Maccagnan, puts him on a leash, and along with Gase and Williams signs off on every single player and every single move Maccagnan makes.  When FA and the draft are over, he off's Maccagan as he decided to back in February.

Christopher Johnson is the CEO of a mulit-billion dollar corporation and that's how its done.  You get rid of the people you don't want at the very moment they are the least necessary to your business model.  Immediately after the draft is the perfect time to get rid of a GM.  Not immediately before.  Not when there is no replacement in place.

SAR I

I agree with this 100%. It would have been hard to replace both gm and coach at the same time. Mac signed some key free agents that improved the roster and there was no way of knowing he wouldn’t mesh with Gase. Johnson recognized it and took some heat but Now we have a much more highly regarded gm who can work with the coaching staff and improve the organization moving forward. Looking back on this in a few years will vindicate Johnson entirely. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

I agree with this 100%. It would have been hard to replace both gm and coach at the same time. Mac signed some key free agents that improved the roster and there was no way of knowing he wouldn’t mesh with Gase. Johnson recognized it and took some heat but Now we have a much more highly regarded gm who can work with the coaching staff and improve the organization moving forward. Looking back on this in a few years will vindicate Johnson entirely. 

To summarize this embarrassing sh*tshow of a thread, "Alls well that (hopefully) ends well".

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

How about we let people EARN respect? CJ hasn’t proven much yet at all. He’s on an upward trend but still has a long ways to go and to prove that he isn’t indecisive or that he can make sounds decisions on his own.

I’ll completely give him credit if he can’t make good decisions, realizes that and then leans on the right people. That’s fine too. Just give things a chance and stop jumping to conclusions prematurely. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Until the Johnsons finally get it right and win a super bowl, The Jets will always be labeled as dysfunctional by the media. It’s low lying fruit. Deal with it.  So now they’re praising the CJ’s work...shocking! How else are they gonna get their foot in the door and get stories? By licking boots!

Just don’t read their crap.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This!!! Too many sheep... Not enough people reading between the lines

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Not only do i agree with this, i wonder when gase knew he could essentially hire his own gm, since reports that came out during the draft about mccags getting the axe and the jets hiring Douglas proved true.  Gase probably knew, but who else, and when?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

To summarize this embarrassing sh*tshow of a thread, "Alls well that (hopefully) ends well".

No, to summarize:

Christopher Johnson is a shrewd CEO who knows a thing or two about business and just got the best HC candidate and best GM candidate in the NFL to join a 4-12 also-ran.  And his ingrate fans should flog themselves for believing the BS from the print media who time and time again treat them like the pathetic victims they are.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this theory is true then why was Gase unhappy that we didn't bring in a FA center and felt that we overpaid for Le'Veon Bell?  

How do you know that is true and not just a made up narrative from a single beat reporter... Nobody knows what context gase was talking about overpaying for bell because it has also been 'reported' that the contract he didn't want to give bell and overpay for was the 100 million dollar one that the media was reporting bell wanted

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

CJ had this grand plan where he knew Macc was going to recommend Adam Gase.  And CJ knew that Gase would get him Joe Douglas.

5D chess!

/s

Or CJ made the shortlist of HC candidates and asked Maccagnan to participate in the interview process.  When it was complete, CJ decided that Gase was his man and made sure Maccagnan knew it and would publicly buy into it.

Once Gase was aboard it was time to covertly make a shortlist of GM candidates and Douglas was on the list from both Johnson's and Gase's standpoint.  All that was needed was to get Maccagnan out of the building, start the Rooney process, and get Douglas's contract signed.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

How about we let people EARN respect? CJ hasn’t proven much yet at all. He’s on an upward trend but still has a long ways to go and to prove that he isn’t indecisive or that he can make sounds decisions on his own.

I’ll completely give him credit if he can’t make good decisions, realizes that and then leans on the right people. That’s fine too. Just give things a chance and stop jumping to conclusions prematurely. 

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

What have any of them actually done? Maybe wait until they win a game...

This is about the media not about the coaches and owner... Don't derail the thread

• Thumb Down 1