Jets sign CB Mark Myers

“Myers originally signed with the Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent in 2018. A Southeastern University product, the 5’10”, 185-pounder was a four-year starter for the Fire and totaled 91 tackles, 25 passes defenses and nine interceptions in 33 games.“

Jets sign CB Mark Myers

Another day, another roster move for the Jets

5:33PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
cut.jpg  

Joe Douglas made another change to the Jets' roster on Thursday, adding CB Mark Myers.

Myers, a Southeastern University product, signed with the Buccaneers last May after impressing during rookie camp as a tryout player. Myers stuck around with the Bucs during the preseason, but was later released when the roster was trimmed to 53 players. 

Listed at 5-foot-10, 185 pounds, Myers started for four years at Southeastern, whose NAIA football program started from scratch in 2014.

To make room for Myers, the Jets released S John Battle, a member of the team's 2019 undrafted rookie class.

I don't know if this guy or Meander is gonna work out, but I like the fact that Douglas comes in immediately understanding where the Jets actual biggest weakness lies. You Church of the OL guys probably won't see many moves until the mini-draft. But they'll come. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't know if this guy or Meander is gonna work out, but I like the fact that Douglas comes in immediately understanding where the Jets actual biggest weakness lies. You Church of the OL guys probably won't see many moves until the mini-draft. But they'll come. 

Agreed.  Says something about what he thinks of the state of the CB depth chart.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I think it's going to surprise everybody when it's at tackle instead of center, too