All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

3 hours ago, jgb said:

You are the king of retreating to a new position while calling everyone idiots for not agreeing. Are we still SOJF losers for laughing at the playoff predictions? Dude you need to learn from past mistakes. Bad predictions are common. The condescension is totally absurd.

Actually, no.

I stand by my 11-5 prediction.  Based on what I've seen, had this team stayed healthy, we definitely would have gotten there.  Hell, if we didn't stay healthy and merely had Teddy Bridgewater at QB2 we'd be 4-4 right now.

We're a playoff team next year so long as Darnold heals, progresses, and doesn't need to learn his third playbook in three years.  And I feel good about that.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

I stand by my 11-5 prediction.  Based on what I've seen, had this team stayed healthy, we definitely would have gotten there.  Hell, if we didn't stay healthy and merely had Teddy Bridgewater at QB2 we'd be 4-4 right now.

We're a playoff team next year so long as Darnold heals, progresses, and doesn't need to learn his third playbook in three years.  And I feel good about that.

SAR I

We definitely would've gotten to 11-5 had we stayed healthy?!  LMAO!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Look, won't pretend Gase has been much good. Continuity for it's own sake does have some value, but it is not the only value. But you cannot make this decision until at least the season is over, and also take into account the pox-like injuries of this team, as well as how bereft of talent this roster was. The Khalil and Osemele moves were supposed to be capstones, but reality is they were fingers in a dike with too many holes.  Again, not saying Gase gets a total pass, hut revisit this in January, not now.

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Look, won't pretend Gase has been much good. Continuity for it's own sake does have some value, but it is not the only value. But you cannot make this decision until at least the season is over, and also take into account the pox-like injuries of this team, as well as how bereft of talent this roster was. The Khalil and Osemele moves were supposed to be capstones, but reality is they were fingers in a dike with too many holes.  Again, not saying Gase gets a total pass, hut revisit this in January, not now.

you and the people who think like this are ignoring his track record which is poor even at best

On 9/3/2019 at 10:11 PM, joewilly12 said:

Like the hat not the buckle Santa Claus. :D

I just bought a black 920, it should arrive next week.

You're lucky if those sized hats fit you well. Every time I try one on They're either just a little tight, or a little too big. 

I like the adjustable much better. I've never heard them referred to as a "dad" hat before. I got a laugh out of it though...

43 minutes ago, Bugg said:

My opinion – I keep Gase through the end of this year simply from the standpoint of continuity, as you said. Darnold does not need more change. He already had offensive turnover after playing only what, 13 games in his first system last year?  We can’t make another change after only 8 games. However, if come week 17 the Jets have not shown any ability to protect or continue the development of this quarterback then I don’t care how depleted the roster is or how many injuries we have had, we have to make a change. The one and only goal right now in a 1-7 season is to prepare this young quarterback for 2020. Everyone else, Adams, Bell, Quinnen Williams, etc. is expendable in the light of understanding that this is a young quarterbacks league. If we don’t have a QB then we truly have NOTHING left in this franchise to build around. 

35 minutes ago, rammagen said:

you and the people who think like this are ignoring his track record which is poor even at best

Not ignoring anything. Simply saying firing him now makes no sense. There's no benefit for the organization. You have 8 games to look at and then make an informed decision; whether he makes good decisions, good game plans, if Darnold makes progress. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

My opinion – I keep Gase through the end of this year simply from the standpoint of continuity, as you said. Darnold does not need more change. He already had offensive turnover after playing only what, 13 games in his first system last year?  We can’t make another change after only 8 games. However, if come week 17 the Jets have not shown any ability to protect or continue the development of this quarterback then I don’t care how depleted the roster is or how many injuries we have had, we have to make a change. The one and only goal right now in a 1-7 season is to prepare this young quarterback for 2020. Everyone else, Adams, Bell, Quinnen Williams, etc. is expendable in the light of understanding that this is a young quarterbacks league. If we don’t have a QB then we truly have NOTHING left in this franchise to build around. 

