The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Who cares if anyone agrees with me? That means I'm wrong because I'm strong enough not to need help in these debates?  All you do is attack me rather than my arguments.

Compiled numbers mean something but league MVPs, all pros, leading the league in major categories, etc... don't mean anything ??

You are right, you can't make this sh*t up.

At no point in his career was Eli Manning ever a top QB in this league but we are supposed to believe he's one of the best of all time. ??

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Yep, he elevated his teams play by having his D hold Tom Brady and that offense to 14 & 17 points while Eli led his Os to 17 & 19 to win.

Flacco's magical run was led by him and the offense while Eli's 2 runs were led by his D.  They won a game in the playoffs on the road when the opponent scored 35, that won a SB when the opponent scored 31.  Eli has never won a playoff game when the opponent has scored more than 20 points.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, nyjunc said:

He threw it up for grabs, it was a desperation play.  It worked, credit to him for escaping the tackle and getting the ball up but it was a very lucky play just as the game ending int that Samuel dropped was very lucky.

Eli as a starting QB is just 2 games under .500, he's only been to the playoffs 6 times in 15 years and has gone one and done 4 of those 6 appearances.

You need good D to win, Eli needed spectacular D to win.  He's never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20 points.  He's the only multiple SB winning QB that hasn't led his O to at least 20 points in a SB, he's one of only 2 SB winning QBs that didn't lead his O to more than 20 in regulation in both conf championship game and SB(in games they started and finished) and he did this TWICE! The only other QB to do this was backup Jeff Hostetler in 1990 and in the SB he and his O won that game by holding the ball for 40+ minutes keeping the high powered Bills O off the field.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:00 AM, nyjunc said:

Top 10 numbers because he's top 10 in attempts.  He's a compiler who has done most of his compiling in meaningless games.  He has earned only 2 pro bowls, never been on any all pro team, never led any major category other than INTs which he has done 3 times, he's led the Giants to missing the playoffs 8 of the last 10 seasons and by the end of this season he will be under .500 as a starting QB.

I think Rivers is also overrated but he's been to 8 pro bowls, been on 2 all pro teams, led the league in completions, comp %, yards, TDs and rating and is 28 games over .500 for his career compared to 2 for Eli.

It's not worth discussing Ben, he's so much better than Eli it's silly to discuss.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, nyjunc said:

He does not have top stats, he has good compiled numbers.  What do you not understand about not leading any major category other than INTs (THREE times), only earning 2 pro bowls, never making ANY all pro team.  That is where greatness stands out not because you led your O to 17 & 19 points to win 2 super bowls.

Don't the browns have a higher capacity sold than the Giants?  I couldn't care less about this browns- Giants thing by the way.  Both have good fanbases

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

It must feel great to be a part of a group/family where everyone thinks you're an annoying irrelevant tool.

I can't imagine hanging out somewhere that people thought I was a dick.  

You put this on a tee for me, but I’m biting my lip... really hard right now!

?

just kidding....

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Who cares if anyone agrees with me? That means I'm wrong because I'm strong enough not to need help in these debates?  All you do is attack me rather than my arguments.

Because when everyone disagrees with you, its because youre usually wrong.  Not the ridiculous idea that youre strong enough to say nonsense like Eli isnt going into the HOF or that he had little to do with the Giants winning two SBs.  

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

It must feel great to be a part of a group/family where everyone thinks you're an annoying irrelevant tool.

I can't imagine hanging out somewhere that people thought I was a dick.  

I can't imagine being so needy that you need the approval of strangers on the internet.  I get love in real life, I don't need people I don't know to love me and I don't need to join forces with people.  You can throw 5/10/15/200 posters at me.  I'll still go back and present an intelligent counter to whatever they wrote while people like you will just attack others because you don't have the intelligence to counter them.

What you wrote says more about you than it does about me.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because when everyone disagrees with you, its because youre usually wrong.  Not the ridiculous idea that youre strong enough to say nonsense like Eli isnt going into the HOF or that he had little to do with the Giants winning two SBs.  

There are plenty of "experts" that say Eli is not a HOFer or that he still has a lot of work to do.  Does that matter? I have my educated opinion, you can attack me all you want but at some please post an argument why Eli Manning is one of the greatest QBs of all time.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I want to address that point.

SB XLII:

Giants Passing
  C/ATT1 Yds TD INT Rating
Eli Manning 19/34 255 2 1 87.3

SB XLVI:

Giants Passing
  C/ATT1 Yds TD INT Rating
Eli Manning 30/40 296 1 0 103.8

Neither game feels like an MVP performance but they had to give it to him because nobody else on the offense stood out.  The first game, he was actually pretty terrible except for the lucky Tyree catch.  Eli might just be the luckiest NFL player ever.  He bullied his way on to the Giants and stumbled his way into the HoF.  He had a few very good years, but all those years of saying 'Brady, Brees and Manning', it was never about Eli.  When Peyton declined, Aaron Rodgers stepped up.  Eli was always on the outside, looking in for top-3, usually top-5 QBs in the league.  That's not HoF to me.

Those numbers sure look good to be in a SB where your team won.

Youre, in theory, playing the other best team in the league and what are we expecting, 400 yards, 104 QBR?

I mean come on, luck?  Why are good players always the lucky ones?  Dont see a lot of mediocre or crappy players lucking into SB MVPs

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Those numbers sure look good to be in a SB where your team won.

Youre, in theory, playing the other best team in the league and what are we expecting, 400 yards, 104 QBR?

I mean come on, luck?  Why are good players always the lucky ones?  Dont see a lot of mediocre or crappy players lucking into SB MVPs

QBs win SB MVPs by default, you have to have something spectacular happen if you play another position.  The Giants D destroyed the Pats in SB 42, no one player stood out.  It was an incredible team effort so none of them were winning MVP.  I would have given it to Tyree for the helmet catch and he also caught a TD.

