Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

59 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

What is Odell's take on this ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

eli manning GIF by ADWEEK

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I was surprised by the Monken news. I really don't think Kitchens will be able to handle this HC role. 

Surprised about Monken as well.  I mean, it's early so we can't really judge how this will go but let's not forget that Monken was relatively high on the Jets list of coaching candidates.  If I remember correctly, the Jets seemed to want Matt Rhule as HC and then push Monken on him on OC.  I may be wrong about that but it's just another indication of how the process was being run under Maccagnan for that coaching search.....was he likely looking for some subservient patsies and potential Yes men at the cost of accepting average coaches?

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I do not want to ban anyone. I enjoy most of your content. But ridiculing another member here without quoting or tagging him is just, simply, wrong. If you know he has you on ignore, ignore him, too. It's pretty easy. 

Can you please ban Baker Mayfield?

• Post of the Week 3

IMG_7454.thumb.jpg.53f1c5483d7405e8c7f92a6ff808d4e0.jpg

Ha! Is this guy a d-bag or what?

Good quarterback?  Sure.  Maybe even great someday!  But today....he's a complete douche. lol

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I would. Mayfield has shown in college and now in the pros to be a much better, higher caliber of quarterback than Sam Darnold.

There isnt a year that you can point to where you can honestly  "Look at this year...Sam was the better QB".

Based on that fact, it's clearly being a homer as to why you wouldnt trade straight up for a QB who for years has shown to be the more explosive and more consistent QB on the field. 

If I asked the question "why wouldnt you" I believe that the only answers you would provide would be based not in actual production but potential...such as "he's only 22 years old etc..."

The answers wouldnt be based on Sam actually being a better QB...because he's never shown to be a better QB at any time. 

Could it happen? Sure, but that's not the case right now. Sam Darnold isna bottom 10 QB in the league right now, which isnt bad for a 2nd year guy. Mayfield is a top 10-15 QB in this league after his rookie season.

I think Sam will be a much better pro than he was a college QB.  Some guys just don’t reveal themselves as much, particularly as 20 year olds, and it isn’t until they’ve had a couple years of maturity and GOOD coaching (unlike 2018 for Sam) that things start to click.  Nobody anticipated the trajectory of Tom Brady after his years at Michigan.  There was obviously a lot of runway still left for him.

In comparing Sam to Baker I have no idea who will be better long term, but I definitely get the sense that Baker is closer to his ceiling than Sam is to his ceiling. (No, that’s not a height joke :P )

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If he was the Jets QB (and almost was) you’d be eating this up for breakfast lunch and dinner. Everyone here would. 

Let him be who he is, I say. It’s fun and nice change for the NFL and Kraft era of snootery

That's an easy assumption to make but not true.  I'm not sure I want my QB doing photo shoots with dogs and tigers, and clowning around as much as this guy.  Listen, I get it....he's played great, hasn't gotten in trouble off the field (except for running from the cops in college), hasn't gotten in trouble on the field (again, except for college with crotch grabbing, etc.).  I just think this kind of stuff is cart-before-the-horse.  Win some more games, make the playoffs, then you chug beers on TV and hang out shirtless with tigers, showing your underwear while leaning on a car with suicide doors intentionally left open to show how cool they are.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Why aren't Sam and Baker both allowed to be great?  

Agreed, and both look like they could be, which will be an exciting thing for AFC football.

It's not very debatable that most analysts had Sam Darnold rated as a higher prospect than Baker Mayfield going into the Draft.  There's a lot of evidence on this.  But he obviously wasn't first on the Browns board and that's fine.  Were they 1 and 2....were they 1A and 1B?  We'll never really know but I think it benefited the Jets.

Now, as pros, the jury is still out.  Clearly, neither is a bust and both really seem to look the part of a potential franchise QB.  Mayfield had a better rookie year in terms of wins, stats, etc.  Whether that was due to him being a better QB than Darnold, having better coaching with Kitchens than Bowles/Bates, better surrounding talent, etc. can certainly be debated.  It could be that all of those things factored.

