FYI: Jets reportedly hiring Champ Kelly as Asst GM

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What the hell is happening here?

I wanted Darnold but thought we had no chance until I heard...WITH THE 1st PICK IN THE 2018 NFL DRAFT THE CLEVELAND BROWNS SELECT BAKER MAYFIELD.

I wanted Todd Bowles fired since that cold day in Buffalo when he started Stephan Ridley. 

Then I was all in on Bell despite the many naysayers here dousing hopes & dreams. 

I wanted Adam Gase & not McCarthy. 

Than CJ does the unexpected & he fires Macc.

I posted that I wanted both Douglas & Kelly. 

We get Douglas & now word is we will ALSO bring in Kelly. 

Its like the twilight zone around here. Rod Serling could step out from behind the goalposts & introduce these events. Was it the 50 year Super Bowl guarantee jinx? AMAZING! 

B564DABD-FA9A-45B8-8030-A0BEBD4954ED.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

agree.  but thinking about it from his POV:  isn't this kind of....odd?  you interview for a job, lose, then take an assistant job to the guy who won?

hey - I'm all for it, but just odd.

1) $$$

2) it’s still a step up the ladder. and could be pre-cursor to GM job  elsewhere in future

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I wanted Darnold but thought we had no chance until I heard...WITH THE 1st PICK IN THE 2018 NFL DRAFT THE CLEVELAND BROWNS SELECT BAKER MAYFIELD.

I wanted Todd Bowles fired since that cold day in Buffalo when he started Stephan Ridley. 

Then I was all in on Bell despite the many naysayers here dousing hopes & dreams. 

Its like the twilight zone around here. Rod Serling could step out from behind the goalposts & introduce these events. Was it the 50 year Super Bowl guarantee jinx? AMAZING! 

omg

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m also out to dinner with, uh, my hot, uh, girlfriend and, uh, as such I have no time to continue this discussion because of all the food and sex I’m, uh, having here. Yeah. So, catch you later. Happy birthday to the s/o.

Woke up this morning and couldn't help but notice that Mangini is still unemployed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, slats said:

I’m out to dinner with my girlfriend for her birthday you tranny-chaser. I’m done for, at least, a while. Mangini sucks, though, that’s why he can’t get work. Nobody but you, who has never met him, likes him. 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m also out to dinner with, uh, my hot, uh, girlfriend and, uh, as such I have no time to continue this discussion because of all the food and sex I’m, uh, having here. Yeah. So, catch you later. Happy birthday to the s/o.

22 minutes ago, slats said:

Woke up this morning and couldn't help but notice that Mangini is still unemployed. 

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Apparently Tom likes chicks with dick so we got that out of the way. 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lord have mercy.

Mercy...pls?

I would like to thank this exchange for putting a way too vivid image in my head of Eric Mangini being employed as @T0mShane's girfriend Mercy.  Not the best way to start your Friday. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Here is what Parcells Hate really is....

You meet a girl, who is the hottest, prettiest girl you have ever or WILL ever date in your life. The problem is, you're 23 years old, have a crap job, no money, and still haven't figured out what you're gonna do with your life. But for some reason, she actually sticks around, and even moves in with you for a while.... and its AWESOME! For a while....

But you're just happy with the status quo, and keep plugging away at some dead end job, but don't care, because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

But she gets bored. And disappointment looms for her, because she's got her sh*t together, could hook up with anyone, and has a Masters Degree in Molecular Biology....and you're a damn bartender. So, she decides to move on. 

And you HATE her. Forever. Because she didn't stick around. So you'll show HER!! You get ambitious, get a great job, make something of yourself, and eventually, meet the girl who loves you for YOU that you'll spend the rest of your life with....but you will ALWAYS hate that smokin' hot bitch because she ******* left before you had the chance to get hired by the.....

Well. You know what I mean.

So yeah. **** Parcells. Right?

Literally the only thing accurate in that comparison is that your smoking hot marine biologist and that fat ******* carpetbagger are both a legitimate c-cup.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I would like to thank this exchange for putting a way too vivid image in my head of Eric Mangini being employed as @T0mShane's girfriend Mercy.  Not the best way to start your Friday. 

Every time I see Mangini in a suit, he looks like a guy who has recently lost 350 lbs.  Cannot figure why?

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

I agree with most of what you say and it all started with Darnold falling to us.  The only part of the above that I am leery of is Gase.  We will find out very shortly if he was a good hire or not.  As in half a season.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Can you start wanting me to win the lotto? Thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Once Todd McShay announced he was "withdrawing from consideration", that was confirmation someone else was hired - whether it was Kelly, as expected, we'll have to wait and see

I was hoping it was Andy Weidl & Ian Cunningham.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with most of what you say and it all started with Darnold falling to us.  The only part of the above that I am leery of is Gase.  We will find out very shortly if he was a good hire or not.  As in half a season.

Half a season as in Rex was the White House bound new age Vince Lombardi around here after half a season ?

23 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Half a season as in Rex was the White House bound new age Vince Lombardi around here after half a season ?

And rex had two highly successful seasons and good defenses.

Gase is supposed to be a great offensive guru and is doing things 100% his way.  He has had 3 years of HC experience in the division.  I see no nice long term ascent of this coaching regime.  The Jets will have a very good improvement right away or this will be a grand flame out if things go wrong.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tannenbaum was an accountant and he knew it, which is why he delegated the draft and free agency. Does anyone think Mangini would ever sign Plaxico Burress or draft Quinton Coples? Likewise, does anyone think Rex is banging the table for Eric Smith or Kellen Clemens? 

You'd have to be crazy not to see the disparity between the "Tannenbaum" drafts under Mangini and Rex.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

"Pride only hurts it never helps" - Marsellus Wallace

increased salary and responsibilities and the order of interviews will not matter,  just have to fight through that stuff, when you're retired and kickin' it in the Caribbean you're gonna say, "Marsellus Wallace was right."

Marsellus Wallace is a b*tch