All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

11 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Think of the direction the whole franchise has changed since CJ took over... they have a Great GM, HC, and a franchise QB... I think that is pretty damn good in my mind

You're doing exactly what you railed against what the so called "media hacks" are doing:

assuming

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Since the Johnson’s have taking over, the Jets have had 9 winning seasons, 8 losing seasons, and 2 8-8 seasons. Not what we want but we’ve been middle of the pack. 

There are worse teams out there. Just looking at our division, the Bills have only gone to the playoffs once over that time. The dolphins have made the playoffs 4 times and the jets 6x.

Again not what we want, but we’re more middle of the pack than a clown show.

I hear ya, but the problem is: 8 of those 9 winning season were between 2000 and 2010!  When the Johnsons (Woody) took over, it was actually looking like one of the best decades in Jets history!  almost every year in playoffs, except when Pennington was hurt, 2 AFC title games...

but from 2011 on?  notsogood.  we needed a change.  is CJ the answer?  who knows, but you can see this guy WANTS to win.  hopefully all these moves work out for us!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The Jets went to back to back AFC championship games and the back cover of the daily news and New York post had Rex and company in a clown car. 

I know.  ahhh the good ol' days!  I think Rex gets a bad name for his coaching, but man, that mouth!!  As a fan, I hated having to "back up that mouth" all the time!  we go to back to back AFC champ games, Rex talks about being the best football team in nY for 10+ years, and the very next year?  the idiots win a SB.  unbelievable.

then you get Bowles who is just such a nice man.  never ran his mouth like Rex, but just not a very good HC IMHO.

so now we have Gase.  hasn't coached a game yet, so jury is still out.  based on what we have seen thus far, I'm happy.  he's not all bravado like Rex, but he does SEEM like he knows what he's doing.  seems like he ACTUALLY has a plan.

hopefully, he can get some wins, keep his mouth shut and make us proud again.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The reality and most likely scenario as to what happened is what it looked like happened.  Not Genius but not incompetence either.

1. CJ had every intention of keeping Mac, at least this year
  2. Mac and CJ hired Gase together
  3. Gase, didn't love the way Mac was handling FA's (i.e. not addressing C)
  4. Mac likely didn't give Gase as much input as he would have liked
  5. Gase complained to CJ
  6. CJ realized what was best for the franchise long-term was to have the HC and GM working together
  7. CJ chose Gase over Mac
  8. CJ made an aggressive move to secure a legitimate top flight GM candidate, someone that Gase wanted as well.

Ultimately CJ saw his error, recognized he needed to make a change and made a move that all the "Big Boys" would be praised for...Good for CJ and good for The Jets

Again, this is just my guess as to what happened - but more often than not the most obvious answer is the right one.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I thought your #s 1-8 exactly, but you are right in line with what I have thought all along.  God knows I have watched that One Jets Drive episode from last year "The Call" where Darnold gets drafted, (like 100 times!) and seeing GM, HC, OC etc all there, all calling him, etc.  then you go to this year's draft and....no Gase?  something seemed off.  I heard he "wanted to be off camera".  ok, the guy is quirky, but still something seemed off.

I think the media went too far with this whole conspiracy theory, but I do think Gase was not all that happy.  Hey, I'm sure I speak for a lot of Jets fans when I say we weren't either.  "we need a center" - no center.  "we need a CB" - ok we drafted one, but come on.  then they draft a TE?  I can totally see Gase being frustrated and voicing his opinion to the owner.  maybe it woke CJ up?

either way, thus far, I am happy with the way things turned out, and looking forward to a great season!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I hear ya, but the problem is: 8 of those 9 winning season were between 2000 and 2010!  When the Johnsons (Woody) took over, it was actually looking like one of the best decades in Jets history!  almost every year in playoffs, except when Pennington was hurt, 2 AFC title games...

but from 2011 on?  notsogood.  we needed a change.  is CJ the answer?  who knows, but you can see this guy WANTS to win.  hopefully all these moves work out for us!

True. The 2000’s were great for us (aside from not winning a super bowl). But the clown stuff was still present over those years.

I became a fan in thelate 90’s. So I understand why I may be less combustible than other fans who’ve been around much longer. 

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

True. The 2000’s were great for us (aside from not winning a super bowl). But the clown stuff was still present over those years.

I became a fan in thelate 90’s. So I understand why I may be less combustible than other fans who’ve been around much longer. 

late 90s?  try being a Jets fan in college during the '96 season.  really tests your mettle!!

43 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

late 90s?  try being a Jets fan in college during the '96 season.  really tests your mettle!!

I became a jets fan during the Dick Kotite years 4-28 baby!

