Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

2 things:

Mayfield was right

Mayfield couldn’t give a big enough f*ck what people (fans, media, teammates,  Uncle Luke (honestly who gives a sh*t what his opinion is)) think about what he says. He’s going to lead the way he leads and he’ll either soar or crash and burn but it’ll be on his terms. 

IMHO he’ll be just fine and this will not lead to an implosion. 

I don't think the quote, or Landry's response, mean dick, but you couldn't be more wrong about Mayfield.  The ******* kid had to be begged to stop tracking and responding to negative twitter comments when he was in college.  All this sh*t means way more to him than it does to me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, this is pretty much the stance every athlete has ever taken. When it comes to "business" you never criticize a teammate (or another player, really) on how they manage their career.

Leveon getting killed by the Steelers offensive line last year is honestly one of the only times I can ever remember players going after a teammate over something like this (which isn't' a great sign, tbh.)

I think much of it comes from the amount of money Bell got and was leaving on the table.  Bell was right not to let the Steelers ride him like rented mule, but when none of the linemen make half that tag and they are killing themselves every down, it's tough not to want the guy in the trenches.  I think Duke Johnson has a point.  The Browns extended him and dumped Crowell, but they will probably lose interest in him if/when Hunt comes back around mid-season.  They will cut him in 2019 and he will be looking for a new deal at 26 off a down season behind Chubb and Hunt.  Duke has to press the issue now because he will be losing the upper hand shortly.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I love what he said. Duke johnson should keep his mouth shut and handle his business by himself.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes, many players have had success shooting their way out of town through the press by keeping their mouths shut and handling their business by themselves.

21 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

All those who shot there way out of town have been a bust. Can’t live UL to their own hype.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Khalil Mack, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown.  Busts all!  They follow a long line of busts from John Elway, and Eli Manning to Randy Moss, Jerome Bettis and Marshall Faulk. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, nyjunc said:

This discussion just gets more absurd.  Imagine someone seriously saying they'd rather have Eli than Dan Marino 😂😂

Absolutely, Moon always scared me just like Marino did.  Eli scares no one. He basically handed is that 2015 win with his stupidity.  In 2011 when they beat us he was 9-27 for 255 yards with 99 coming on one play which was all Victor Cruz.  

Eli definitely could get hot, he had some great games and great moments but the true greats are great on a consistent basis. Eli has never been consistently great.  One week he could look like a HOFer but the next he could look like a rookie.

Plus, he is doofy looking. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think about this then.

As always, I'm right and you're the only other person agreeing with nyjunc. 

Think about that.  You and a troll

Not that I generally agree with @nyjunc, but @kdels62 is not the only other person that would take Marino over Eli Manning. 

59 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You want something like this then...

Image result for game of thrones wildling beard

You call that a beard?  This is a beard!

09-tom-gisele-diet.w330.h412.jpg

• Haha 4

I don't know why it matters where the Jets hire from?  It's all fixed according to him anyway.

Not that I think it matters, but FWIW, Gase is from the "Denver" coaching tree, and he coached in SF too.  Plus, Mariucci from SF hired him in Detroit..

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Doesnt seem necessary considering it's one person that consistently derails threads with some of the most moronic garbage ever created over and over again while completely and utterly wrong at every step of the way.  But hey, you do you.

I was actually coming into to see if anyone commented on how Baker called all his WR's lazy trash 3 days into camp. 

To be fair, isn't that the caption under Antonio Calloway's yearbook picture at Florida? 

21 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I stay on topic, others attack.  It would be nice if we could just debate the topic. 

I read the thread topic.  This is what I saw: The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread.  Somehow I am missing where it mentions Eli Manning, the Giants or the Hall of Fame. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Sometimes threads go off in a different direction.  I don't recall how but it happened in this thread.

I am guilty of it often enough myself, but I am pretty sure that you could just look in the mirror. 

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Ok, so OBJ hates water and he's a pussy.

But I also hate water so...I guess...I'm a pussy.

Gotta be some vodka in there. 

I seem to remember that Beckham liked the water.

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wow ....

Darnold had 1/4 the supporting cast of Mayfield last year.

This year will tell a lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

...and they added Beckham and Hunt. 

20 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

exactly.  and....Mayfield only won 3 more games than Sam.  THREE!!!  not like he went to the playoffs or anything!  Texans game, Packers game, even the Browns game:  all of them Sam had the lead late in the game and the Jets "staunch D" did what we Jets fans have come accustomed to:  they blew it!  the only reason we won the Colts game was because Sam had given the D such a huge cushion.

Point is:  Jets easily could have been a 6-7 win team last year.  with THAT roster....crazy!!  If Mayfield does not make the playoffs this year with his roster.....wow

Actually, I think he only won 2 more games than Sam, but he lost 1 less.  Mayfield was better than Darnold in every category - 6% more completions, 40 more ypg, more game winning drives, like 10 more TDs with less INTs, .8 more ypa.  I am happy with Darnold, but at this point Mayfield has been the better QB. 

• Upvote 1

Isn't this thread about the Browns?  Why are we talking about that fat **** that has never won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick on his staff?  Is he "consulting" for them now? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

They also wasted the career of possibly the best running back of all times. 

Why are you complaining about Dan Pastorini?  IMO, I would put Calvin Johnson up as greatest WR of all time before I would put Barry up at RB.

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Barry had people watching that team to just see him. Hell, half the people I met when he was posing wore any Lions swag would be sure it’s Barry they like not the Lions. Change greatest to gifted if it makes it easier to swallow. 

Fat joke or mod joke?  It makes no difference.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree, Jerry Rice might have been the last of the top WR to win a Superbowl unless we want to count Holmes, maybe Harrison

Owens lost, Jones lost, Megtron never went, Green no show, Texans LOL, who else?

Wes Welker, Srsly? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

"I'll go with the Browns were playing their 3rd game in 12 days, they had won once in what? 31 games(?) prior, and had perhaps the only HC in the league who was as clueless as Bowles, the only guy who would've started Taylor over Mayfield, for $2000 Alex... oh wait, it's the Daily Double? I'll go with everything I've got" 

...you're right about Sam not playing D that day, though. It's annoying that QBs can't do that. Maybe if Baker could've done it, the Browns could've won week 17 and made the playoffs. (That sounds kind of "Crazy" though, doesn't it?)

If Baker played D week 17 the Browns were going to win 3 more games and make the playoffs?  They had a losing record.  They were 2 full games behind the Steelers and the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

You guys know that everyone who talks about how much money they have on the internet sounds like a douchebag, right? 

Wait, they are talking about money?  I thought we were measuring dicks. Good thing you told me.  I was about to put it on the table. 

Sure seems like a lot of chatter since "consider this me giving you the last word."

2 hours ago, slats said:

You guys know that everyone who talks about how much money they have on the internet sounds like a douchebag, right? 

Yeah, it's much less douchebaggy when they do it in person, right?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company