But we all know that these things take time to truly evaluate.  I'd say 3 full seasons of results should provide clarity to who the better NFL QB is and, now that Darnold seems to have better coaching and better weapons, we might actually have a fairly level playing field to compare these guys.

Last thought - It would be GREAT for the NFL (not particularly great for the Jets) to have all of these new, young QBs in the AFC really ascend. It reminds me of Marino, Elway, Kelly and O'Brien in the AFC in the mid-80's - 90's (9 Super Bowl appearances between them....none by the Jets).  Look at Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, DeShaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and even Andrew Luck (being relatively young still)......man, that's a crowded field of young QB potential.  Getting out of the AFC to a Super Bowl could be a real challenge over the next decade post-Brady.  But it will be fun!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slats said:

After one year of starting at the college level, Darnold entered his second season as the presumptive #1 pick in the NFL draft the following year. After Mayfield's first season as a college starter, not even @Villain The Foe was talking about his potential draft position. 

Mayfield had nearly twice the college starting experience that Darnold had. In addition to that, Sam was a high school LB turned QB. The fact that Mayfield hit the ground running is not surprising. What is surprising is that Darnold led the entire NFL in QBR (including the great Mayfield), throwing to a depleted receiving corps with his top two RBs sidelined over the last month of the season. Kid's a fast learner, and (was it you that said) probably a lot further from his ceiling than Mayfield is. 

Good memory.  I did, and I still think so.  (Again, Mayfield being closer to his ceiling wasn't a height joke either. :P )

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Damn. I never hear about the things Baker says until I log onto Jetnation. 

Kinda ironic, given that us Baker fans talk about the football that's played on the field. 

To all the Baker Fans out there, "False Alarm". I was thinking that he must have thrown 5 picks in a row at practice like Jimmy G. This is nothing but soap opera gossip. Should have known better than to think that this was about football. 

post GIF

:-) 

You really never hear anything about this guy unless you're at JN?  I think you're the only one.

I'm getting fricken ESPN alerts on my phone about this head case.  And no, I'm not setup to specifically follow the Browns on ESPN, these are just headline alerts.

IMG_7885.thumb.jpg.251eed5e08c91169353eab9872ec19f9.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

The only news that comes to my phone is crypto. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

Nicely done.  I actually got out my ASCII code table for reference.

Then you found out that it converts to...

absolutely nothing. lol

• Upvote 1

This guy can’t stay out of the news...

3EBFA7CD-FAA8-41BF-8E69-B5ADBC0FAD86.thumb.jpeg.599387d4fd10d89a2e999f13bc335d77.jpeg

“If the seminal 2009 rap song “Loyal” featuring Lil Wayne and Tyga by Chris Brown has taught us anything, it’s that these hoes ain’t loyal (those are rap lyrics, not my actual opinion, please take up your grievances with Mr. Brown).

Just as people were beginning to forget the sh*t storm of a season that former #1 overall NFL Draft pick Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns had this past year, some random chick named Kacie has come out of the woodwork on Twitter to slam the former Heisman Trophy winner and University of Oklahoma star by claiming she gave him “head” in his “back seat” (again, their words, not mine, kindly direct your frustration through the proper channels).

@kaciejdingess wasn’t done there, though, as not only did she let everyone know that Mayfield blocked her on Twitter and that she apparently gave him head, but she came ready with the receipts, as she tweeted what appears to be a video of Mayfield sending her a selfie on Snapchat.

63BE6EBF-14F9-415C-BFDD-A2601ED80DE3.jpeg.0009dd1b571271f6639cbd6e0ea99334.jpeg

While this is clearly a he-said vs. she-said scenario — leaving no way to determine what’s fact and what’s fiction — one thing is certainly true: whatever it is that Mayfield did to this girl, she’s prepared to pubically drag him for it on the internet.

Mayfield and his wife Emily Wilkinson got married in July of last year, so obviously, the Browns QB is going to have some explaining to do tonight regardless of what may or may not have actually happened.

