Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

7 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

THIS is the type of crap that drives me nuts.  will Mayfield be better than Darnold?  maybe, maybe not.  But man, I would not want this crap on my team!  so sick of years upon years of crap like this on our Jets.  Could you EVER see Darnold doing anything like this?  I mean the guy is borderline boring to be quite honest!!!

they try to mic him up during practice and you fall asleep!!  LOL

but yeah Mayfield...and just wait till OBJ gets going...

Darnold be like,” yeah man, I heard that, wish him the best.” 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Except he was that guy in college.  So he's wearing his hypocrite bandana proudly.  The moment things don't go his way, it's going to be glorious in CLE.  And with OBJ on that team, it's almost a certainty.  Popcorn loaded...

Do what I say Dan, not what I do. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Right or not may no matter if he's creating a rift in the locker room. 

I’m under the assumption majority of guys in the locker room are more interested in winning than feelings. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I agree but this is just OTAs... The season isn't close and this junk is already happening... Not saying I don't agree... Him sating that was basically like we are going to be great so anyone that doesn't want to be here GTFO... 

We get it... but if this little thing bothered you from the media... just wait until real rumblings start happening... thats when the true rifts in the locker room will start... or when they lose a game 50-45 and Mayfield calls out the defense. It's gonna be fun

All true but will be dependent on how many games they have won 50-45 as well. I do 100% agree if that things starts to burn it will burn hot, fast and ugly. 

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're suggesting that a QB can't win games unless he alienates some of his teammates by knocking a vet player? 

I’m suggesting winning cures all ills.  Qbs can be giant cock bags as long as they win. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And have 2 arms.

Yes, one to throw the ball and one to grab your crotch! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think so. This could turn into a pretty messy situation. I think Johnson is going to be there for the season and Baker should be smart enough to realize  this and stand behind his teammate.

I already said he probably shouldn’t have said it. The reality is they are there to play and win football games not be best friends. The majority of players are there to win football games , if one isn’t then the team is better off without them. Most guys know that and decide not to say it. But, again, still know it and act accordingly. If Baker is slinging that rock winning football games they  will soon forget whatever everyone thinks this is. 

19 minutes ago, jack48 said:

be nice if he actually manages to beat more than one tem with a winning record this year.  After all, they have so much talent.  He should keep his mouth shut.  And I hate when I see nonsense like he is a leading MVP candidate this year.  Look at the numbers.  I actually believe that Freddy is going to emcee a sh*t show there.

If he manages to what? He was a rookie and in his first appearance gave them their first win in a couple seasons. Beating us no less. Baker is a crotch grabbing, big mouthed gifted QB. Take the good with the bad, but the kid can play. Yes, little maturity, a little humility might be nice but I dare say Cleveland would take wins over that right now. Let’s see how this season go’s instead of acting like we know, because we don’t. 

41 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He won six games for the ******* Browns. If Darnold had won six games last year there are forum members numbering at least in the dozens who literally would have paid money to blow him.

@JiF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Brees was terrible early in his career.  He couldnt hold bakers jock after year 1.

Closer to Josh Rosen if we are being honest. 

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

baker was 1-6 against winning sides.  Lets not talk about holding jocks

Referring to the fact Rosen and Brees were both traded from the team that drafted them. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Brees was a free agent

Ok, but still replaced. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

"Compiler" - is legit, hands down, no close second place, the stupidest sh*t any human has come up with in a debate to try and diminish the efforts of an athlete who is paid to, you know, produce results. 

Better than one Super Bowl means more than two?

That’s straight up 3 year old covering their eyes during hide and seek thinking if they can’t see you, you can’t see them type shit right there. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

you really are a little douche bag who can't play with others.  Nyjunc is the perfect add on by you, you're similar in too many ways. 

Please don't name call. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m counting on Sam exceeding Mayfield, not many rookie QBs that made OROY, or in contention, succeeded as a top QB in the league.

No one knows, even the so-called “experts” - both the well paid, and the message board geniuses, thus foolish to be emphatic about a QB career.

