All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think you meant “derail” and every thread deviates from the original topic at least a little bit. Especially when it’s actuslly related. Don’t tell me how to post. Just agree or disagree. Thank you. 

I think you meant "actually", then put me on ignore like everyone else... The doomsday posters derail every thread into talking about how they think the organization should be run or how bad a job they did... THIS Specific topic was about how the media is backtracking on their media blitz on how dysfunction the Jets are when everything seems to be more functional then ever and the end result is a team ready to compete this year.

And FYI it was a phone auto-correct that edited my text

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets always win meaningless games and screw themselves in the draft the following year.  So he corrected that by aggressively trading up in a QB-rich draft.  Not Superman.  Just smart.

We lucked out when Sam fell to us. The Browns made a mistake taking Baker - yeah, time will tell, but I'm betting on Sam being the far superior FQB . Then the Giants take a frigging RB when Manning is almost toast. What was more likely after the trade up is that the Browns take Sam and the Giants take Baker and the Jets end up with Rosen and lose three second round picks.

We've had a run of great luck and it's about time after 50 years.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RobR said:

You're right.....time will tell. I've been a Jets fan for a long time so I know how these things can go and normally expect them to go.

Even if these moves backfire and don't work out I'll still give him credit because I liked the moves he made. That doesn't happen very often with this franchise. My biggest hope is Woody never steps foot within an ocean of this team again and if CJ's ways start working that should seal it. Woody is an awful owner when given control of the team. CJ has been pretty damn good considering he had zero experience a couple of years ago.

The thing with Woody is that he hired search firms TWICE which I give him credit for. He knows he isn’t a football guy and tried leaning on “professionals” to find him GM/coach. It didn’t work out but I think it was one of Woody’s “smarter” moves because he had the right idea.

Meddling, structure of coach and GM reporting to owner and being indecisive are major flaws of ownership. CJ is guilty of the latter 2 just as much as woody which is why I reserve praising him too much. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

I think you meant "actually", then put me on ignore like everyone else... The doomsday posters derail every thread into talking about how they think the organization should be run or how bad a job they did... THIS Specific topic was about how the media is backtracking on their media blitz on how dysfunction the Jets are when everything seems to be more functional then ever and the end result is a team ready to compete this year.

When has a thread that has gone over two pages ever stayed on track about the original topic? I'm guessing that's none.

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

I like them both, glad they are Jets.

If Darnold takes the next step under Gase, we'll all be happy.

I'm rooting for them both to succeed (of course).  I just feel like Gase has a combustible sort of personality.  Douglas just seems like a much safer bet to me.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm rooting for them both to succeed (of course).  I just feel like Gase has a combustible sort of personality.  Douglas just seems like a much safer bet to me.

Gase has handled everything very well. He is all about winning. If they are losing, that's where he can become combustible. But so far, he was owned.

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This isn’t doomsday. This is being realistic and my take is all. You need to chill. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The thing with Woody is that he hired search firms TWICE which I give him credit for. He knows he isn’t a football guy and tried leaning on “professionals” to find him GM/coach. It didn’t work out but I think it was one of Woody’s “smarter” moves because he had the right idea.

Meddling, structure of coach and GM reporting to owner and being indecisive are major flaws of ownership. CJ is guilty of the latter 2 just as much as woody which is why I reserve praising him too much. 

I hated the entire Korn Ferry fiasco because they weren't tied into the NFL community. I did like how he hired Mac and Bowles by basically saying "I don't know WTF I'm doing". It didn't work out and now with hindsight we can see why. Not ONE other team in the league wanted Mac, only Casserly. Ron Wolf and Casserly can rot in hell for all I'm concerned. They ended up both being frauds that wanted a quick payday and Woody was the one paying.....although I'm guessing it was on the cheap.

I still think JD has carte blanche when it comes to running this team and that is a good thing. 