I’m like the opposite of a Patriots or Chicago Bulls fan

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

Manish Mahta was the worst and he has made a 180 turn as if he never called Gase a backstabber and the Jets a dysfunctional, franchise in disarray. You know you did Manless.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair the Dumb Luck Fairy did bring us what very well could be our first franchise QB in half a century. 

It wasn’t dumb luck; trading up to #3 was a huge risk if one of the top two QB’s wasn’t there. 

That was a balls-out big boy move by Christopher Johnson.  Yes, it takes luck right now to have things work out for Sam to reach his potential. But drafting him was an aggressive move, high risk, high reward. Not luck, strategic.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Manish Mahta was the worst and he has made a 180 turn as if he never called Gase a backstabber and the Jets a dysfunctional, franchise in disarray. You know you did Manless.

Public Enemy #1. 

His NYJ credentials should be revoked. 

Public Enemy #2?  Joe Beningo.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It wasn’t dumb luck; trading up to #3 was a huge risk if one of the top two QB’s wasn’t there. 

That was a balls-out big boy move by Christopher Johnson.  Yes, it takes luck right now to have things work out for Sam to reach his potential. But drafting him was an aggressive move, high risk, high reward. Not luck, strategic.

SAR I

Rather be lucky than good. 

- C. Johnson 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There's a good chance that you're literally the only person on this forum who thinks CJ (not Macc) made that move.  Don't give me "signed off on", btw.  He's still going to sign off on Joe D's moves too, no?  So is Joe D (the GM you're saying was the best GM candidate out there) not the real GM in your opinion?

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Public Enemy #1. 

SAR I

Another absurd post.  I don't like Manish's articles (though I get a laugh out of them at times) but he's no public enemy.  If you believe that Manish caused the Johnson's to not hire Doug Marrone then you should blame that on the Johnson Bros, not Manish.  

As for Joe B, this is you once again trying to increase your own stature by saying "I'm the new era Jet fan.  No more of this SOJ stuff".  You've been pushing this angle for a while now and it's completely hollow.  Exactly what does your attitude have to do with the success or failure of this franchise?  I mean, do you really think it's the attitude of Jet fans that has caused the franchise to earn the "SOJ" moniker?  The Pats were sad sacks for a long time but now they're the best franchise in the sport.  Was it because their fans "turned that frown upside down" or was it because of BB and TB? 

Hmm, let us all think about that one.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Public Enemy #1. 

SAR I

Benigno and Roberts sound clueless about Gase.  They are uninformed on that one.  But they are right that Christopher Johnson is in over his head.

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Benigno and Roberts sound clueless about Gase.  They are uninformed on that one.  But they are right that Christopher Johnson is in over his head.

If the current coaching staff and roster is Christopher Johnson in over his head, bring it on. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's a good chance that you're literally the only person on this forum who thinks CJ (not Macc) made that move.  Don't give me "signed off on", btw.  He's still going to sign off on Joe D's moves too, no?  So is Joe D (the GM you're saying was the best GM candidate out there) not the real GM in your opinion?

Another absurd post.  I don't like Manish's articles (though I get a laugh out of them at times) but he's no public enemy.  If you believe that Manish caused the Johnson's to not hire Doug Marrone then you should blame that on the Johnson Bros, not Manish.  

As for Joe B, this is you once again trying to increase your own stature by saying "I'm the new era Jet fan.  No more of this SOJ stuff".  You've been pushing this angle for a while now and it's completely hollow.  Exactly what does your attitude have to do with the success or failure of this franchise?  I mean, do you really think it's the attitude of Jet fans that has caused the franchise to earn the "SOJ" moniker?  The Pats were sad sacks for a long time but now they're the best franchise in the sport.  Was it because their fans "turned that frown upside down" or was it because of BB and TB? 

Hmm, let us all think about that one.

I am not interested in hearing your opinions about me as a person or as a poster.  If you want to discuss the New York Jets I will consider engaging with you. Otherwise, I will not. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 5:51 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was still an idiotic approach.  And let's say Sam gets injured this year because we didn't bring in a center.  Was it still brilliant of CJ to let Macc run the draft and FA?

For the record, I'm thrilled that we got Joe Douglas.

So when you make a mistake, instead of correcting it right away you would let it dig deeper ?  ?why you are not a ceo.. You have to fire a gm in Jan or wait until after draft. You can’t bring in a gm and scout team in feb/March and expect them to scout country.. Mac was given a second chance, he chose not to change his failed ways.. if woody was still here we would still have worst gm in nfl 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, SAR I said:

I am not interested in hearing your opinions about me as a person or as a poster.  If you want to discuss the New York Jets I will consider engaging with you. Otherwise, I will not. 

