The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They give me a reason to exist?  Hahahahahaha.

This thread is awful.  The red headed stepchild complex that most here have is embarassing.  

So why did you open it and continue to comment and bring Darnold into it for no apparent reason other than to remind us how much you love Baker and how dare anyone repost his own words and make him look bad.  

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

You guys are *************. I love it. If there's any team allowed to be a dick, it's the browns and mayfield.

JN needs to get over it. 

That you neg repped more than a few who talked shlt about Baker and keep defending him and call fans of your "team" names to defend him.  Says you dont love it in any way, shape or form.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Even if you like Mayfield, how do you explain the benefit to anyone of him crapping publicly on the Daniel Jones pick?  Is it his way of showing man-love to OBJ (who is throwing his insecurity around like a monkey flings poo)?  I don't recall an NFL player ever commenting on another team's draft pick.  This isn't just a hothead doing his own thing.  This is a guy who is seeking controversy like Lawrence Taylor used to seek QBs. 

Now I say this as a guy who loudly criticized Gettelman for the pick and I'll own that if Jones does well but I don't play for an opposing team.  Win or lose, he's really an a&& and it seems like he and Beckham are in a competition to see who can wear it better now.

So one more question for everyone.  If they had a coach like Belichick, Reid or probably 20 other guys in the league, would this have gone unchallenged?  Yet not a peep from Kitchens, who is looking more and more out of his element.  The clowns are in charge of the circus there.  They'd better put on a good show.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Damn. I never hear about the things Baker says until I log onto Jetnation. 

Kinda ironic, given that us Baker fans talk about the football that's played on the field. 

To all the Baker Fans out there, "False Alarm". I was thinking that he must have thrown 5 picks in a row at practice like Jimmy G. This is nothing but soap opera gossip. Should have known better than to think that this was about football. 

post GIF

:-) 

You really never hear anything about this guy unless you're at JN?  I think you're the only one.

I'm getting fricken ESPN alerts on my phone about this head case.  And no, I'm not setup to specifically follow the Browns on ESPN, these are just headline alerts.

IMG_7885.thumb.jpg.251eed5e08c91169353eab9872ec19f9.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You really never hear anything about this guy unless you're at JN?  I think you're the only one.

I'm getting fricken ESPN alerts on my phone about this head case.  And no, I'm not setup to specifically follow the Browns on ESPN, these are just headline alerts.

The only news that comes to my phone is crypto. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That you neg repped more than a few who talked shlt about Baker and keep defending him and call fans of your "team" names to defend him.  Says you dont love it in any way, shape or form.

What kind of logic is that? I neg repped half as many ppl as you in any Baker thread and the ones I do is because they said like human moth balls. Who fcking cares. We got guys beating women and kids and some of you alter boys want to get your stockings in a bunch because Mayfied said what everyone was thinking? 

GFTO here. Get over him and seriously enough of self righteous moderating on your end this year. 

^^ @Legend Killa7 get over it. Get over him and focus on our own team. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What kind of logic is that? I neg repped half as many ppl as you in any Baker thread and the ones I do is because they said like human moth balls. Who fcking cares. We got guys beating women and kids and some of you alter boys want to get your stockings in a bunch because Mayfied said what everyone was thinking? 

GFTO here. Get over him and seriously enough of self righteous moderating on your end this year. 

what exactly am I supposed to "get over"?

1.  I wanted Darnold - we got him

2.  Did not want either Josh - no issue

3.  was completely prepared to get Baker, since Sam was universally thought to go #1.  From a football standpoint, would have been happy, but not from a character standpoint.

And now that we have Sam, and NOT Baker, I CAN focus on my QB, and MY team, because MY QB doesn't open up his friggin' mouth every chance he gets!!!  MY QB focuses on NEW YORK JETS FOOTBALL, and I will take that all day, every day!!!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So you know they just destroyed Baker for backtracking and not being a man and admitting he said what he said.  He's not only a douche, he's a wishy washy douche.

And I didn't neg rep anyone for saying they were a Baker fan.  Also I said I like his game, just don't like him.  

