Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

I remember the Billy Martin Reggie Jackson Thurmon Munson Greg Nettles Yankees not getting along but winning in spite of it. Lakers with Shaq and Kobe come to mind and more I'm sure. If Mayfield produces it will be okay but if  he doesnt............

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Difference is the HC could control them... This situation has a Rookie HC who hasn't even spent a full season as a coordinator.

You missed the point. If Mayfield produces they win 10-12 ganes and they can continue twittering or complaining or what ever the fvck it is they do nowadays and it wont matter. Winning cures all and the rookie coach you cite does not have to intervene and comes out smelling like a rose.

What are the odds Mayfield actually knows the true Browns franchise resides in Baltimore under an assumed name?

• Upvote 1

3 observations

Jets fans are only crapping all over Mayfield because they fear he could possibly be better than Darnold.

Of course Eli is a hall of famer. He is a NY QB who won 2 Superbowl games. His last name is Manning and he could retire with 60,000 yards and 400 TDs.

Joe Namath would not be in the hall if he hadnt QB'ed the lone Jets SB win.

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Or because he's acting like an immature teenager.

If Darnold had a better rookie season it doesn't change the fact that Baker has been extremely short tempered and childish. No other QB right now is acting like he is, and he has no room to act like a bigshot on a super team until he and the Browns prove that notion. 

He is a big shot. He was drafted #1 and won the Heisman. He has had a big mouth forever. Kinda like you know who. So tell me. Why would any Jets fan care what Mayfield has to say?

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t think that’s it. 

Mayfield is one of those guys, you either love or hate. 

I like the dude because, unlike Johnny Football, he can actually play the position. 

I get that some people hate him, fully understand it. 

Sam IMHO is and will be a better QB but Mayfield is going to be a good one. 

I never minded mouthy jocks as long as they can walk the walk and so far Baker has.

Subjectively, yes Sam absolutely can still eclipse Baker and lets hope he does.

Objectively, Baker is better right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

What if you hated Baker Mayfied long before the NFL draft?  

Yes, and Rosen and Allen too.............

When Eli gets inducted into the HOF  Junc will be screaming Blalalaalalalalalalalala with his eyes closed and hands cupped over his ears and then will join the teh falcon in  JN infamy

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one moves the goalposts more often than nyjunc.  Then he states he won the argument because no one proved his inane stances wrong. 

I think he is trolling.

I mean really. Eli will finish with 60,000 yards and 400 TDs, 2 rings.

Is that something no talent bums can do?

Has anyone with these type #s ever not been let in??

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JiF said:

No.  I just really really hate Mayfield and it started in college, nothing to do with him being better than Darnold.

Fair enough. 

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I want to address that point.

SB XLII:

Giants Passing
  C/ATT1 Yds TD INT Rating
Eli Manning 19/34 255 2 1 87.3

SB XLVI:

Giants Passing
  C/ATT1 Yds TD INT Rating
Eli Manning 30/40 296 1 0 103.8

Neither game feels like an MVP performance but they had to give it to him because nobody else on the offense stood out.  The first game, he was actually pretty terrible except for the lucky Tyree catch.  Eli might just be the luckiest NFL player ever.  He bullied his way on to the Giants and stumbled his way into the HoF.  He had a few very good years, but all those years of saying 'Brady, Brees and Manning', it was never about Eli.  When Peyton declined, Aaron Rodgers stepped up.  Eli was always on the outside, looking in for top-3, usually top-5 QBs in the league.  That's not HoF to me.

You or junc or anyone else can scream till they are blue in the face how you dont believe he deserves entry. The fact is, like it or not,he will be let in.

There are QBs in the HOF who have accomplished much less than Eli. Maybe they should just blow it all up and start from scratch.

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

There's not a single QB in the Hall who has accomplished less than Eli. Every single QB in the Hall has made at least one all pro team (whether official or unofficial), Eli has not.  Every single QB in the Hall has led a major category at least once, Eli has not.

He doesn't even belong in the discussion.

Please list all the QBs in the Hall that accomplished less than Eli?

Why would I make that list? 

So you could make one of your signature junc science  tldnr  mumbo jumbo skewed stats pretzel logic rebuttals?

Here is the bottom line.

Eli goes into the HOF with rollerskates on the first year he is eligible.

If that makes you unhappy so be it.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You wouldn't make it because you just want to make crazy statements without backing them up.  I'd voters have been watching he won't get in, if they don't watch (like you guys) and just look at meaningless compiled numbers he'll have a chance.

Yes because we all know the voters never watch to the degree that you do.

He is in. Live with it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Who cares if anyone agrees with me? That means I'm wrong because I'm strong enough not to need help in these debates?  All you do is attack me rather than my arguments.

Compiled numbers mean something but league MVPs, all pros, leading the league in major categories, etc... don't mean anything 😂😂

You are right, you can't make this sh*t up.

At no point in his career was Eli Manning ever a top QB in this league but we are supposed to believe he's one of the best of all time. 😂😂

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Yep, he elevated his teams play by having his D hold Tom Brady and that offense to 14 & 17 points while Eli led his Os to 17 & 19 to win.

Flacco's magical run was led by him and the offense while Eli's 2 runs were led by his D.  They won a game in the playoffs on the road when the opponent scored 35, that won a SB when the opponent scored 31.  Eli has never won a playoff game when the opponent has scored more than 20 points.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, nyjunc said:

He threw it up for grabs, it was a desperation play.  It worked, credit to him for escaping the tackle and getting the ball up but it was a very lucky play just as the game ending int that Samuel dropped was very lucky.

Eli as a starting QB is just 2 games under .500, he's only been to the playoffs 6 times in 15 years and has gone one and done 4 of those 6 appearances.

You need good D to win, Eli needed spectacular D to win.  He's never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20 points.  He's the only multiple SB winning QB that hasn't led his O to at least 20 points in a SB, he's one of only 2 SB winning QBs that didn't lead his O to more than 20 in regulation in both conf championship game and SB(in games they started and finished) and he did this TWICE! The only other QB to do this was backup Jeff Hostetler in 1990 and in the SB he and his O won that game by holding the ball for 40+ minutes keeping the high powered Bills O off the field.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:00 AM, nyjunc said:

Top 10 numbers because he's top 10 in attempts.  He's a compiler who has done most of his compiling in meaningless games.  He has earned only 2 pro bowls, never been on any all pro team, never led any major category other than INTs which he has done 3 times, he's led the Giants to missing the playoffs 8 of the last 10 seasons and by the end of this season he will be under .500 as a starting QB.

I think Rivers is also overrated but he's been to 8 pro bowls, been on 2 all pro teams, led the league in completions, comp %, yards, TDs and rating and is 28 games over .500 for his career compared to 2 for Eli.

It's not worth discussing Ben, he's so much better than Eli it's silly to discuss.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, nyjunc said:

He does not have top stats, he has good compiled numbers.  What do you not understand about not leading any major category other than INTs (THREE times), only earning 2 pro bowls, never making ANY all pro team.  That is where greatness stands out not because you led your O to 17 & 19 points to win 2 super bowls.

Don't the browns have a higher capacity sold than the Giants?  I couldn't care less about this browns- Giants thing by the way.  Both have good fanbases

Another thread troll jacked. You guys do realize you are being trolled right?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company