Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

Mayfield is a grade A douchebag, that really goes without question at this point.

Not to mention, it's kind of laughable what a hypocrite he is, considering there may not be a single person in the league who has less room to judge about taking things public.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, slats said:

Dorsey's running a social experiment in Cleveland. I think some personnel guys put too much emphasis on character, but Dorsey seems to not care about anything other than what a player can do on the field. As long as they're winning, everything will be fine. But if they struggle, that doesn't look like a locker room that's gonna stick together to me. 

Seriously, the moment things take even the slightest turn for the worse, all of the evidence suggests that team is going down in flames.  It should at least be entertaining though.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Big time Baker fan (the player, not the person) here.

You don't f*ck with other people's money.  Pretty damn simple.

Also, I wonder what Baker would have said if someone else said the same thing about him and his situation when he wanted to transfer out of Texas Tech?  "GeT oN tHe BuS bAkEr" 🤪.

All in all, he's a good QB.  Comes off as a pretty sh*tty human at every turn though.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Sam though, I have no idea why that narrative is a thing.

Very well said, and I think the biggest point here is that this isn't one individual incident that lives in a vacuum, but rather an ongoing trend that's followed him around for a while now.  He's clearly a complete dick of a person, and the only claims otherwise are simply a series of excuses.

Ultimately, the formula for those kind of players in any sport is simple:  if he's on your team and good enough, then you'll accept or even support his douchebaggery (at least for a while).  Others will simply see him for what he is and it's always easy to root against an overall unlikable person.

In the case of the Browns, they have been putting together their own "who's who" of the league's biggest douches, which makes it hard to ignore.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

So has this thread turned into some sort of competition to see who can exhibit the most comparable douchebaggery to Mayfield?

It's a tight race.

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company