The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

16 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

In 100 years they've won 8 and been to 19. Making them 3rd, behind green bay and Chicago,Bears won 9.

But it is new york that Gave Lombardi  to green bay. Lol in essence,  he's  the Belichick of the 50s, 60s = all things flow through New York. New York is the league god, who blesses other teams to succeed lol 

being in that many championships means no one else is. Being in 19  means being in more than one  a decade ,in 100 years. And as I said. They spawned Lombardi and Landry. And in Super Bowl era they average a SB appearance every 10 years and have won 4. 

They aren't the Yankees  of football. They are the "Giants" of football. 

Hell, New York spawned California. SF Giants,LA Dodgers, LA Clippers (Buffalo Braves)

They have won 7 championship games (pre SB era)/super bowls- they didn't play a championship game for their first "championship". They are also one of the oldest franchises. Only the Cardinals, bears and Packers have been in continuous operation as long as NYG and the Giants come in 3rd of those 4 teams with total championships.

Because Landry and Lombardi were all time greats and had more success outside of NY doesn't mean anything.

This franchise went 18 years between playoff appearances from the miss 70s to early 80s.  They have won a playoff game in exactly 3 postseasons since 1995.  They are not greatness, they were a good franchise.

14 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

One sentence defeats all your bullsh*t. Parcells never won a thing without BB. Nothing. Nada. He even beat Parcells with the friggin Browns in the playoffs. I enjoy slapping you around.

Parcells took over the worst franchises in the sport and turned them around, he beat NE at home in the 1994 WC game facing a second year Drew Bledsoe, a team that won a total of NINE games the 3 years before Parcells got there.  The fact that they were in the playoffs (with Bledsoe no less) was a miracle.

Bill Parcells with Drew Bledsoe: 32-27, 2 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins, 1 division title, 1 SB appearance.

BB with Bledsoe: 5-13

It's sad you don't realize who is being slapped around

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

We'll see, I have hope knowledgeable football people will be voting and they will look at more than just compiled garbage time numbers.

LOL.

You cant help yourself

Why is everyone feeding the troll, he lives for this.  Arguing with everyone who knows better and then claiming victory of you mere mortals. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL.

You cant help yourself

Why is everyone feeding the troll, he lives for this.  Arguing with everyone who knows better and then claiming victory of you mere mortals. 

Once again you go after me rather than discuss the topic.  I wonder why that is?

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Here are differences btw him and namath. 

Namath was a superstar, Eli is not.  

Namath was great for a few years, Eli was never great

Namath QBd the most significant game in pro football history, Eli did not

Namath helped make pro football our real national past time, Eli did not.

Namath meant so much to the growth of this game, he belongs in as much for that as he does this actual play.  Eli doesn't have that to fall back on

You don't have to defend Namath to me, I agree. But it is odd to me that someone who uses stats to point to Eli's lack of greatness, believes that Namath belongs in the Hall.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You don't have to defend Namath to me, I agree. But it is odd to me that someone who uses stats to point to Eli's lack of greatness, believes that Namath belongs in the Hall.

If I just used stats I'd say Joe shouldn't be in and Eli should be.  Eli has good compiled, career numbers but it's about much more than that.

Eli has never led any major category other than INTs (3 times), he's never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20, he only has playoff wins in just 2 postseasons, he never made ANY all pro team, he never received a single league MVP vote, he's the only QB in league history to not lead his O to more than 20 points in a conf title game and SB and he did this TWICE.

While Joe's career numbers are not impressive he was great for a brief period.  He led in completions twice, yards three times, TDs once.  He was a two time player of the year, he was on all 60s team, he was selected to all pro teams in 5 seasons and again I think he's in the Hall as much for what he meant to the game as his play.  Without that he doesn't get in, Eli doesn't have that impact on the game and he was never great.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because youre a little sensitive poster who thinks everyone is going after you

I can handle anything that anyone throws at me.  The point of bringing up your childish behavior is not to whine about but point it out to show why you are doing it.  You are doing it because you cannot counter what I write.  Keep insulting me, I'll just attack the arguments.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I can handle anything that anyone throws at me.  The point of bringing up your childish behavior is not to whine about but point it out to show why you are doing it.  You are doing it because you cannot counter what I write.  Keep insulting me, I'll just attack the arguments.

Im childish.

If I call you a baby you cry that youre being attacked. 

Heres the truth, you ignore peoples points completely or spin off into a side story instead of disputing it.

The argument that doesnt take more than two posts goes on to 50+ posts.  Eli is going into the HOF.  Guaranteed, not disputing it, no amoung of nonsense about another QB that you want to sell as being similar to Eli changes it. 