In 46, Justin tuck was the Star including scoring 2 points on a safety.  He deserved the MVP and it wasn't close.

I don't care about individual numbers but the man faced 2 great offenses and won 2 SBs without having to lead his O to 20 points.

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s funny that an adult thinks/needs/demands that he’s won an argument. On the internet. With strangers.

That sad pathetic sort of funny. 

He'll tell you he won the argument because in is mind, and his only, his pointless, useless stats that have nothing to do with the argument make him right.

Even worse, try this.  I've told him often, youre not going to change my mind, youre stat spinning doesnt change anything and he'll keep going and going and going as if wearing you into submission is cause for celebration.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

QBs win SB MVPs by default, you have to have something spectacular happen if you play another position.  The Giants D destroyed the Pats in SB 42, no one player stood out.  It was an incredible team effort so none of them were winning MVP.  I would have given it to Tyree for the helmet catch and he also caught a TD.

In 46, Justin tuck was the Star including scoring 2 points on a safety.  He deserved the MVP and it wasn't close.

I don't care about individual numbers but the man faced 2 great offenses and won 2 SBs without having to lead his O to 20 points.

Here we go again.

Youre right, Eli never won those MVPs and didnt deserve them.

Now if only he was a pro bowler a fw more times....LOL

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Here we go again.

Youre right, Eli never won those MVPs and didnt deserve them.

Now if only he was a pro bowler a fw more times....LOL

He won them because he was the QB of the SB winning team, he didn't earn them.  

He earned just 2 pro bowls, if that doesn't say Hall of famer I don't know what does

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They would have with the Giants, they also would have won more than 10 & 9 games.

And this is as convoluted as it gets.

You have no idea that they would have won a single SB with the Giants have no way of proving it.  Or that they would have won even the same number of games as the Giants.  Pure fantasy that you throw out there as if fact.

You went on and on and on in the past how Rivers wasnt good and wasnt as good as your mancrush, Sanchez.  You thought Taco was the better QB.  Now hes a SB QB, OK

And really, wheres the logic?  You put those same 4 players on the Giants and they'll win because they couldnt with some very good SD teams?  LOL, youre a friggen savant 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

ANd this is as convoluted as it gets.

You have no idea that they would have won a single SB with the Giants have no way of proving it.

And really, wheres the logic?  You put those same 4 players on the Giants and they'll win because they couldnt with some very good SD teams?  LOL, youre a friggen savant 

The Giants didn't make or win either SB because of their QB.  As long as they still had all those great pass rushers they would have won with any QB.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

He won them because he was the QB of the SB winning team, he didn't earn them.  

He earned just 2 pro bowls, if that doesn't say Hall of famer I don't know what does

None of these things has a thing to do with being a HOF player.

Especially pro bowls, thats lunacy. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

None of these things has a thing to do with being a HOF player.

Especially pro bowls, thats lunacy. 

Pro bowls can be a joke but great players make it on reputation and Eli has only earned 2 trips.

The real honor is all pro, Eli has ZERO all pro selections.  He never even made one of the unofficial all pro teams.  Would be the first QB in the Hall without a single All Pro selection but he's a lock for the hall ?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We all do.

Its actually pretty easy to figure you out.

All because you can't defeat me in a debate.  I feel bad for you.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Pro bowls can be a joke but great players make it on reputation and Eli has only earned 2 trips.

The real honor is all pro, Eli has ZERO all pro selections.  He never even made one of the unofficial all pro teams.  Would be the first QB in the Hall without a single All Pro selection but he's a lock for the hall ?

All because you can't defeat me in a debate.  I feel bad for you.

Youre unbeatable.  We all know this.  Its fact.  Youre a monster.  Someone to be in awe of.

No matter who proves youre wrong, no matter how clearly its done you'll come back with "Bart Starr did X in 19XX" so there type post.

It never ends with you.  In fact its 7 straight posts from you to me trying to convince me of something that I as well as 99% of the board wont ever agree with you on

BTW, dont ever feel bad for me jerky 

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

There are plenty of "experts" that say Eli is not a HOFer or that he still has a lot of work to do.  Does that matter? I have my educated opinion, you can attack me all you want but at some please post an argument why Eli Manning is one of the greatest QBs of all time.

There have been 53 Super Bowls and Eli was the MVP of two of them. In one, his wild card team beat the then 18-0 Tom Brady Patriots. However aggressively you want to rationalize against whether or not he was worthy, you can't take that away from him. Without the Super Bowls, he's not HoF worthy. I agree with you about most of his rather middling career. But he has those Super Bowls. Quick glance at the list of Super Bowl MVPs, and I only count four other players who have won two or more. He's going into the Hall, despite your kicking and screaming. 

1 minute ago, JuncSanchize said:

I'm surprised those pro bowls were "earned" according to Junc

If he made more pro bowls you know the genius would claim that pro bowls are popularity contests, which they often are, or that he made them because of his last name.  

Then he'll claim victory and jump around in his mothers basement fist pumping no one 

BTW, love the name, so relevant.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

There have been 53 Super Bowls and Eli was the MVP of two of them. In one, his wild card team beat the then 18-0 Tom Brady Patriots. However aggressively you want to rationalize against whether or not he was worthy, you can't take that away from him. Without the Super Bowls, he's not HoF worthy. I agree with you about most of his rather middling career. But he has those Super Bowls. Quick glance at the list of Super Bowl MVPs, and I only count four other players who have won two or more. He's going into the Hall, despite your kicking and screaming. 

So 60,000 or so yards, 400 TDs and longevity, top 10 in every relevant QB ranking, arent HOF numbers? 

I agree, his career seems more ordinary until you not only look at his numbers but those two SB rings