Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Can anyone say non-issue.

Change the names to Darnold and Bell and everybody says non-issue. Sure, it sounds company man af if Johnson were angling for something besides just plain off the team, but since he isn't, what do you want Mayfield to say? The same thing, but in the more diplomatic language of bland cliche? That's not the kind of guy he is and not the kind of quarterback anybody really wants. It would be a whole other thing if he was involving himself in a teammate's contract dispute.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, King P said:

I like Mayfield, but he's dead wrong on this one.

You dont worry about the next man's business. I've noticed this is a thing in the NFL, where you have players openly worried about what the next player is doing and counting their pockets. That's a huge no no.

Mayfield had no business speaking on Duke and his situation, and he really shouldn't have. And it's hilarious to see people here ok with that. Who raised y'all? Lol

Seven pages of the same wrong take. And if the story is about the Jets it's twice that long and blames nobody but the reporter for obviously pushing an insidious agenda by accurately publishing direct quotes and stuff.

This is not hard. It would be one thing if Mayfield was siding against a teammate in a contract dispute. That almost never actually happens because it is so universally understood that it simply isn't done and anybody who forgets it long enough to open his mouth gets swiftly and righteously annihilated for it. This situation is a completely different story. Johnson isn't holding out for a contract. He already got one, last year, when he would have been a free agent this year, and  as soon as he got paid he immediately turned around and started pushing for a trade.

Duke Johnson is not Antonio Brown. He's a third string running back making 5 per and saving tread for a third contract. He was very nearly a cap cut as it is. This is only about making his money to play against the team rather than for the team. And you goofballs are seriously suggesting that Mayfield is obligated to support him in this endeavor. Real quick, we're still for winning and against losing, right?

I'm roughly an 11 on a scale from 0 to commie as far as company men and management deals and crossing picket lines. Drew Brees and Gene Upshaw and Ozzie Newsome can all get boned by the devil in hell forever. Mayfield telling Johnson to eat turds has nothing to do with that stuff.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, jack48 said:

be nice if he actually manages to beat more than one tem with a winning record this year.  After all, they have so much talent.  He should keep his mouth shut.  And I hate when I see nonsense like he is a leading MVP candidate this year.  Look at the numbers.  I actually believe that Freddy is going to emcee a sh*t show there.

So much pointless butthurt. You get that how good Mayfield is and how good Darnold is are not zero sum, right? Based solely on his ability to make Jets fans threatened and irrational and bitchy and delusional Mayfield projects as the next Brady. As compared to Darnold's being hopefully probably pretty good.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If he manages to what? He was a rookie and in his first appearance gave them their first win in a couple seasons. Beating us no less. Baker is a crotch grabbing, big mouthed gifted QB. Take the good with the bad, but the kid can play. Yes, little maturity, a little humility might be nice but I dare say Cleveland would take wins over that right now. Let’s see how this season go’s instead of acting like we know, because we don’t. 

He won six games for the ******* Browns. If Darnold had won six games last year there are forum members numbering at least in the dozens who literally would have paid money to blow him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This has been an on-going issue for the last 3 months, Duke is a #3 running back, he shouldn’t be this big of a distraction. Baker wasn’t wrong. Baker wasn’t right. There isn’t a wrong or right really. It’s okay to do either... speak up or not say anything. guys are blowing this out of proportion in the name of insecurity.

This has been going on for A YEAR. As soon as they signed Hyde and drafted Chubb, Johnson started bitching. They extended him and he kept bitching. I'm not sure when I first heard about an actual trade request but it was way before Hunt.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One thing you never hear teammates, union brothers do is criticize another for business issues.  

Mayfield crossed the line here, should never have called out a player for taking care of business. 

The business was already taken care of. He wanted assurances past last year before the season started and he got 7.7M guaranteed for what is almost definitely going to be one additional season of minimal injury risk followed by his freedom and another contract. And now he doesn't want to give even the year. If we're talking about Revis or Antonio Brown or something, sure, that's business. We're not. If there were any chance he could hold up Haslam for more money, fine. I'm certainly all for that. But there isn't. He's refusing to perform the first year of an extension and he's Duke effing Johnson. If he thinks he's good enough not to be made a tragicomic example of for this ridiculous imitation of this thing he saw work on TV once he is out of his ******* mind.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

Not exactly a JR/Melo Lin ordeal here.

I think this was the longest I had gone without accidentally remembering the old iso miss one by eight feet and laugh hysterically offense. So eff you for that, pal. I don't give a **** what anybody says, the triangle was a massive improvement.

15 minutes ago, rammagen said:

except they would cut him him in a heart beat of it was in the teams benefit. That is why Baker should not talk about it. next yr with 1.5 in dead money they may cut him. What he did for them last yr was take a deal that paid him a 2 million dollar bonus which helps bith the team and the player he gets some money up front and the team spreads the hit. but that was before getting the kansas city rb so je basically signed a team friendly deal to be replaced. Iy is business but we dont know what was promised in the contract or to the player

He got a 3 year extension with 8 guaranteed. I don't understand a thing you're trying to say except the first sentence which is just dumb. So everybody should just hold out all the time. Get paid like six times over for every season. Because teams can cut them. Again Johnson already got guaranteed money for what is going to be only this season beyond his rookie deal exactly as he demanded before last year. You don't get to keep ******* around once your demands have already been met.

5 hours ago, slats said:

Some of his teammates disagree, taking him aside to explain that to him (away from the media) and now he's probably not gonna do that again. Because he shouldn't. 

Appeal to the authority of Jarvis Landry, this is what we're going with now?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The teammates dont agree with you.

Talking heads that played the game dont agree with you

We're saying his teammates wont be happy hes talking about another players business.  Instead of getting that its about how others take it you think pounding away at whos right or wrong changes the issue.  it doesnt, he should have STFU

I don't care what anybody who doesn't understand the difference thinks about basically anything. It's not about Johnson's business. He got what he wanted. That's the business. Now he wants gone too. So...bye. Not that any of that stuff matters because this thread is about butt feelings.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

As far as we know neither is AB. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, to be fair, we don’t know that AB is a rapist, either 

Yes, we do.

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think he’s an ass, probably a rapist, and is suffering from CTE, but unless your back was also sprayed with AB’s swimmers, no, you don’t.

I'm not stupid, so I do. If you don't, that's cool. But that has nothing to do with the particulars of the situation.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company