SAR I

What some idiots still do not get is colts had a qb. They were in LOVE with a can't miss once in a decade guard. The colts played mac if anything. They could have been idiots like the raiders, or giants, and picked the player they wanted without moving down. But they made a genius calculation. Picked the guy they would have picked at 3, and add 3 2nd round picks. Which unlike Mac they use very well.. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So when you make a mistake, instead of correcting it right away you would let it dig deeper ?  ?why you are not a ceo.. You have to fire a gm in Jan or wait until after draft. You can’t bring in a gm and scout team in feb/March and expect them to scout country.. Mac was given a second chance, he chose not to change his failed ways.. if woody was still here we would still have worst gm in nfl 

Sounds like you agree with me that he made a mistake by not firing Macc at the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What some idiots still do not get is colts had a qb. They were in LOVE with a can't miss once in a decade guard. The colts played mac if anything. They could have been idiots like the raiders, or giants, and picked the player they wanted without moving down. But they made a genius calculation. Picked the guy they would have picked at 3, and add 3 2nd round picks. Which unlike Mac they use very well.. 

Good point!  I think most of this forum had no idea who Andrew Luck was.

/s

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:07 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

No it didn't.

I have to say I wasn't really expecting the idea that newspaper stories have a meaningful effect on results to get such a run for its money in the crazy department but you guys really made me proud on this one. Bedtime stories, more allusions to the notion that we're gonna be great now that Maccagnan is gone bc (stuff Maccagnan did), etc. The life imitates sports media product thing remains the thorazine-soaked cherry on the sh*t sundae, but this was a strong field.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good point!  I think most of this forum had no idea who Andrew Luck was.

/s

Well some losers said “ luck was done “ but in reality he just needed an OL. They have a gm who can actually draft good players in 2nd round.. hopefully we finally have a gm now who can do the same ha

I agree that Mac should have been fired with Bowles. 

But CJ was not going to do that or get that.  It took getting Gase in the building for CJ to realize just how bad Mac was.  Mac’s approach to FA also sealed his fate. 

But no team was going to release any of their FO in March.  The Jets had to play with the system.  They had to wait until after the draft.  This has been done before.  

To me, where they screwed up was not letting Gase really run the draft   That is what the Bills did after they decided to fire Whaley.  Mac passed on too many OL   

It was an imperfect process, but this is the  best the Jets organization has looked in a long time 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Very true. But make no mistake: the Jets made out as well! No way Sam is there at #6! Both sides getting something? That’s called a good trade! And let’s be honest: Macc would have blown the 2nd round pic anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, Skeptable said:

Woody had control of this team for 20+ years... Chris has had control for 2+. Chris has hired a coveted GM, an aggressive HC, and the team has drafted a Franchise QB... 

I dumped on Woody for the 20+ years he was in control and let this team be dysfunctional and become a circus in the media with Rex... Chris has gotten rid of the instability and hired (for good or bad) a GM for 6 years and coach for 4 and full control of a Franchise QB going into his 2nd year... You tell me which is more dysfunctional.

And about the power structure... I don't care which way it is... they both can work... I was just giving the facts that more teams do it then is reported... and that this team is not dysfunctional because of it... 

Eh he got lucky.  Sam fell in our laps the giants were stupid for not drafting him even if Barkley is a great running back even a pretty good qb is way more valuable in today's NFL.  Then he hired Gase, good move, then Macc couldn't get along with Gase and got finally got himself fired after a garbage record

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I agree that Mac should have been fired with Bowles. 

But CJ was not going to do that or get that.  It took getting Gase in the building for CJ to realize just how bad Mac was.  Mac’s approach to FA also sealed his fate. 

But no team was going to release any of their FO in March.  The Jets had to play with the system.  They had to wait until after the draft.  This has been done before.  

To me, where they screwed up was not letting Gase really run the draft   That is what the Bills did after they decided to fire Whaley.  Mac passed on too many OL   

It was an imperfect process, but this is the  best the Jets organization has looked in a long time 

The Gase hire was important because the Johnsons haven't had any good football people in this organization for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Eh he got lucky.  Sam fell in our laps the giants were stupid for not drafting him even if Barkley is a great running back even a pretty good qb is way more valuable in today's NFL.  Then he hired Gase, good move, then Macc couldn't get along with Gase and got finally got himself fired after a garbage record

Lucky or not... Way better then Woody has done

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Lucky or not... Way better then Woody has done

I don't think Woody is as removed from the situation as it is portrayed.  He has a made up job in England doing nothing and phones and the internet exist

We got lucky with Sam dropping to us and then Gase pretty much also fell in our laps.  It's scary to think we could have ended up with that midget goofball from Baylor.