If you don't like it that some Jet fans don't like his punk behavior You get over it.  It's a Jet board.  Want to hear people who can't stop praising him, try a Browns message board.  Cant believe the handful of people who want to argue defending another teams QB. 

Seriously?  None of this is serious, it's a dead day and just fun poking loudmouth look at me types.  No biggie. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you know they just destroyed Baker for backtracking and not being a man and admitting he said what he said.  He's not only a douche, he's a wishy washy douche.

And I didn't neg rep anyone for saying they were a Baker fan.  Also I said I like his game, just don't like him.  

If you don't like it that some Jet fans don't like his punk behavior You get over it.  It's a Jet board.  Want to hear people who can't stop praising him, try a Browns message board.  Cant believe the handful of people who want to argue defending another teams QB. 

Seriously?  None of this is serious, it's a dead day and just fun poking loudmouth look at me types.  No biggie. 

If he’s backpedalling at all, it’s because America in 2019 is overly offendable and his agent told him to say that.  

Jets fans can so maniac or so caustic. 

“I can’t believe the number of people who want to defend him”

i can’t believe the number of jets fans who need to debase him. 

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If he’s backpedalling at all, it’s because America in 2019 is overly offendable and his agent told him to say that.  

Slay that filthy dragon Paradis! lmao! 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Baker Mayfield is the guy everyone hated back in high school.  The "athlete" trying to be cool drinking Bush Lite because it aint about the taste to fit in because everyone hates his stupid ugly face.  He's the guy that drinks 3 beers, takes his shirt off and is running around the party flexed out of his mind talking about how he could take anyone at the party.  After he sips his 4th beer for the next 2 hours, he continues his shirtless parade and his jeans now sag below his ass.  Feeling himself because nobody stepped to his many challenges for the past 4 hours, he finally works up the liquid courage to actually pick a fight.  Then, when a real tough guy approaches him, Baker quickly runs behind his biggest and toughest friend for safety, jumping up and down screaming hold me back, hold me back, you dont want this!!! ..., knowing deep down inside he wants none of what this dude would do to him.  

Baker Mayfield is the very definition of the word, bitch.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly. 

Punk ass bitch.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Or his HC who did talk a bit about Baker putting a target on his back.  America in 2019 isn't different that 20 years ago.  You don't talk about players by name.  It isn't done.  Nothing new, he didn't have to say it.  It's ESPN, it's NFLN, it's everywhere, not just Jets fans.  

As far as debasing him, how by repeating what he said?  He's doing it, opening his mouth and pretty much everyone is saying g he should STFU everywhere.  Especially when you haven't won a thing yet.  

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na bro. Around here we defend Giants QB's, for as long as it allows us to talk sh_t about that short midget out in Cleveland Baker Mayfield. 

Honestly, who cares.  I've skipped the last 5 pages and my life is no less fulfilled.

He's going to be a real good QB in this league and he's NEVER going to placate anyone with niceties.

It's not who he is. It's not how he made himself.  Different strokes. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na bro. Around here we defend Giants QB's, for as long as it allows us to talk sh_t about that short midget out in Cleveland Baker Mayfield. 

No, no, no!  Not defending anything giants around here!!!

it's a win-win!  Baker keeps running his mouth, but it's about the midgets, which is great!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

Even if you like Mayfield, how do you explain the benefit to anyone of him crapping publicly on the Daniel Jones pick?  Is it his way of showing man-love to OBJ (who is throwing his insecurity around like a monkey flings poo)?  I don't recall an NFL player ever commenting on another team's draft pick.  This isn't just a hothead doing his own thing.  This is a guy who is seeking controversy like Lawrence Taylor used to seek QBs. 

Now I say this as a guy who loudly criticized Gettelman for the pick and I'll own that if Jones does well but I don't play for an opposing team.  Win or lose, he's really an a&& and it seems like he and Beckham are in a competition to see who can wear it better now.

So one more question for everyone.  If they had a coach like Belichick, Reid or probably 20 other guys in the league, would this have gone unchallenged?  Yet not a peep from Kitchens, who is looking more and more out of his element.  The clowns are in charge of the circus there.  They'd better put on a good show.

In truth Mayfield's comment on Jones is odd.

