Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

18 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Asked an honest question, gave a Baker answer.

For the record I wanted the Jets to draft Mayfield......

Doesn't mean I have to agree with him....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JiF said:

Did you know?  That in 1982 Terry Bradshaw led the league in TD passes with 17 and that same year, the MVP of the league was a Kicker?  Mark Moselely

Thank you..........

I guess random stats only tell part of the story then :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It’s impressive, but it’s also important to note the era he’s in (as evidenced by the current top 20 in AY/A) as well as the fact that a lot of his best numbers came when he was playing with 2 sure-fire HoF weaponzzzz.

C9572C03-293F-4856-8C3D-0A8B3E39AAD5.thumb.jpeg.8bf0cd8c67ce849daa8ba024f7a9c65c.jpeg

Ultimately, I can’t get over the fact that for most of his career, he’s had great HoF teammates, a qualified offense-minded coaching staff, is extremely talented in his own right, yet over a 15 year career to date is sub .500 in only in 11 playoff games and 0 SBs.

PLEASE... PLEASE. please...highlight what Otto Graham did and note the time he did it in....... and it is why he is my Number 1A QB behind Montana.....

Otto Graham was that GOOD!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

But you have to take into account that Baker has better protection and weapons. Also is two years older so he might of been more NFL ready in year 1 but I doubt that’s gonna last.  Don’t get me wrong Baker was impressive but Sam can do more things IMO and has the higher ceiling.  Sam was great in the second half despite no oline and no weapons outside of a rookie Herndon and Robby 

This 100%!!

And I wanted the Jets to draft Mayfield.......

My fear concerning Darnold was the Jets have never really developed a QB properly as far as I can see (Closest was Chad) and certainly not in the last 15 years, Baker IMO had less Downside forget Upside, so I wanted Baker for that reason alone.. 

Think with Bowles and Mac incharge could anyone truly believe that they were going to groom a young QB?

What has happened so far in IMO is a miracle.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think it just shows how good Darnold is. Despite having an awful coach and no protection or weapons his rookie year as a 21 year old he still impressed. For example   When Baker faced the Texans who were a playoff team and a defensive monster he obviously struggled a lot.  When Sam faced them he singlehandedly almost beat them.  So much that the Texans were praising him afterward.  I think Gase and Douglas are gonna help Sam reach his ceiling

I didn't know about Mayfield and the Texan's game...

I am actually going to look at it now!

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Sure.  I think he threw 3 picks.  I’m not trying to say Baker wasn’t good because he obviously was but I always wanted Sam    Before any other QB in that draft.  

You know I'm not knocking him because I said I wanted Baker and why.

But some Jets fans act delusional and denigrate Darnold just because and act like the OL was really good when it wasn't again to denigrate Darnold and I for one don't understand it.

Oh and Thank Goodness we drafted Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

The evidence on those tapes would have been bigger than the Black Sox scandal. A trillion dollars in bets turned on blatant cheating and the lawsuits would have destroyed the league. When you think about it, Goodell HAD to destroy the tapes. 

But the blind want to sweep it under the rug. 

Thank You!!!

As a recovering attorney I said this at the time.

i stayed in a Holiday Inn last night  :) 

In what world other than Jeffery Epstein committed suicide world, do people actually believe that the authorities, in this case the NFL, destroyed evidence of wrong doing so that “the Truth” could come out.  

That is not what is done with “evidence” and any first year law student will tell you the same.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It was bigger than NE, it would have severely hurt the game and no teams went nuts because they all try to bend the rules to their advantage.  We can whine about them 24 hours a day but they aren't taking any Lombardi's away.  

I ask again, how come BBs cheating didn't work until he got Brady?

First people cheat all the time and they don't always get MASSIVE advantages out of the illicit behaviour.

Think folks that cheat just a little on their taxes or people shoplift.  People do these things all the time doesn't mean that they are going to be Billionaires as a result, but they do think that cheating gives them an advantage nevertheless.

In addition competitive advantage is one thing.... However hiring folks to go through opposing teams hotel rooms is another, signal stealing is another, illegal video taping is another, using illegal plays and formation is another, tampering with equipment is another and on and on and on........................

Competitive advantage is one thing but this type of stuff when added up is RIDICULOUS and NOOOOOO I wouldn't be happy or proud if the Jets were winning that way and I have used Vinny's magic helmet TD against Seattle as a time when I said "we got a gift and Seattle was robbed!" 

Second..........And as far as the NFL goes ..........

I think that you are 100% Correct here!

If I were the Commissioner of the NFL and something that could destroy the future of my sport or the entire industry were in my possession and either we release the info and destroy the NFL or we destroy some tapes and take some criticism.   All I could say is there would be this taking place right outside my window.

image.jpeg

On the other hand I am sometimes irrational  FAN of a rivile team so I can call out the BUMS all I like ..... :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

Even if you like Mayfield, how do you explain the benefit to anyone of him crapping publicly on the Daniel Jones pick?  Is it his way of showing man-love to OBJ (who is throwing his insecurity around like a monkey flings poo)?  I don't recall an NFL player ever commenting on another team's draft pick.  This isn't just a hothead doing his own thing.  This is a guy who is seeking controversy like Lawrence Taylor used to seek QBs. 

Now I say this as a guy who loudly criticized Gettelman for the pick and I'll own that if Jones does well but I don't play for an opposing team.  Win or lose, he's really an a&& and it seems like he and Beckham are in a competition to see who can wear it better now.

So one more question for everyone.  If they had a coach like Belichick, Reid or probably 20 other guys in the league, would this have gone unchallenged?  Yet not a peep from Kitchens, who is looking more and more out of his element.  The clowns are in charge of the circus there.  They'd better put on a good show.

In truth Mayfield's comment on Jones is odd.

I think that in part it has to do with the fact that Gettelman said no QB from last year's draft class was worth it!

Love him or have a problem with him....

Mayfield allows no slight no matter how minor to go unanswered......

Then again maybe he didn't say that stuff at all!

https://nypost.com/2019/08/20/baker-mayfield-backtracks-after-daniel-jones-rip-job/

Baker Mayfield isn’t standing by his words.

The brash Browns quarterback is backtracking after GQ published a story with quotes from Mayfield trashing Daniel Jones, saying he couldn’t believe the Giants drafted Jones at No. 6 while criticizing his lack of winning in college.

“This is not what I said….just so we’re clear,” Mayfield wrote in an Instagram comment. “I also said I was surprised I got drafted number one. Then was talking about the flaws in evaluating QB’s. Where I brought up winning being important. Reporters and media will do anything to come up with a click bait story. Heard nothing but good things and wish nothing but the best for Daniel.”

Mayfield told GQ the Giants’ selection of Jones at No. 6 “blows my mind.” Mayfield didn’t provide a full quote or context that would soften that insult.

Also published Tuesday were more comments from Odell Beckham Jr. bashing the Giants, claiming they traded him to Cleveland out of spite, even refusing better trade offers to do so.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company