All The Newspaper Weasels Who Unfairly Crucified Christopher Johnson Are Walking Back Their Positions - Let’s Not Let Them Get Away With It

SAR I

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Very true. But make no mistake: the Jets made out as well! No way Sam is there at #6! Both sides getting something? That’s called a good trade! And let’s be honest: Macc would have blown the 2nd round pic anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly! Imagine if Mac had done that every yr? Instead all the pics he threw away, use them to trade up few spots in first ? He may still have a job had he done that lol

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly! Imagine if Mac had done that every yr? Instead all the pics he threw away, use them to trade up few spots in first ? He may still have a job had he done that lol

What if... John Idzik had traded the entire 2014 draft to get Khalil Mack?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lots of us said he should trade everything every year to get in top 6 of draft. That would fix his terrible drafting from mid-1st all the way through the 7th rounds. Unfortunately, it would only work if he was a master of FA. But he sucked there also. He would’ve been exposed in any case.

• Post of the Week 1

• 1 month later...

Here we go.  Douglas makes a big bold move and I'm here waiting for the weasels in the media to backtrack.  Jets are dysfunctional, they said.  Clown show is back, they said.  Who fires a GM in May, they said.

Showtime.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

(Woody comes back from England.)

Woody:  Just because you turned the Jets around.  Doesn't mean your better than me. 

Chris:  Yes it does. 

Woody:  You don't know.  I'm in on political things... I went to England!

Chris:  You went to UA and end up ambassador of the Alpha Omega Toilet Bowl Ceremony too.  Doesn't make you special.

• Upvote 2

On 6/12/2019 at 6:36 PM, SAR I said:

No, to summarize:

Christopher Johnson is a shrewd CEO who knows a thing or two about business and just got the best HC candidate and best GM candidate in the NFL to join a 4-12 also-ran.  And his ingrate fans should flog themselves for believing the BS from the print media who time and time again treat them like the pathetic victims they are.

SAR I

I agree with a lot of things you are saying here.... But lets not go too far as to what this organization would have attracted when it came to a coach and GM after Bowles and Macc were sent packing. This is not to be considered (at the time) an also ran 4-12 mess when we had some very good players in place, arguably the best RB in the NFL a 22 year old franchise QB and a fantastic MLB to run the defensive play calls. We added players at every level on both defense and offense that should turn this around very quickly. 

That being said the biggest thing that started this turnaround was Woody taking a swim across the pond and giving the control to Chris who quickly acted on replacing the crap Woody hired with the help of a couple of Buffoons from NFL network and retirement who really had zero ties to the organization.

The key to the timing of the Douglas hiring was the fact we were in competition with no one for Hiring a GM, add that to the talent at QB and some of the other young talent we have and it was a no brainer thats why Douglas took the job that and Woody being gone.

This organization is now as solid as it ever was and I believe we will take the next step to winning a SB. Obviously that's going to hinge on Darnolds development and ability but I think he's got the right guy coaching him now to make that happen.

I think we have to also give credit to Mac for making the trade up to 3, where he got lucky and Darnold fell to us.   Having a potential franchise quarterback going into his second season had to play a role in convincing Gase as well as Douglas to sign on.  If this team goes on to become a perennial playoff/superbowl contender in the next few years, we will be able to point back to that trade and draft and when everything began to turn around for this franchise.  For that we really have to give Mac his due.  Having said that, it was definitely the right move to let him go.   

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I think we have to also give credit to Mac for making the trade up to 3, where he got lucky and Darnold fell to us.   Having a potential franchise quarterback going into his second season had to play a role in convincing Gase as well as Douglas to sign on.  If this team goes on to become a perennial playoff/superbowl contender in the next few years, we will be able to point back to that trade and draft and when everything began to turn around for this franchise.  For that we really have to give Mac his due.  Having said that, it was definitely the right move to let him go.   

I don’t think it was luck that we got our franchise QB, it was lucky we got Sam. 

At the point Mac made the trade, he knew Gettleman was going Barkley so he knew he was getting Baker or Sam. 

He preferred Sam (as did I) but would have been happy with Baker (as would I have been).

The luck was Browns going Baker. 

Mac traded up to get one of those two. For that we owe him a tad bit of gratitude. 