Thats the fact, thats the argument, thats the point and as much as you think youve defeated that line, hes a HOF QB, will go in not long after retiring and you can argue all you want but its happening.  Dont need facts and reasons, his career says hes going in.  That you actually think hes Plunkett and think anyone anywhere believes hes Plunkett isnt keeping him out of the HOF.  

Thats it.  Dont come back with more, if you do I probably will insult and attack you, for being an annoying troll

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im childish.

If I call you a baby you cry that youre being attacked. 

Heres the truth, you ignore peoples points completely or spin off into a side story instead of disputing it.

The argument that doesnt take more than two posts goes on to 50+ posts.  Eli is going into the HOF.  Guaranteed, not disputing it, no amoung of nonsense about another QB that you want to sell as being similar to Eli changes it. 

Thats the fact, thats the argument, thats the point and as much as you think youve defeated that line, hes a HOF QB, will go in not long after retiring and you can argue all you want but its happening.  Dont need facts and reasons, his career says hes going in.  That you actually think hes Plunkett and think anyone anywhere believes hes Plunkett isnt keeping him out of the HOF.  

Thats it.  Dont come back with more, if you do I probably will insult and attack you, for being an annoying troll

???? You really present a persuasive argument.  "Eli is going into the HOF. Guaranteed"????

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

???? You really present a persuasive argument.  "Eli is going into the HOF. Guaranteed"????

Destroying again.

Those crying, laughing emojis do it for me.

8 of them, how did you restrain yourself from using the every popular 10?

Guaranteed.  Bet on it.  He get in, no question, no doubt, all day, every day prediction.  Done, you have nothing.  Other than to call him a compiler and tell us that fans hated him before his absolutely lucky playoff run.  Want to know when youve reached total desperation?  When you call SB's, playoff runs, games and individual plays luck.  When someones whole career is luck.

Thats what you do.  Thats your argument. Thats your reason for living.  Tell everyone that HOF players, pro bowl players, iconic wins, iconic plays arent what everyone says they are.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Destroying again.

Those crying, laughing emojis do it for me.

8 of them, how did you restrain yourself from using the every popular 10?

Guaranteed.  Bet on it.  He get in, no question, no doubt, all day, every day prediction.  Done, you have nothing.  Other than to call him a compiler and tell us that fans hated him before his absolutely lucky playoff run.  Want to know when youve reached total desperation?  When you call SB's, playoff runs, games and individual plays luck.  When someones whole career is luck.

Thats what you do.  Thats your argument. Thats your reason for living.  Tell everyone that HOF players, pro bowl players, iconic wins, iconic plays arent what everyone says they are.  

??????????

There are very few more iconic plays in SB history than Jim plunkett to Kenny King, Jim has to SBs and did more to help his team win them.  Jim isn't in the Hall of Fame.

When you never lead in any positive major category, are rarely top 5 yet your career numbers are approaching top 5 then yes you are a compiler.  I'm glad his numbers in garbage time impress you but greatness is about consistently being great.  Not great for a qtr or a game here and there, consistent greatness.  Eli's not great, he never has been, the Hall is for the all time greatest.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Seriously considering locking this thread out of both boredom and exhaustion. 

Doesnt seem necessary considering it's one person that consistently derails threads with some of the most moronic garbage ever created over and over again while completely and utterly wrong at every step of the way.  But hey, you do you.

I was actually coming into to see if anyone commented on how Baker called all his WR's lazy trash 3 days into camp. 

• Upvote 1

Re-iterating what Slats said.  Argue the merits without the nonsense.  It's a reasonable debate but if only two people are having it and spending more time insulting each other than debating, then this has run it's course.  Last chance.

To try and get this back on track, I'll put in my two cents.

Joe Namath could be considered the Dr. J of the AFL.  He was the dominant passer in the mid 60s.  He was the first with 4,000 yards (14 games) when the #2 guy had 3,300.  Granted his completion % and TD/INT ratios were awful by today's standards but perfectly fine in that context.  Dr. J made the NBA HoF because of his utter dominance in the ABA to recognize those contributions.  I'd say Namath made it for the combination of both his AFL performance as well as the Super Bowl win (and maybe the L'eggs commercial).  

