Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not going back and forth about this.

tfw you tell Jets fans to “get over it” when they point out that we took Jamal Adams over Patrick Mahomes, but you also have 12 posts in a single thread defending the Browns QB

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The point is not who draws more, the point is Baker said something that is total BS. NYG fans come out to the stadium and care deeply for the team. 

oh wow

6 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree all around. Never felt bad missing out on Ryan. Never believed in Rivers. No way Rivers deserves to get in a HoF that Klecko isn't in. 

Rivers is 7th all time in AY/A and and 8th in passer rating, and is going to end his career in the top five for yards and TDs. Klecko not being in the Hall is a travesty, but come on.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'll bite. 

What have any of these teams done recently with their coaching decisions that says we should even be remotely interested in doing this, should Gase not work out?  Kyle Shanny is the only one I could see a case for and he has yet to prove himself as a HC.  Fangio is a rookie, Vance Joesph was an absolute disaster of a choice by Elway, and no one is barking at the door for Pat Shurmer disciples right now.

The Jets are a lost cause until they hire Mike Singletary as head coach

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Think he's better than Ben Macadoo or John Fox?

Bring Me the Head of Steve Spagnuolo

On the one hand Mayfield has better stats and has won more games, but on the other hand Darnold plays for the Jets, so whose to say which one is better

• Upvote 1

I like how half the article is just taking shots at Beckham, who has nothing whatsoever to do with this story, capped off by this gem:

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

while his newest receiver has done nothing but lose since entering the NFL (save for 2016, which was an anomaly that ended with Beckham’s worst career game and a punched hole in the Lambeau Field wall).

“Beckham has done nothing but lose, except for that one time he went to the playoffs, but uhh that doesn’t count.”

• Haha 2

Also, Warfish is right. The Mayfield stuff has reached pathological levels.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I mean the Giants had a losing overall record with Beckham. 

For the insane amount of hype he gets, you would think he was truly a “game-changer” for them, and yet, their W/L record with him seems to indicate that he was not.

The Lions went 49-86 with Calvin Johnson on the roster.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Precisely. 

And the Pats never actually won a SB with Moss and had a more efficient offense immediately after trading him. 

So . . maybe we shouldn't be giving all of these diva WRs so much attention?

Agreed, I'm sick and tired of hearing from loudmouth divas like [squints at cue cards] Calvin Johnson

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

The point is that most of these star WRs are nowhere near as important as they are made out to be.  Most of them happen to also be divas, but certainly not all of them. 

Cool! My OP was about how bizarre it is that the article dragged Beckham into this, so I'm not really sure what the point of any of this is, except to argue that David Patten is more "important" than Randy Moss.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You are trying to hard. 

Take a break. 

This is my break!

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company