Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

Duke Johnson never heard of him, either get on board or GTFO. Love it!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, fltflo said:

For all you folks who never heard or saw Duke Johnson play at the “U” sorry for you, because you missed a special player. For a time he was the Miami offense. Not sure the Browns were using him in a way that best utilized his talent. I was really hoping the Jets took him in the draft,the kid is a baller.
As far as uncle Luke, he is a huge Canes fans and will always have the former players back, as his QB should have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he have rap sheet?

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Mayfield is great, but his behavior has always, and still does scare me. 

He does controversial stuff in Cleveland, now imagine him pulling some of his antics in NYC with a bunch of vultures for beat writers.

Great? How, for entertainment.

53 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I love watching Mayfield play,

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I agree but you are creating controversy when you don't need it... take him aside and say that... going through the media creates even more garbage for the media to report about... 

It's early though.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Thats part of the point... its early... it has just started... I don't see this getting better over time... Mayfield is too much of a hothead... this is the beginning

That remains to be seen, he can't be that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Refer to all the items Villain quoted that he did in college... There is a trend 

The offense side of the locker room won't have it. Someone will straighten him out if need be.

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Joe did not run down his teammates.  He did not throw ultimatums at them.  He chased women.

I liked when he commentated games when I was a kid. He would call a spade a spade and you learned from what he would say what not to do and what to do,

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I’m suggesting winning cures all ills.  Qbs can be giant cock bags as long as they win. 

and they usually are right out of the shoot, maybe millennials are different thinking about mom instead of taking the bull by the horns.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Am I missing something? What was said here that was harsh?

This, totally. and when did he talk about someones contract, salary or hold out looking to get paid? I thought I heard Baker say Johnson has to handle this his way. The guy doesn't want to be Baker's teammate he wants out. So see ya. 

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just because Sam doesn’t say things publicly, doesn’t mean he doesn’t say things to individual players.  There is a reason his former HC called him the best 1 on 1 leader he had ever seen.  Sam managed to keep big personalities like JuJu and Adoree’ in check (“You can celebrate when we’ve actually done something”), there are different leadership personalities, and it also appears like the JETS COACHES AND PLAYERS are responding to his (Sam) form of leadership.

Also, Sam’s personality with his teammates is different from the public persona.  “Sam is a locker room guy” -JuJu, and “Sam is a cool dude..he has some swagger” - Osemele.

As long as a QB leads, and is respected by his teammates, style doesn’t matter....it’s not just the one with the loudest, unfiltered voice.  

Lead by example. Sometimes you gotta knock some heads. See Troy Aikman, Tom Brady etc.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I have a very simple rule and it comes from NYC streets......

"Keep my money out your mouth"

Fact......

Johnson has been a "Good" guy for the Browns and they tried to trade him last year.  He is just following up on what management itself indicated that they wanted to do.  Why does this make him the bad guy?

Say stuff to a guys face NOT in the press.  Fans like that stuff they think that it shows how tough Baker is or take charge a guy he is.  It doesn't show that at all.

It is a cheap shot.

No one on this board would like colleagues of theirs telling folks in the media or upper management to essentially get rid of you because you don't seem to be a "team" player.  All to often we want justice for ourselves but exhibit little compassion for others.

Just my opinion...

There are ways you do things and Baker's approach rubbed me the wrong way.  But that is just me..

Lets Go Jets!!

Asked an honest question, gave a Baker answer.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So Mayfield didn’t like Johnson going to the media and say he wanted a trade, but little Baker has no problem with himself going to the media and complaining about Johnson??  Lol....a little hypocritical no?  

Watch the video again. Maybe I missed something.

• Upvote 1

He is answering questions. He is brutally honest. I like that.

26 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Giants average attendance: 76,940 

Browns average attendance: 65,765

He's getting obnoxious. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He's right. 

Met Life seats 82,500.  That's 93%.

Cleveland Browns Stadium seats 67, 895.  That's 97%.

And Giants were a totally PSL'ed. Sold out for 30 years since inception.

Eli, Phuck Eli, Phuck the Giants. I'm gonna go over to throw garbage on his front lawn problem is he won't see it from his house. He is going into the HOF!.

Shurmurs too, while I'm at it.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Haha, you guys present so many compelling arguments.  

You just need to read the book of Manning, brah. Eli is going to go into the HOF. 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

The Giants won 3 championship games in the pre SB era and I believed lost about 13.  They aren't the Yankees of football.

Eli has been a mostly mediocre player, Harry Carson took forever to get in.  He won a SB as part of a dominant team not a fluke team like Eli and he made all pro teams in 7 seasons (7 more than Eli) but Eli is a lock.

I don't think anyone is guaranteeing right away, I'm not, but he will get in the HOF. Book it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nyjunc said:

We'll see, I have hope knowledgeable football people will be voting and they will look at more than just compiled garbage time numbers.

Politics, maybe.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I agree, that's the only way he'd get in.  He seriously doesn't belong in the discussion.  He's never been great, hopefully he doesn't get enshrined.  They have let others who are undeserving in but no one like Eli

He's a good Qb, and played in a tough division and Conference, more so than bro who played on his living room carpet.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He was good a long time ago, his division has been mostly weak and the conference has been better than the AFC in recent years but not the majority of his career.  You can make all the excuses you want, the man is 2 games over .500 as a starter, he has only 6 playoff apps and was one and done in 4 of them.

Peyton's divisions were as tough as the NFC east and when Peyton was at his peak the AFC was much better than the NFC. Please don't compare Eli to Peyton.

Please don't compmare the Afc to the NFC

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The AFC has been the much better conference during the Eli era.  The NFC has been better lately (not when NYG won those SBs) but overall the AFC has been better

Yet one team dominates the AFC.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No, these words were used in defense.  Like saying I bet some have been arrested.  As if that makes his arrest OK because I was arrested.  Doesnt change anything.  Saying he just messed around with someone because he couldnt turn the other cheek is a defense for doing something wrong too.  Its like two wrongs make a right.  

I keep saying it, but people keep ignoring it.  I like the player, dont like the personality and the little man bravado.  Thats the way I see it until or if he changes.  Not a big deal, hes not our QB I dont get the "defense" of his behavior when he isnt even on our team and never was an option for our team.  

You see, everyone has a different take. I don't a care about any other team or player they can all go screw. But, I give credit where credit where is due and I respect any player even if he just had a cup of coffee in any league. Bum, grocery packer etc. is BS talk, where did you play professionally, I think of the poster that posts those sorta comments. 

Baker is a fresh of breath air even if it stinks. The NFL has become a boring instant gratification whinny pussificated league.I liked characters like Joe Willy in a mink, Crazy Raider players, Jim McMahon with a Roselle headband, hell even an occasional Chad Johnson or T.O. rant or Portis dressing up a Mr. whatever. It added some fun to kill or be killed. Now its, collect a check, step out of bounds almost always bs. Work hard, play hard and have some fun that's what I liked so Baker keep entertaining, and suck it too.

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/11/2019 at 7:05 AM, HelenOfTroy said:

I’ll have to say, you guys are “different”.

The longest running thread of all time on our USC message board was “What is better than a wet Song Girl?”, 1,000+ pages of photos of the Song Girls over the years in different poses, lots of photos of them in their tight sweaters jumping into the lake in Tahoe (a tradition), into a pool for the charity “Swim with Mike” and anywhere in the world they’ve made an appearance representing the US and USC.

I’m definitely telling them about this QB fanboy stuff.  🤣

1992F367-30C9-43CF-B57B-EB2644BE5AD3.jpeg

Thread just got lil warmer.

• Like 1

42 pages on Big Mouth. Baker winning.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company