Dudes thinking  he just “lucked” or “stumbled” into a QB are not giving credit where due. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/12/2019 at 5:51 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was still an idiotic approach.  And let's say Sam gets injured this year because we didn't bring in a center.  Was it still brilliant of CJ to let Macc run the draft and FA?

For the record, I'm thrilled that we got Joe Douglas.

Well that didnt age well

• Haha 2

I don’t think it was luck that we got our franchise QB, it was lucky we got Sam. 
At the point Mac made the trade, he knew Gettleman was going Barkley so he knew he was getting Baker or Sam. 
He preferred Sam (as did I) but would have been happy with Baker (as would I have been).
The luck was Browns going Baker. 
Mac traded up to get one of those two. For that we owe him a tad bit of gratitude. 
Dudes thinking  he just “lucked” or “stumbled” into a QB are not giving credit where due. 

Agreed.

While interesting and intriguing, I really hope that signing a 34 year old Center for 1 season who was recently retired isnt the move that Douglas uses to lay the smack down on that haters who doubted the Jets. 

Naah. It’s just a move. A move that took some doing and was on the creative side. A move that helps give some space between safe and sucks. And hopefully the first of many such moves.

If we get Trent Williams in a similarly creative manner, then we cab pound our chests a bit.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Mac was good at 1 thing good players falling to him when he was in the top 5 every first round pick fell to him with the exception Lee. I would call it dumb luck. The guy had no clue on what he was doing he really knew he was screwed and figured he would have a shot at the top 3 QBs in this elite class he didn't even think Darnold would be available.  If anything his terrible draft management cost this team 4 years with picking in the top 5 for 3 of his 4 years not a good track record if anything he missed on both mahomes and Watson proving  he has no ability in thinking out side the box. He just picks on a bpa chart.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well that didnt age well

There are still people who believe Maccagnan ran the draft back in April and it wasn't Johnson, Gase, and Williams pulling all the strings. 

"We three alphas are going up the street to Topgolf while you build the 2019 Jets, have at it Mike, who's driving?"

SAR I

• WTF? 1

15 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I think we have to also give credit to Mac for making the trade up to 3, where he got lucky and Darnold fell to us

Absolutely.  Many great QBs are the result of luck btw.  Brady falling to the 6th.  Aaron Rodgers and Marino dropping in the 1st round.  Peyton not going into the draft after his sophomore and junior seasons (which we picked #1 overall both times) certainly helped the Colts out.  

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

There are still people who believe Maccagnan ran the draft back in April and it wasn't Johnson, Gase, and Williams pulling all the strings. 

"We three alphas are going up the street to Topgolf while you build the 2019 Jets, have at it Mike, who's driving?"

SAR I

I see you're still sticking with this inane point.

• Upvote 2

On 6/12/2019 at 5:51 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was still an idiotic approach.  And let's say Sam gets injured this year because we didn't bring in a center.  Was it still brilliant of CJ to let Macc run the draft and FA?

For the record, I'm thrilled that we got Joe Douglas.

15 hours ago, sackdance said:

Hmmm.  

Uhm, if you're impressed by this move, could you imagine what Joe Douglas could've done had he had all that money to spend and could've run the draft too?

I fully stand by my point.

20 hours ago, JiF said:

While interesting and intriguing, I really hope that signing a 34 year old Center for 1 season who was recently retired isnt the move that Douglas uses to lay the smack down on that haters who doubted the Jets. 

He wasn't here to run the offseason, so obviously pickings are slim at this stage in the offseason.  It's simply telling that his first significant move was addressing a position Macc has failed to address properly since Mangold retired.

He signed a Center who can't snap and roughly 75 % of people here were like "WTF Bowles???"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely.  Many great QBs are the result of luck btw.  Brady falling to the 6th.  Aaron Rodgers and Marino dropping in the 1st round.  Peyton not going into the draft after his sophomore and junior seasons (which we picked #1 overall both times) certainly helped the Colts out.  

that Peyton thing STILL kills me to this day.  Jets were playoff team 98, 01, 02, 04, 06 with Vinny friggin Testaverde and Chad.  just imagine if we had Peyton on those teams!!!

