Grandy

Our WR Coach With A Spot On Darnold Analysis

You don't  make it to the nfl unless  you have an arm, in the first place.  They all can throw. Won't  lead to a future conf.  championship  or SB. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for sam darnold t shirts

NICE SHIRT!!!!

You know how I love Jets tees....

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

NICE SHIRT!!!!

You know how I love Jets tees....

I hope the DARN doesn't offend you. :D

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Mark sanchez once threw 5 interceptions in one game. Ryan Fitzpatrick decided to out do that by throwing six. Brett Favre holds the NFL career interception record.

Joe Namath actually threw more interceptions than touchdowns. As a matter of fact, Peyton Manning I believe set the rookie record for interceptions in a season with something like 28 or 29?

So anyway calling Donald's 15 picks in his rookie season  "a lot" is a bit much.

Save the "little girl" or "ball licker sh*t". Its dumb, and I could kill you with my hands.

LOL!!

But seriously, it wouldn't be difficult....

Probably best we don’t kill one another. Ok? Thanks. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I was going for the angry tough guy thing. Didn't work, huh?

I saw the picture you posted last week, so I'm not going to say "Bring it".  Both you and @The Crusher look like the solution to our OL problems. So instead I'll just say "You'd have to catch me first..."

Didn't Peyton have 28 his rookie season?

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Live at Penn State and in preseason with the Jets.

He was inaccurate AND couldn't read defenses and was afraid of the rush so he would chuck balls up.

INTs are more a function of lack of anticipation and inability to read coverages.

Accurate guys still throw INTs, just not a lot of them because they limit the opportunity to pick balls off.

he needed time

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think it should be determined on a case by case basis, actually

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I think it should be determined on a case by case basis, actually

I say we let the Jets record decide. 

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I say we let the Jets record decide. 

I really like you.  

5 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Love it

I love it too....but grey isn’t one of my best colors....that’s why I dye my hair.  😂

Does it come in green with grey lettering? 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me and you? Ooh, that sounds like fun!!

J/K I'm out of practice, anyway. 

Surely the Mountain that Moderates understands the humorous intent...

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

Didn't Peyton have 28 his rookie season?

Yes he did. You're 100% correct. How many TDs did he have? Off the top of my head, I'll guess 29.

One last time. Darnold played really well in 3 games at the end of the year until the New England game. That was really impressive. It showed guts and talent to finish his year with 6 TDs and only 1 int. He ended the year with what? 16 and 15?

It also doesn't change the fact that before he sat out 3 games he had 10 TDs and 14 ints and after the Miami game he looked completely lost. There was a lot of talk on here about whether he would break Peyton's record and if was benched as much as injured. To his credit, he looked like a different player when he returned.

Why is it we can give him credit for turning it around when he returned in those 3 games, but we aren't allowed to bring up what it was he turned around from?

2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

You don't  make it to the nfl unless  you have an arm, in the first place.  They all can throw. Won't  lead to a future conf.  championship  or SB. 

The Giants just panicked and drafted a QB in the Top 10....who can’t throw deep.

Very rare for a QB who can’t do that making a deep playoff run.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes he did. You're 100% correct. How many TDs did he have? Off the top of my head, I'll guess 29.

One last time. Darnold played really well in 3 games at the end of the year until the New England game. That was really impressive. It showed guts and talent to finish his year with 6 TDs and only 1 int. He ended the year with what? 16 and 15?

It also doesn't change the fact that before he sat out 3 games he had 10 TDs and 14 ints and after the Miami game he looked completely lost. There was a lot of talk on here about whether he would break Peyton's record and if was benched as much as injured. To his credit, he looked like a different player when he returned.

Why is it we can give him credit for turning it around when he returned in those 3 games, but we aren't allowed to bring up what it was he turned around from?

Because if you watched closely it was evident that “the light went on” for Darnold.  He figured lots out about how to be a QB in the NFL during the time he got to just sit, slow down, and watch.

The most impressive thing is he made that leap with his receivers rarely getting any separation, NO running game, and “coaching”, well we’ve rehashed the “coaching” situation under Bowles on this forum way too much as it is.