Do you think if Woody was still running the team we would have landed Douglas at that pricetag? That alone is the reason enough for me to have more faith in CJ than I ever did in Woody.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Jets have to win for a few years to get the love

I agree but what the media has done to this organization is despicable... and it is A reason why FAs don't want to come here... The Media click crowd tries to write anything that gets the attention of the hoards and then it gets picked up by AP and national media and even if they are wrong it doesn't matter... because they got their audience...

Its a major problem right now with all media in the US and it needs to stop... Stop posting ridiculous articles from anonymous football sources which could be a ******* ball boy or a janitor on his opinion... No secondary sources are used by column writers anymore and they feel no responsibility for the damage they cause.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Gase has handled everything very well. He is all about winning. If they are losing, that's where he can become combustible. But so far, he was owned.

He got fired in Miami for being a lunatic despite finishing 7-9 (which was reasonably good considering their roster).

Just now, RobR said:

I hated the entire Korn Ferry fiasco because they weren't tied into the NFL community. I did like how he hired Mac and Bowles by basically saying "I don't know WTF I'm doing". It didn't work out and now with hindsight we can see why. Not ONE other team in the league wanted Mac, only Casserly. Ron Wolf and Casserly can rot in hell for all I'm concerned. They ended up both being frauds that wanted a quick payday and Woody was the one paying.....although I'm guessing it was on the cheap.

I still think JD has carte blanche when it comes to running this team and that is a good thing. 

Do you think if Woody was still running the team we would have landed Douglas at that pricetag? That alone is the reason enough for me to have more faith in CJ than I ever did in Woody.

I’m not sure if we would have landed Douglas or not. The Macc and Bowles hire was desperate and I’d have to think he’d be just as desperate after that completely backfired. I do think the Johnson’s want to have a good team but if you don’t know anything about football, you are only as good as the people around you.

They haven’t had good people around them for a long time hence the period of desperate/horrible hires. Can’t fully blame them for trying. I just don’t like their power structure and think that coach reporting to GM doesn’t really work for us. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He got fired in Miami for being a lunatic despite finishing 7-9 (which was reasonably good considering their roster).

He was a luntic because Miami is dysfunctional. 

Which was the first thing he addressed once he became a Jet.

This franchise is in much better shape since Adam Gase has gone to work.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I agree but what the media has done to this organization is despicable... and it is A reason why FAs don't want to come here... The Media click crowd tries to write anything that gets the attention of the hoards and then it gets picked up by AP and national media and even if they are wrong it doesn't matter... because they got their audience...

Its a major problem right now with all media in the US and it needs to stop... Stop posting ridiculous articles from anonymous football sources which could be a ******* ball boy or a janitor on his opinion... No secondary sources are used by column writers anymore and they feel no responsibility for the damage they cause.

Like the video below posted by @SAR I (that he's very proud of!) showing our draft blunders?

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

There are 15 other threads about that sh*t... keep it there

Please stop derailing the thread with your message board dictatorship of telling everyone what to do. We all know that you aren’t that bright. You don’t need to keep showing it and running around downvoting everyone like a little girl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This isn’t doomsday. This is being realistic and my take is all. You need to chill. 

This isn't doomsday... I said doomsday posters... the sheep that repeat the ridiculous headlines that have been shot down over and over yet continue to be recited because they don't care if the statement is correct or not... 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

If we only consumed well written and thoughtful articles than that is what they would produce 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m not sure if we would have landed Douglas or not. The Macc and Bowles hire was desperate and I’d have to think he’d be just as desperate after that completely backfired. I do think the Johnson’s want to have a good team but if you don’t know anything about football, you are only as good as the people around you.

They haven’t had good people around them for a long time hence the period of desperate/horrible hires. Can’t fully blame them for trying. I just don’t like their power structure and think that coach reporting to GM doesn’t really work for us. 