Eli may or may not make the HoF but it should not be a lock either way.  He's the kind of guy that should be debated because it helps define what the HoF means.  Eli vs. Rivers is a very valid debate.  If Rivers manages to pull out a SB victory this season (not out of the realm of possibility) I think he'd leap Eli for sure.  But context is everything.  If Eli is up for vote the same year as Brady and Brees (and/or maybe Ben), he's going to have a very tough time and may have to wait.  There are a few other guys who could retire in the next few years that should be in the HoF ahead of Eli as well.  Larry Fitzgerald and Julius Peppers come to mind.  I think he'll probably get in.  Not sure I agree fully but I can see both sides.  But he may not be a 1st year shoe-in depending on who else is on the list.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Re-iterating what Slats said.  Argue the merits without the nonsense.  It's a reasonable debate but if only two people are having it and spending more time insulting each other than debating, then this has run it's course.  Last chance.

To try and get this back on track, I'll put in my two cents.

Joe Namath could be considered the Dr. J of the AFL.  He was the dominant passer in the mid 60s.  He was the first with 4,000 yards (14 games) when the #2 guy had 3,300.  Granted his completion % and TD/INT ratios were awful by today's standards but perfectly fine in that context.  Dr. J made the NBA HoF because of his utter dominance in the ABA to recognize those contributions.  I'd say Namath made it for the combination of both his AFL performance as well as the Super Bowl win (and maybe the L'eggs commercial).  

Eli may or may not make the HoF but it should not be a lock either way.  He's the kind of guy that should be debated because it helps define what the HoF means.  Eli vs. Rivers is a very valid debate.  If Rivers manages to pull out a SB victory this season (not out of the realm of possibility) I think he'd leap Eli for sure.  But context is everything.  If Eli is up for vote the same year as Brady and Brees (and/or maybe Ben), he's going to have a very tough time and may have to wait.  There are a few other guys who could retire in the next few years that should be in the HoF ahead of Eli as well.  Larry Fitzgerald and Julius Peppers come to mind.  I think he'll probably get in.  Not sure I agree fully but I can see both sides.  But he may not be a 1st year shoe-in depending on who else is on the list.

Hall of Fame rules stipulate between 4-8 get in every year so he’s not going to get blocked for too many years. 

Don’t think anyone is saying he’s first ballot (unless there is a very small class) or he’s one of the elite QBs of all time but everyone knows Eli Manning is going into the Hall of Fame and no amount of spinning is going to change that.

The pathetic thing is, someone keeps repeating “I hope intelligent people are voting” when ironically he’s not very intelligent and is basing his drivel on hate more than rationale. The Hall of Fame selection is pretty detailed with 3  vettings before the actual vote. When he gets in he’ll have earned it by respected football people and current Hall of Famers. Yeah, those guys don’t know football but some dude in his parent’s basement does.

And this has nothing to do with Baker Mayfield. 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

If I just used stats I'd say Joe shouldn't be in and Eli should be.  Eli has good compiled, career numbers but it's about much more than that.

Eli has never led any major category other than INTs (3 times), he's never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20, he only has playoff wins in just 2 postseasons, he never made ANY all pro team, he never received a single league MVP vote, he's the only QB in league history to not lead his O to more than 20 points in a conf title game and SB and he did this TWICE.

While Joe's career numbers are not impressive he was great for a brief period.  He led in completions twice, yards three times, TDs once.  He was a two time player of the year, he was on all 60s team, he was selected to all pro teams in 5 seasons and again I think he's in the Hall as much for what he meant to the game as his play.  Without that he doesn't get in, Eli doesn't have that impact on the game and he was never great.

Thanks for hashing your position out. I think we may actually be closer to agreeing than I thought. Definitely agree that without those SBs (or maybe even without either one of them), he wouldn't get in. Of course, I think he will get in. Whether he deserves to or not will likely be a debate that is never resolved. :) 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thanks for hashing your position out. I think we may actually be closer to agreeing than I thought. Definitely agree that with those SBs (or maybe even without either one of them), he wouldn't get in. Of course, I think he will get in. Whether he deserves to or not will likely be a debate that is never resolved. :) 

You’re behaving way too maturely for this conversation. I think we are supposed to attack @nyjunc with personal insults because he has a opposing view then most of the others.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They have won 7 championship games (pre SB era)/super bowls- they didn't play a championship game for their first "championship". They are also one of the oldest franchises. Only the Cardinals, bears and Packers have been in continuous operation as long as NYG and the Giants come in 3rd of those 4 teams with total championships.

Because Landry and Lombardi were all time greats and had more success outside of NY doesn't mean anything.

This franchise went 18 years between playoff appearances from the miss 70s to early 80s.  They have won a playoff game in exactly 3 postseasons since 1995.  They are not greatness, they were a good franchise.

Lol they have won 8 championships in their  history. Not playing a game for the first one is irrelevant. 