There have been serious Upgrades made this offseason to areas that provided Darnold absolutely no help last season.....and that is good reason for any Jet fan to be very excited about the future.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Because if you watched closely it was evident that “the light went on” for Darnold.  He figured lots out about how to be a QB in the NFL during the time he got to just sit, slow down, and watch.

The most impressive thing is he made that leap with his receivers rarely getting any separation, NO running game, and “coaching”, well we’ve rehashed the “coaching” situation under Bowles on this forum way too much as it is.

There have been serious Upgrades made this offseason to areas that provided Darnold absolutely no help last season.....and that is good reason for any Jet fan to be very excited about the future.

Well said. There isn't a thing you said here I don't want to agree with.

You've consistently been as optimistic about Darnold as I've been cautious. Trust me, I hope you're right.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

This thread has taught me that there’s no such thing as a Jets t-shirt I can wear around smart people without looking like a dummy.

35 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The Giants just panicked and drafted a QB in the Top 10....who can’t throw deep.

Why does this make 14IG sad?? He no like truths?

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Well said. There isn't a thing you said here I don't want to agree with.

You've consistently been as optimistic about Darnold as I've been cautious. Trust me, I hope you're right.

Cautious???

LOL. Please. 

You're like a Southern Baptist vs. Science.  

I told ya'll not to build that Hay-dron Cly-der!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cautious???

LOL. Please. 

You're like a Southern Baptist vs. Science.  

I told ya'll not to build that Hay-dron Cly-der!

LMAO

As funny as that is, I swear I wanted to reply to his other post about the Giants drafting a QB who couldn't throw deep. I was going to comment on how great the kid was looking and the reports how good his arm looked.

Then I thought of you and the "vagiants fan" thing....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't know, I think in most sports it's ok to look at a rookie season and overall have a glass is half full attitude if it was generally average, maybe even mediocre, but finished on the upswing. JMO. 

Now if we're talking year 3 or something, sure. I think in Sam's case it's ok to be optimistic, even if cautiously. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If JetNation were a IRL chat room:

run the jewels fighting GIF by DJ Shadow

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No it isn't.  That's' what the West coast offense is for. I don't' know what you consider  deep or not but it doesn't  matter. No QB makes the pros unless he can throw in the first  place. You actually  have no idea what the NY guy can do. Panicked? People with billions  have never panicked one time in their lives. They know exactly  what they are doing well in advance. Poor people panick

I personally don't think Darnold ever looked "lost".  He had a bunch of "bad" interceptions, i.e. didn't see a defender, misread the defense, threw it right to the other team.  Like his very first pass.  These are often called "rookie" interceptions for a reason.

I think he was on a pretty clear upward arc however.  He seemed to learn from his mistakes.  A very different feel from Mark Sanchez - who just would always make the occasional horrible decision.

And he also made a ton of terrific throws.

Especially given his (relative) lack of QB experience (even compared to other rookies), I think there's no question he'll be improving.  My only question is - how much will he improve.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

No QB makes the pros unless he can throw in the first  place

I really can't figure you out.  With your username - you can't be serious, can you?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I really can't figure you out.  With your username - you can't be serious, can you?

do you understand sarcasm and a sense of humor in general? simple assimilation. I'm a Penn State fan and he was a Jet. Pretty simple.

i'm unique and irreverent.. or I could be like 30 other guys here with some variation of the Name Joe in it lol

• Like 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

do you understand sarcasm and a sense of humor in general? simple assimilation. I'm a Penn State fan and he was a Jet. Pretty simple.

i'm unique and irreverent.. or I could be like 30 other guys here with some variation of the Name Joe in it lol

Why did you stick around then? I don’t understand.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

It’s on. It’s so on. 

SAR I

Nice montage. Is this from your Pinterest, or scrapbooking collection?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Actually probably need two arms to make it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why did you stick around then? I don’t understand.

Trolling doesnt require a home team lineage 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Trolling doesnt require a home team lineage 

...seriously going to play the jealous girlfriend role on a football message board because his college team’s QB wasn't good enough to start for us and the next QB we took was.

”she will never be as pretty as me and it’s the Jets fault they didn’t notice!”

weird flex but ok.

Someone needs to get Jefferson a new shirt and cap.  The ones hes wearing with the old logos are so, yesterday.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Actually probably need two arms to make it. 

Shaquem Griffin says hi.