Let this be a lesson to all of you young guns out there with a girlfriend: DELETE SNAPCHAT.“

BCB2911A-AAAE-4F22-94DC-E087E063ADBB.thumb.jpeg.63f9b91b7a03cb867b456fb3d87c2ab5.jpeg

99EA68CF-4AAA-4E86-B724-E1819D256732.thumb.png.eab4668e7eb12993d8b632398fe91652.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Could of been worse, my choice was Josh Rosen. Imagine him behind the Jets line..

I'm not afraid to raise my hand and say I had Rosen up there too.  I had Darnold and then 2A Rosen, 2B Mayfield.  What a train wreck it would have been if the Jets ended up with Rosen...and Mayfield, although much more talented, would likely be a walking implosion on the Jets.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO I saw this last night, and @Philc1 I swear I wanted to throw you a bone and tell you about it.

So here goes... go to BrownsBoard, they have a 15 minute radio interview with the girl talking about this on a radio show. Then another chick calls in saying the same thing. You're gonna LOVE it...

Pleeeeease tell me that Odell Beckham called in next! lol

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Me and Villain are in for a long day, LOL

Listening now.

This is ridiculous stuff.  How does this dude put himself in a situation like this?!?!? lol

Behind the Cheesecake Factory???

Drama Popcorn GIF

She (and her guy friend who was looking over her shoulder when Baker Snap'd messages/pics to her) say they can pick his D out of lineup. lol He's bent and they could identify him.

Can I just say this..... Sam Darnold deserves a HUGE apology from fans and the media for anything that was ever said about him getting the kissing disease at 22 years old.  Baker's getting BJs from bimbos in back of the Cheesecake Factory.  FFS!

Did anyone provide the link to this...

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55612-woman-claims-affair-with-married-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-full-interview/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's Jerry Springer level stufff….

Remember when you were his age? Then imagine you had millions in the bank, and beautiful women throwing themselves at you...

Hell, I never had the millions but it was really hard for me having the beautiful woman throwing themselves at me, so I can at least try to relate 🤔

I feel your pain.  All I can say is thank goodness there was no social media in the late 90's.... I'd be sending out d!ck pics like candy and filling every Inbox on campus....literally and figuratively. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Uh no.

Darnold got mono and blew up a season.

Mayfield, on the other hand, should be trying to parlay this into a Range Rover, or Cheesecake Factory endorsement deal. Maybe both.

So those two things aren't even remotely similar. (at least that's what I'm going with here)    😉

Ha!  Keep trying.  Don't put down our choir boy Sam Darnold for holding a girls hand under the Bleachers! :P  And you know why the season blew up last year.  Here's a hint....Rhymes with Bike Schakkagnen.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Still saying it.  Sam will have the best career out of anyone in his draft class

Trying to be objective here but I think there's a really good chance you're right.  None of those guys are perfect.  The concerns with Lamar are that his career gets cut short with an injury or teams eventually find a way to turn him one-dimensional.  With Allen I think he's raised his floor a tiny bit but he still looks clunky as a pocket passer and for every 75 yard bomb he completes he inexplicably overthrows a guy 7 yards away from him.  Baker is an enigma and if he had a bad season with while surrounded by guys like Chubb, OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Njoku, etc. and being coached by his hand-picked HC then I'm not sure it will get much better for him.

Darnold has flaws, mostly happy feet and the occasional turnover when he forces stuff because his team is almost always trailing.  I haven't seen him screw up too much when games are tied or the Jets have the lead (he went through a stretch of games where they were scoring on virtually every opening drive), but his flaws come out when he's pressing and tries to do too much.

I think Sam is the guy who still has the most well-rounded set of skills and talent, even if Lamar runs better or Allen has the canon arm.  But Sam also seems like the guy who, other than the Mono, has the least risk in all other areas of his game both on and off the field.  JMHO.

If I'm betting on next season I bet on Lamar.  If I'm betting over the next 8-10 seasons I'm betting on Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CTM said:

ESPN Cleveland suspended Grossi indefinitely. He believed he was off the air when he made a comment. After being presented with all the quarterbacks the Browns have passed on in recent years, Grossi responds by saying, “And who do we got? A f---ing midget.”

Oh geez. lol

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company