They have been to playoffs  every 2.7 years in their history. Youre trying to hard to knock  their success with silly excuses. Going to playoffs ,win or lose, means you take the playoffs spot and all other teams do not get the accolade or the profit. 

Yes, yes, it does matter that Lombardi, Landry, Belichick, came from there. It shows a ritualistic  pattern that the league follows. To ignore something  so suspicious  is ridiculous. 

Until the Jets hire someone from the NY Giants, SF, or possibly Denver coaching tree, they'll continue to flounder.

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol they have won 8 championships in their  history. Not playing a game for the first one is irrelevant. 

They have been to playoffs  every 2.7 years in their history. Youre trying to hard to knock  their success with silly excuses. Going to playoffs ,win or lose, means you take the playoffs spot and all other teams do not get the accolade or the profit. 

Yes, yes, it does matter that Lombardi, Landry, Belichick, came from there. It shows a ritualistic  pattern that the league follows. To ignore something  so suspicious  is ridiculous. 

Until the Jets hire someone from the NY Giants, SF, or possibly Denver coaching tree, they'll continue to flounder.

I'll bite. 

What have any of these teams done recently with their coaching decisions that says we should even be remotely interested in doing this, should Gase not work out?  Kyle Shanny is the only one I could see a case for and he has yet to prove himself as a HC.  Fangio is a rookie, Vance Joesph was an absolute disaster of a choice by Elway, and no one is barking at the door for Pat Shurmer disciples right now.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'll bite. 

What have any of these teams done recently with their coaching decisions that says we should even be remotely interested in doing this, should Gase not work out?  Kyle Shanny is the only one I could see a case for and he has yet to prove himself as a HC.  Fangio is a rookie, Vance Joesph was an absolute disaster of a choice by Elway, and no one is barking at the door for Pat Shurmer disciples right now.

The Jets are a lost cause until they hire Mike Singletary as head coach

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'll bite. 

:( So, so short sited. 

It's the typical script that success breeds success. The Jets never higher high profile winners, in or near their prime.

Parcells (Giants) got to the 1998 afc championship at least, for the jets.

Gase ain't getting this team no where

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I was thinking the same thing, how did this sneak by.

I wanted to see someone rip him for it and then read how @Villain The Foe defends Baker.  

What happened? Did  @nyjunc stop giving you that attention you seek so badly so you've decided to tag me regarding irrelevant stories? 

What's so hilarious about this is that I didnt even know about Baker Mayfield ripping the receivers. But what I do know, given the constant confirmation, is that you guys are more interested in Baker than I am. 

I'd rather go the nyjunc route and simply give you 10 of these:

??????????

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Doesnt seem necessary considering it's one person that consistently derails threads with some of the most moronic garbage ever created over and over again while completely and utterly wrong at every step of the way.  But hey, you do you.

I was actually coming into to see if anyone commented on how Baker called all his WR's lazy trash 3 days into camp. 

It’s amazing that the child is so delusional yet so compelled to spew his idiocy in thread after thread even after he’s been educated and proven wrong, but I guess it drives traffic and clicks. 

But back to the purpose of the thread that’s been massively derailed...Baker Mayfield. When did he call his WRs lazy?

All I read was he was talking trash to the defense and...they loved it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-browns-camp-new-optimism-and-expectations-baker-mayfields-verbal-sparring-a-potential-trouble-spot-and-more/amp/

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What happened? Did  @nyjunc stop giving you that attention you seek so badly so you've decided to tag me regarding irrelevant stories? 

What's so hilarious about this is that I didnt even know about Baker Mayfield ripping the receivers. But what I do know, given the constant confirmation, is that you guys are more interested in Baker than I am. 

I'd rather go the nyjunc route and simply give you 10 of these:

??????????

you really are a little douche bag who can't play with others.  Nyjunc is the perfect add on by you, you're similar in too many ways. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s amazing that the child is so delusional yet so compelled to spew his idiocy in thread after thread even after he’s been educated and proven wrong, but I guess it drives traffic and clicks. 

But back to the purpose of the thread that’s been massively derailed...Baker Mayfield. When did he call his WRs lazy?

All I read was he was talking trash to the defense and...they loved it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-browns-camp-new-optimism-and-expectations-baker-mayfields-verbal-sparring-a-potential-trouble-spot-and-more/amp/

Apparently he yelled at them out on the practice field for being sloppy during a scramble drill.  It was apparently super dramatic and you could hear him cursing at the top of his lungs.  Not a big deal, I just wanted to hate on Mayfield some more because I hate his ******* guts. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/28/baker-mayfield-lets-his-receivers-hear-it-during-practice/

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1