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Gase completely distanced himself from that draft. Hid in the corner so he wouldn't be seen on camera. Mac made all the phone calls to the picks. One of Gase's reported complaints was that Maccagnan didn't accept any input from the coaching staff, so Williams had no input, either. Chris Johnson is still learning what football is. It was 100% Mac, and the last straw for Gase before he pulled off his coup. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Gase completely distanced himself from that draft. Hid in the corner so he wouldn't be seen on camera. Mac made all the phone calls to the picks. One of Gase's reported complaints was that Maccagnan didn't accept any input from the coaching staff, so Williams had no input, either. Chris Johnson is still learning what football is. It was 100% Mac, and the last straw for Gase before he pulled off his coup. 

Macc was probably fully aware that he was a likely goner and I can't blame him for wanting to go out swinging with his own picks rather than Gase's.  You can blame the Jets for letting it come to that, but I can't really blame Macc.  Turns out he might have made some decent picks and if so, that will do a lot more to help him find work again in the NFL than being Gase's yes-boy would have.  Not saying Gase would have done worse or better, but looking at it from Macc's PoV, I can see why he did what he did.

8 minutes ago, slats said:

The Johnson Bros. are squash experts, maybe racquet ball.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He wasn't here to run the offseason, so obviously pickings are slim at this stage in the offseason.  It's simply telling that his first significant move was addressing a position Macc has failed to address properly since Mangold retired.

He signed a Center who can't snap and roughly 75 % of people here were like "WTF Bowles???"

What's telling about it?  Mac is gone and Center was a position that could be upgraded.  Not sure what we learned other than Douglas trusts a 34 year old who he had to pull out of retirement.  

Long didnt have snap issue in Washington and didnt have snap issue in NY until he got injured.  Then he couldnt snap the ball.  It was Todd Bowles, who sat their watching this all take place with a healthy back up ready to play that didnt take Long out, not Mac.

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, SAR I said:

And so it begins. 

So last month CJ was a dysfunctional fool and now he’s a genius.  Nice try you sycophants.  We won’t forget what you put Coach Gase (backstabber!) and Mr. Johnson (absentee owner!) and the entire organization through (dysfunctional!).

First up on the hypocrites list, Brian Costello:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/joe-douglas-was-worth-the-drubbing-christopher-johnson-took/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not happening.  Apologize.

SAR I

They haven't won anything yet . Woody should still sell .

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

They haven't won anything yet . Woody should still sell .

The New York media needs to apologize for their character assassination of Christopher Johnson (clueless!) and Adam Gase (backstabber!) and the New York Jets (dysfunctional!) before they come out with the "Jets did a good job, I'm thinking 10-6 and a wildcard" articles.

APOLOGY.  NOW.  MANISH.  CANNIZARO.  SERBY.  ALL THE REST.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

What's telling about it?  Mac is gone and Center was a position that could be upgraded.  Not sure what we learned other than Douglas trusts a 34 year old who he had to pull out of retirement.  

Long didnt have snap issue in Washington and didnt have snap issue in NY until he got injured.  Then he couldnt snap the ball.  It was Todd Bowles, who sat their watching this all take place with a healthy back up ready to play that didnt take Long out, not Mac.

Yeah the bad snaps are on Bowles. The guy had an injury that impacted his ability to snap. Bowles seemed to be the only one that didn't care.

Wasn't a terrible signing overall. Decent value at guard. Just can be rolling the ball to your franchise QB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I believe something else.

In February, Johnson decides to fire Bowles and Maccagnan, but it's not a good time to blow up the player personnel department 4 weeks before free agency and 6 weeks before the draft because Heimerdinger is going too.  So he keeps Maccagnan, puts him on a leash, and along with Gase and Williams calls all the shots and signs off on every single player and every single move Maccagnan makes.  When FA and the draft are over, he off's Maccagan as he decided to back in February.

Christopher Johnson is the CEO of a mulit-billion dollar corporation and that's how its done.  You get rid of the people you don't want at the very moment they are the least necessary to your business model.  Immediately after the draft is the perfect time to get rid of a GM.  Not immediately before.  Not when there is no replacement in place.  There is no way that Mike Maccagnan was allowed to make roster decisions.  Adam Gase and Gregg Williams did.

SAR I

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

i'd believe that more if polite and the guard from usc start lighting it up.  both of those picks were sooooooo very macky.  you know searching for that diamond in the rough that depends so much on attitude more than pure physical ability.