I think that in part it has to do with the fact that Gettelman said no QB from last year's draft class was worth it!

Love him or have a problem with him....

Mayfield allows no slight no matter how minor to go unanswered......

Then again maybe he didn't say that stuff at all!

https://nypost.com/2019/08/20/baker-mayfield-backtracks-after-daniel-jones-rip-job/

Baker Mayfield isn’t standing by his words.

The brash Browns quarterback is backtracking after GQ published a story with quotes from Mayfield trashing Daniel Jones, saying he couldn’t believe the Giants drafted Jones at No. 6 while criticizing his lack of winning in college.

“This is not what I said….just so we’re clear,” Mayfield wrote in an Instagram comment. “I also said I was surprised I got drafted number one. Then was talking about the flaws in evaluating QB’s. Where I brought up winning being important. Reporters and media will do anything to come up with a click bait story. Heard nothing but good things and wish nothing but the best for Daniel.”

Mayfield told GQ the Giants’ selection of Jones at No. 6 “blows my mind.” Mayfield didn’t provide a full quote or context that would soften that insult.

Also published Tuesday were more comments from Odell Beckham Jr. bashing the Giants, claiming they traded him to Cleveland out of spite, even refusing better trade offers to do so.

I don't actually know who ends up the better and more successful Qb, Sam or Baker. I mean Mayfield on the field is pretty good. But all things considered on and off the field imo Sam has the better career. I see more of the successful NFL Qbs and leaders like Montana, Manning, etc in Sam than I do Baker. Mayfield can move an offense and at times be dynamic but it's all about consistency and leadership in a Qb. I take Sam. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't either, but I'm actually more worried about the Buffalo game in week ! then the Cleveland game. 

I think they'll be more fired up for the Monday Night stage, against a team like the Browns, then for any game this year except maybe the prime time Pats matchup.

I love Mayfield, he's my favorite player in the league, but he's going to have a figurative "target on his back" with all the expectations for him and his team this year. I think he'll end up thriving, but the Jets game has "trap" written all over it.

At least Brady had the decency to keep his yap shut until he actually did something in the league. This midget douchebag is a loser by his own standard and still runs his yap. Because hes a false confidence punk that has a need to validate himself. Its gonna be fun watching the dumpster fire the Browns become the millisecond they face adversity. 

Not shocked the guy voted "biggest douchebag in College Football" is your favorite player. LOL.

And your rebuttal about Baker not playing D while ignoring legit arguments is typical. LOL. Pathetic.  I know, I'm a Darnold "ball washer", right? This is a Jets fan site, if you dont like it, go back to BigBlew.com or maybe try to find a Browns Website. I hear that most of Cleveland has the interwebs nowadays. 

20190820_200924.thumb.jpg.0ea650c571b9eb7ea0791ff6fc37f809.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth Mayfield's comment on Jones is odd.

I think that in part it has to do with the fact that Gettelman said no QB from last year's draft class was worth it!

Love him or have a problem with him....

Mayfield allows no slight no matter how minor to go unanswered......

Then again maybe he didn't say that stuff at all!

https://nypost.com/2019/08/20/baker-mayfield-backtracks-after-daniel-jones-rip-job/

Baker Mayfield isn’t standing by his words.

The brash Browns quarterback is backtracking after GQ published a story with quotes from Mayfield trashing Daniel Jones, saying he couldn’t believe the Giants drafted Jones at No. 6 while criticizing his lack of winning in college.

“This is not what I said….just so we’re clear,” Mayfield wrote in an Instagram comment. “I also said I was surprised I got drafted number one. Then was talking about the flaws in evaluating QB’s. Where I brought up winning being important. Reporters and media will do anything to come up with a click bait story. Heard nothing but good things and wish nothing but the best for Daniel.”

Mayfield told GQ the Giants’ selection of Jones at No. 6 “blows my mind.” Mayfield didn’t provide a full quote or context that would soften that insult.

Also published Tuesday were more comments from Odell Beckham Jr. bashing the Giants, claiming they traded him to Cleveland out of spite, even refusing better trade offers to do so.

Mayfield gets quoted in an article,  but can't man up and own it. 

What an insecure bitch. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1