Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Surely you can understand the logic -- as the top two QBs taken in the draft (and likely the only two to turn into stars, IMO) their careers will be forever intertwined. Jets fans want their guy to end up the better of the two.

No doubt, but I would have a lot more emotional investment in how Mayfield turns out if the Jets actually had a chance to draft him. Since he was already gone when we picked Darnold, his level of success/failure is mostly unrelated to how I feel about the Jets taking Darnold.

This isn’t a Ken O Brien vs. Dan Marino Situation. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

now this off field crap - another story.  I'm sure a lot of Jets fans were thinking (like I was) that Sam would go #1, and that we would get Mayfield.  I know I was trying to talk myself into it:  "I know he's a total a$$hole, but he'll grow up" etc etc.  and seeing stuff like this, I think "man, we dodged a bullet!"

Yea, he probably would have had a disastrous rookie season with us. 

Crappy Jets roster + lame duck Bowles + Mayfield’s propensity to talk sh*t + NY media = total sh*tshow 

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

well yeah but even if he did the same - what did he go 7-7 during games he started?  so say he was with Jets and we went 8-8 AND he was talking all this crap?  oh man I'm getting REXingitus again....

He wasn’t going 8-8 with the roster and coach we had last year 

51 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

yet, i'm pretty sure Kosar had more success then O'Brien, in THAT SITUATION

tenor.gif?itemid=4946914

K

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I like how half the article is just taking shots at Beckham, who has nothing whatsoever to do with this story, capped off by this gem:

“Beckham has done nothing but lose, except for that one time he went to the playoffs, but uhh that doesn’t count.”

Eh, I mean the Giants had a losing overall record with Beckham. 

For the insane amount of hype he gets, you would think he was truly a “game-changer” for them, and yet, their W/L record with him seems to indicate that he was not.

The Browns are a bit mouthy a bit too soon. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s a team sport. Sam Darnold is also a loser by your criteria.

Except, I didn’t call Odell a “loser.” 

I just pointed out that he may not be as valuable as he (along with many other folks) seem to think he is.

Just now, dbatesman said:

The Lions went 49-86 with Calvin Johnson on the roster.

Precisely. 

And the Pats never actually won a SB with Moss and had a more efficient offense immediately after trading him. 

So . . maybe we shouldn't be giving all of these diva WRs so much attention?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

No one except QB is that valuable and thus it is an empty critique IMHO.

It would be empty, except for the fact that the vast majority of both the media as well as fans on message boards such as this one act like Odell is a game-changer. (Same goes for Vegas - look at the Browns odds before and after acquiring Odell)

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

He is a game changer by any reasonable definition of what that means for position players.

Can’t agree. Very, very, very few positional players matter as much as people think Odell does.       

We aren’t talking about Lawrence Taylor, here. 

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Baker and OBJ have a real hardon for the Gmen. That game will be a lot of fun next year.

Too bad the Giants suck, lol

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Also,.wasn't aware Sam was playing D in that game. Crazy!

Haha, the Baker people on here seem to have a lot invested in last year’s singles tennis match 

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

He did say there were 5 QB's in the AFL better then Earl Morrall who was the NFL MVP that year..

Lmao, he was probably right 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sam has another year Under his belt  and a coaching staff that appears to be somewhat coherent. No excuses this time agreed. Let the ginger and the loudmouth fight it out. Can’t wait!! 

Going to be the most hyped game on here since December 2015

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Agreed, I'm sick and tired of hearing from loudmouth divas like [squints at cue cards] Calvin Johnson

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

The point is that most of these star WRs are nowhere near as important as they are made out to be.  Most of them happen to also be divas, but certainly not all of them. 

Just now, dbatesman said:

Cool! My OP was about how bizarre it is that the article dragged Beckham into this, so I'm not really sure what the point of any of this is, except to argue that David Patten is more "important" than Randy Moss.

You are trying to hard. 

Take a break. 

34 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

So far as we know Baker isn't a rapist. So we should probably quit the "AB" comparisons. 

Eh, to be fair, we don’t know that AB is a rapist, either 

Just now, Irish Jet said:

We know he's a piece of sh*t, that he's harassed women and that an NFL franchise released him in the midst of rape allegations.

He's not comparable to Mayfield. At all. 

Agreed

21 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm not stupid, so I do. If you don't, that's cool. But that has nothing to do with the particulars of the situation.

Stop. There’s no way for you to know something like that. You weren’t there and I’m assuming you haven’t met anyone involved.

You’re being silly 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company