After week 17, that's eminently fair and sensible. More data is better. Threatening to fire a coach because they lose any game between now and then is a very bad sign going forward. Because no matter who coaches this team in 2020, there are going to be bumps in the road. That's not a place anybody, good or bad,  wants to work. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

It's kinda crazy. I never liked Gase, but I really did feel that we put together a strong coaching staff. Guys like Cooter, Frazier, Pollack, Jefferson and even Heinz Ward on Offense. Williams, Vitt, Carter on D. I felt pretty good about their ability to have good schemes and coach guys up and develop. After the last decade of minimal development, I was really looking forward to seeing some good old fashioned hard work by a veteran staff pay off.

The injury thing has been absolutely crazy and I'd entertain that we are doing something wrong with the conditioning, but even with that its been absolutely devastating. The injuries considered, I still am having trouble seeing where this coaching staff, especially on offense, is having a positive impact. I'm looking but I'm not seeing it. Even Robbie seems to be off somewhat. He was good at winning contested balls the last few seasons and this year he doesn't even seem interested in the contest of fighting for the ball. Everyone seems to be just a tad less able out there. 

And that O line. WTF is that??? I've never seen a line so bad in all my years watching the NFL.  It just might be the worst ever. Where is Pollack? Where is Frazier? Where is Gase and Cooter? How the hell can we just keep going with the line the way it has been for the first 6 games?  

So I'm touring back and forth on whether or not Gase is redeemable. I'm with you on the continuity, but I really just don't see where the positives are. Darnold looks lost and scared. That OL will do it to ya, but again, where is the scheme to account for it?  Where is bell in the mid range receiving game?  So anyway, it's late and I'm just blabbing now, but I'm with ya. When we take the emotions out of it as fans, there may be more to the decision than we'd like to believe. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

SAR I

RUN FORREST RUN

goingnow GIF

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

Not ignoring anything. Simply saying firing him now makes no sense. There's no benefit for the organization. You have 8 games to look at and then make an informed decision; whether he makes good decisions, good game plans, if Darnold makes progress. 

but here is the whole point the informed choice was never to hire him. He has a losing record and developed a young qb into anything. what you risk is destroying anything left in Sam and doing irreversible damage to him. Sam has already regressed, so I am not sure what games you are watching.

If Sam is the most important piece in this franchise then he should go sooner the better. never mind his lack of in game changes and the way he calls a game, all this was pointed out as negatives about him in Miami and they have not changed here. A coach that is more likely to lose a game by more then 20 points then to win is not a good coach

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

SAR I

I’ll have what he ^ is having. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

After week 17, that's eminently fair and sensible. More data is better. Threatening to fire a coach because they lose any game between now and then is a very bad sign going forward. Because no matter who coaches this team in 2020, there are going to be bumps in the road. That's not a place anybody, good or bad,  wants to work. 

there is plenty of data on gase, but if it is not like you are firing the guy for being competitive in fact it is quite the opposite I expect bumps in the road but these are not bumps or potholes these are grand canyon sized issues.

So it is not like firing gase is sending a bad message in fact it is sending a message that these type of prolonged lack of effort and change can not be tolerated. Look at the previous regime for all there faults  and loses at least they looked better then gase. Do you know how hard it is to make Bowles look good?

On 11/9/2019 at 1:46 PM, SAR I said:

If they wanted Johnson and Gase to feel more heat they would have easily supported the idiotic airplane gesture.  The fact that they are smart enough to stand up for what’s right instead of playing the fans for chumps and to apologize for the behavior of 149 miscreants is classy, so I hereby forgive them for their misdeeds in August. 

SAR I

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Manish?  The guy is a joke.  Naive Jets fans can feel free to play the victim listening to this pied piper.  Or Beningo.  Whichever one makes you feel worse about yourselves.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:52 PM, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

SAR I

This team isn't making the playoffs until they upgrade the offensive line at 3 spots minimum.

• Upvote 4

On 11/10/2019 at 12:52 AM, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

SAR I

Oh goodie so we can look forward to this same "debate" next year.

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:52 PM, SAR I said:

Actually, no.

SAR I

There's no way to sugar coat this abomination. The Jets have the dead last offense in the NFL right now. Which has been a common theme for approximately a decade now. This has no OL. This team also has a serious shortage of talent. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. You're still wrong and we know it.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gonna agree with Manish (for a change) on this one.

Of course.  Manish is an excellent writer.  We are lucky to have him covering the team.

But this is adam gases team for the rest of this season and next.  We really dont need these types of articles right now.

Im am on the adam gase train but if we start 1-3, 2-5 next year, the planes are going up again.