Their power structure is becoming more common as Douglas addressed and Philly is run the same way

Just now, Larz said:

If we only consumed well written and thoughtful articles than that is what they would produce 

You are correct but not enough people care enough to not follow these bad writers. And some writers decide to (or forced to for content purposes) bad sources or topical subjects that are completely wrong to generate revenue... So you end up reading sh*t articles just trying to get the well written ones.

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m not sure if we would have landed Douglas or not.

We would have never landed Douglas. We would have landed one of the lesser candidates and we could have seen 100's of threads where the homers defended it. Then the SOJF fans(what I consider myself) would have rebutted them for four years as we kept losing and Darnold withered on the vine. The we'd fire said GM and Coach and be in year 8 of the rebuild.

The last time I was this happy was when we brought Parcells in to turn around one of the biggest floundering franchises in the NFL. You know what JD and Parcells have in common? They're winners. I'll take the right hand man of a recent SB winner over some glorified scout for the Texans or a bean counter from Seattle.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Please stop derailing the thread with your message board dictatorship of telling everyone what to do. We all know that you aren’t that bright. You don’t need to keep showing it and running around downvoting everyone like a little girl. 

Boo Hoo... please cry about it...

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Like the video below posted by @SAR I (that he's very proud of!) showing our draft blunders?

What does draft blunders have to do with false reports from media? These draft picks happened... The junk Mehta has been spewing is speculative junk that is clickbait... Not even close to the same thing...

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Actually Woody is guilty of the Meddling and the structure... He hired Bowles and Mac and set up that structure. CJ has been nothing but a decisive Owner in his 2+ years of running the team and kept the structure that Woody set up and that has slowly been the direction that franchises are moving towards as Joe Douglas pointed out in his press conference and is the exact way that Philly is set up.

Think of the direction the whole franchise has changed since CJ took over... they have a Great GM, HC, and a franchise QB... I think that is pretty damn good in my mind

• Upvote 1

Actually Woody is guilty of the Meddling and the structure... He hired Bowles and Mac and set up that structure. CJ has been nothing but a decisive Owner in his 2+ years of running the team and kept the structure that Woody set up and that has slowly been the direction that franchises are moving towards as Joe Douglas pointed out in his press conference and is the exact way that Philly is set up.

So you're saying...Woody was a pioneer.

Nice.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So you're saying...Woody was a pioneer.

Nice.

Not pioneer, he isn't the first to do it, at least that I know of... and there are more franchises set up this way then people realize... SF is one Chargers are another... we just found out about Eagles... as you start actually looking into the FO of other teams were already doing this.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

May 15, 2019:

"Just when it appeared the Jets were the stable franchise in town, they reminded everyone no one quite does dysfunction like they do."

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/inside-jets-chaos-maccagnans-final-straw-leveon-bell-conflict/

SAR I

So this is supposed to satisfy the backround? One measly article? One line within the article outlining what went wrong for Mac. This is lame. He doesn't even call out specifically Chris Johnson. This is absurd.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

May 15, 2019:

"Just when it appeared the Jets were the stable franchise in town, they reminded everyone no one quite does dysfunction like they do."

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/inside-jets-chaos-maccagnans-final-straw-leveon-bell-conflict/

SAR I

So this is supposed to satisfy the backround? One measly article? One line within the article outlining what went wrong for Mac. This is lame. He doesn't even call out specifically Chris Johnson. This is absurd.

Just now, NYJ1 said:

To be fair he was just posting the one article... Mehta has been burning the Jets down since his source got fired... and now is trying to come back on the everything is great now and by training camp he is going to be talking about how they are going to win the superbowl

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not pioneer, he isn't the first to do it, at least that I know of... and there are more franchises set up this way then people realize... SF is one Chargers are another... we just found out about Eagles... as you start actually looking into the FO of other teams were already doing this.

Yet you dumped on Woody for setting this up and are hailing Chris for keeping what Woody set up and admit that some of the league does it and the rest may be doing it in the near future.

Got it. 

• Thumb Down 1