Our WR Coach With A Spot On Darnold Analysis

Just now, nico002 said:

I said it last year and I’ll say it again- Darnold is one of the most accurate QBs I’ve ever seen. His on the move accuracy is other worldly. 

Meh, he needs work on his down field throwing. I’ll slob on his knob WITH you when it comes to accuracy on the run though.

29 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Did you ever see Hackenburg play?

Live at Penn State and in preseason with the Jets.

He was inaccurate AND couldn't read defenses and was afraid of the rush so he would chuck balls up.

INTs are more a function of lack of anticipation and inability to read coverages.

Accurate guys still throw INTs, just not a lot of them because they limit the opportunity to pick balls off.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't know about that "accurate as sh*t" thing buddy.

Darnold threw a lot of fu*king interceptions last year. Just saying....

There's lots of ways an accurate pass can be intercepted...starting with a sh*t ass offensive coordinator calling sh*t ass plays....See, e.g., Darnold's first ever NFL pass.

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There's lots of ways an accurate pass can be intercepted...starting with a sh*t ass offensive coordinator calling sh*t ass plays....See, e.g., Darnold's first ever NFL pass.

Sam never should've even thrown that pass.

Come @ me.

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That play should have never been called (plus the pass was accurate)

Image result for come at me bro night king

The accuracy of the pass is irrelevant if it ends up a pick-6.

Sam doesn't get a pass when he lobs a ball like that across his body and the entire field.

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The accuracy of the pass is irrelevant if it ends up a pick-6.

Sam doesn't get a pass when he lobs a ball like that across his body and the entire field.

I am giving the biggest pass in the world to a 21 year old guy in his first pro game on his first pro pass.  

Kind of rebounded nicely, no?

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Kind of rebounded nicely, no?

He sure did.

It's just blind homerism to blame the O-coordinator for calling the play, and yet not on the guy who threw the ball. It's okay to blame Sam for mistakes he makes.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Woah, a pass that was an easy pick 6 should not have been thrown??  With insight like that you should work with the MNF crew!

lol Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I'll hire you to get my coffee once I get the gig. We'll have fun together.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't know about that "accurate as sh*t" thing buddy.

Darnold threw a lot of fu*king interceptions last year. Just saying....

You just refuse to let that die. It seems like every single time someone  mentions something positive you call out his interceptions. It's really really old.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Again, I don't really put a lot of stock in INTs just like % rate means very little in accuracy v inaccuracy.

He made throws at USC and last year that inaccurate guys can never make.

the important thing is ratio of int's to td's.  and then it can be further broken down to the situation when the int is thrown.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

You just refuse to let that die. It seems like every single time someone  mentions something positive you call out his interceptions. It's really really old.

First of all, I was jokingly replying to a friend. Second, he DID throw a lot of interceptions. Sorry, but he did.

You know what else is getting old? You acting like a little bitch, butt fumbling whoever doesn't meet you standards of Darnold adoration. Do me a favor Alice. Read what I said in this thread. Then read it again, because you're not the brightest bulb in the room. Then think about how dumb you sound.

I complimented Sam for greatly improving his play. Then I said I think he will be even better then the guy who finished so strongly last year. Both because of another year of experience and better coaching.

But none of that was good enough for your Darnold ball licking self. Your precious feelings got hurt over a joke between myself and @joenamathwouldn'tcry. Do me a favor. Either ignore my posts if they offend you so much, or just KMA, because it gets annoying dealing with cranky little girls like you.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

First of all, I was jokingly replying to a friend. Second, he DID throw a lot of interceptions. Sorry little girl, but he did.

You know what else is getting old? You acting like a little bitch, butt fumbling whoever doesn't meet you standards of Darnold adoration. Do me a favor little Alice. Read what I said in this thread. Then read it again, because you're not the brightest bulb in the room. Then think about how dumb you sound.

I complimented Sam for greatly improving his play. Then I said I think he will be even better then the guy who finished so strongly last year. Both because of another year of experience and better coaching.

But none of that was good enough for your Darnold ball licking self. Your precious feelings got hurt over a joke between myself and @joenamathwouldn'tcry. Do me a favor. Either ignore my posts if they offend you so much, or just KMA, because I hate dealing with cranky little girls.

Mark sanchez once threw 5 interceptions in one game. Ryan Fitzpatrick decided to out do that by throwing six. Brett Favre holds the NFL career interception record.

Joe Namath actually threw more interceptions than touchdowns. As a matter of fact, Peyton Manning I believe set the rookie record for interceptions in a season with something like 28 or 29?

So anyway calling Donald's 15 picks in his rookie season  "a lot" is a bit much.

Save the "little girl" or "ball licker sh*t". Its dumb, and I could kill you with my hands.

LOL!!

But seriously, it wouldn't be difficult....

• Post of the Week 1