Coordinator Pressers

Lith

35 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Listening to Williams, I am reminded how long it has been since the Jets have had a coach that is articulate and handle the media well. 

Well I am with @Warfish on this, and put very little stock into coach speak, it at least makes it a bit more entertaining and bearable. 

Williams said a hell of a lot.  Got a lot more than nothing but coach speak from him

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read. It is a cool quote, but the idea that will equate with Adams having "a massive year" is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Wow! #6 overall was high on his list! Shocking!

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jason Meyers was ASS before he came to the Jets so I understood the fear of an outlier year for him but Andre Roberts, albiet 30, was the best KR/PR in the league. He barely plays other than that. No reason to let him go. Not like he has so much mileage on him as a player.

30 years old and low mileage = sucks.  Why do you cite the fact that he barely plays other than returns like it is a positive?  I get the coach might like him, but that was probably his best season and I'd rather have somebody with upside that could add to the roster down the line.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read. It is a cool quote, but the idea that will equate with Adams having "a massive year" is ridiculous.

Wow! #6 overall was high on his list! Shocking!

30 years old and low mileage = sucks.  Why do you cite the fact that he barely plays other than returns like it is a positive?  I get the coach might like him, but that was probably his best season and I'd rather have somebody with upside that could add to the roster down the line.

It’s a positive because he’s only been used for one thing — the one thing he’s good at. He has fresher legs than guys who also have been apart of the stock offense. Having low mileage and being 30 = he sucks? Ya...if I was talking about players in general but, again, I’m not.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Boyer:

Seemd pissed when asked about Andre Roberts.  Commented that we need to find replacement, have to faace him 2x per year.

Good things to say about Cannon.  Likes his potential as KR/PR.  Has speed you can't teach.  Made a lot of tackles on ST last year.

Cashman having good spring.  Working hard.  Lot of potential.  Did it in college; need to do it in pros.

Lac Edwards kicking as well as he has seen him kick.

Howany times have we heard similar things like this about players - cashman. I mean I want to believe

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

It's truly honest, detailed and unique insider info like this that makes me thank GOD we have Coach and GM pressers.

I mean seriously, how on earth would/could we know this vital piece of information without Coach Kenny Loggins telling us this?

"Real Impresed", clearly, SUPER BOWL!

"Another Coach out there", wow, I've never heard THAT kind of insight before.  Just wow! 

• Haha 1

biggest take away from all these three is williams talking about how he scouts coaches, pr men, and trainers.  Has notes on all of them and you have to earn his respect by how you go about your job.

I had heard this rumored about him that he kept notes on a lot of personnel men around the league whether it is coaches or team personnel which he used to help decide where he would go and coach.  Interesting to see that he has a healthy respect for a lot of the people here already and for gase in general. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

OK, I will play. What did you really learn about the Jets today, that you already did not know?

Didnt know that Cleveland led the league in 3-4 snaps.  Didnt know that GWilliams played QB in college and designs his defense off of what he learned as a QB to stop an offense.  Learned a little about GWs coaching style and that some of it is premeditated to help on game day.  Learned that Trumaine Johnson is out because of reasons beyond he doesnt have to be there.  Put to bed the idea that Vitt and Williams or Williams and Gase is stressed or a problem.

Thats enough for now. Sure as shlt more informative than what the media thinks about things

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's truly honest, detailed and unique insider info like this that makes me thank GOD we have Coach and GM pressers.

I mean seriously, how on earth would/could we know this vital piece of information without Coach Kenny Loggins telling us this?

"Another Coach out there", wow, I've never heard THAT kind of insight before.  Just wow! 

Agian, for someone who doesnt see the need to listen to any of these you listen to every single one of them and then feel the need to tell fans that they shouldnt act like fans and listen.

Odd.  

And if you didnt get anything from these its on you

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bear in mind that there are people on this website who believe Adams can make himself measurably faster when he’s angry: 

On 9/12/2018 at 11:28 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams was so pissed off after his NFL combine results that not even one month later, during his LSU Pro-Day; he ran a 4.33 40 and solidified himself while heading into the NFL draft. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Bear in mind that there are people on this website who believe Adams can make himself measurably faster when he’s angry: 

I love that 4.33 still getting thrown around.  His friend tweeted that after he ran.  I think the official time was 4.46.  Still way faster than the combine, but not that ridiculous time.  Who do they think he is?  Patrick Willis? 

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Didnt know that Cleveland led the league in 3-4 snaps.  Didnt know that GWilliams played QB in college and designs his defense off of what he learned as a QB to stop an offense.  Learned a little about GWs coaching style and that some of it is premeditated to help on game day.  Learned that Trumaine Johnson is out because of reasons beyond he doesnt have to be there.  Put to bed the idea that Vitt and Williams or Williams and Gase is stressed or a problem.

Thats enough for now. Sure as shlt more informative than what the media thinks about things

I guess if you are interested in trivia, it was worthwhile. But really, nothing came across that to me that is entirely surprising.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Boyer:

Seemd pissed when asked about Andre Roberts.  Commented that we need to find replacement, have to faace him 2x per year.

Good things to say about Cannon.  Likes his potential as KR/PR.  Has speed you can't teach.  Made a lot of tackles on ST last year.

Cashman having good spring.  Working hard.  Lot of potential.  Did it in college; need to do it in pros.

Lac Edwards kicking as well as he has seen him kick.

Another DUMB MacCagnan MOVE!!!

We have one of the worst talent level in the entire NFL and GM Coffee Cup gets rid of ProBowlers, who earned it from the ground up!

Horrible message to send to the team!

IMO It is a Joke!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I guess if you are interested in trivia, it was worthwhile. But really, nothing came across that to me that is entirely surprising.

Well thats fine.  

I guess you knew GW was a QB, that he has said the yelling etc is premeditated or that Cleveland led the league in 3-4 snaps.

I can admit I didnt know that or hadnt heard from him how hes a good friend of Vitt and how much hes a fan of Gase.

Nothing new or important there i guess, really nothing more than trivia.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Another DUMB MacCagnan MOVE!!!

We have one of the worst talent level in the entire NFL and GM Coffee Cup gets rid of ProBowlers, who earned it from the ground up!

Horrible message to send to the team!

IMO It is a Joke!

To me i can see making a case for why they werent kept football wise.

But this is the important part.  Telling the team that even if you make the ProBowl we dont care, you can be cut for no apparent reason

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

clearly that’s not what anyone took away from this presser. You’re overcompensating to prove a hollow point. 

We get that you don’t think pressers hold any weight in the W/L column but they are far from useless if you enjoy the interaction from the people that run our team.

• Upvote 2

My main takeaway is that we have a dramatically better but also much deeper coaching staff across the board. I get the feeling that the team vision is stronger with this staff than it was under Bowles. I never got the feeling that Bowles liked coaching up players, he just liked implementing a defense which is different. Like that Williams wants every defensive player to learn multiple positions. Enjoyed the dig against Bowles on how he used the defensive front. Sounds like Falk with at minimum be a practice squad guy, seems he is playing a larger than expected role in the QB room. Will be a fun year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

This is clearly the hot quote of the day. 

I wonder if this is part of Williams' usual shtick, call out the unit's best player (sorry @T0mShane) and tell him he's not so special. That's motivation for everyone, not just the Prez. 

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Howany times have we heard similar things like this about players - cashman. I mean I want to believe

With the GM who drafted him in the fifth round out the door and the head coach showing no interest in the draft this year, whatsoever, all of these draft picks have to work harder and not expect to make the team just because they're draft picks. Douglas and Gase don't give a ****. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1