I'm counting that you would be hard pressed to find someone here who didn't already know that. Aunt Helen. 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:29 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I would. Mayfield has shown in college and now in the pros to be a much better, higher caliber of quarterback than Sam Darnold.

There isnt a year that you can point to where you can honestly  "Look at this year...Sam was the better QB".

Based on that fact, it's clearly being a homer as to why you wouldnt trade straight up for a QB who for years has shown to be the more explosive and more consistent QB on the field. 

If I asked the question "why wouldnt you" I believe that the only answers you would provide would be based not in actual production but potential...such as "he's only 22 years old etc..."

The answers wouldnt be based on Sam actually being a better QB...because he's never shown to be a better QB at any time. 

Could it happen? Sure, but that's not the case right now. Sam Darnold isna bottom 10 QB in the league right now, which isnt bad for a 2nd year guy. Mayfield is a top 10-15 QB in this league after his rookie season.

Honestly nothing you say here isn't true for the most part. Yet, if I had the chance I would keep Sam and not trade him for Baker. Part of that is I'm a fat dumb homer and loved Sam from the beginning and it what it is. Ride or die with Sam Darnold baby! 

But, if there is a reason I would that reason would be how they react when they lose? I think Sam has the mental make up to take the good with the bad and we have already seen his ability to bounce back. Don;t get me wrong, I've told you before, Baker has been awesome and very well be a generational talent. My concern is he seems to be doing fine winning a few games, being a savior and breaking some rookie records. Whats he gonna be like when he eventually loses?

Maybe he will never lose and basically Brady up the league. But, chances are he will lose some games and may have a few difficult seasons. Last year was great for Cleveland but they are still Cleveland. The only concern I have about Baker would be his ability to stay up when he is down. I know, I know he went from college to college and became a starter in college and did very well up to be number one pick in the NFL draft. Yet, this is the NFL,, very few people have careers without some tough times. That would be my one concern about Baker. Honestly, really my only one,. So that's pretty damn good. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

tumblr_n0ut4caY4U1qc987yo2_500.gif

Tits of gtfo 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Illerate means you are unable to read or write.

it has nothing to do with using “your” correct or not you moron.

Hahahahahaha.  Cheese Frog!  Hahahahahaha.

Stop name calling. Thanks. 

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He just cant seem to STFU.

Its one idiotic comment a week Baker.  He can play, just cant get enough of himself.  WTF has he won?

He beat us and all of Cleveland got beer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im surprised the red headed stepchild fans on this board do not open a thread everytime mayfield takes a dump.

If they did you would still open it and still complain about it. So basically they are giving you a reason to exist. We all play our part. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Lions went 49-86 with Calvin Johnson on the roster.

They also wasted the career of possibly the best running back of all times. 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why are you complaining about Dan Pastorini?  IMO, I would put Calvin Johnson up as greatest WR of all time before I would put Barry up at RB.

Barry had people watching that team to just see him. Hell, half the people I met when he was posing wore any Lions swag would be sure it’s Barry they like not the Lions. Change greatest to gifted if it makes it easier to swallow. 

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We've seen the Baker vs Sam movie once already. Advantage Baker.

The sequel is coming out week 2. Stay tuned. It should be fun.

Cue the Baker is 5 years older, has way more talent around him, Sam is humble and has a higher ceiling remarks from the peanut gallery.  :-({|=

Sam has another year Under his belt  and a coaching staff that appears to be somewhat coherent. No excuses this time agreed. Let the ginger and the loudmouth fight it out. Can’t wait!! 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know what this is but it feels like a compliment. 

Or at least a night or two too remember 

Baker looked great at first too. He broke the rookie QB TD record. Big deal, little fella hit sophomore slump. Danial Jones is off to a hot start. Let it play play out. Sam has mono and an O line that plays like they got the osteoporosis. I find joy in nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, kelly said:

yup !.. Luv  OUR  guy ! !  😍

USATSI_11291906-e1555727531731.jpg?w=100

Nobody has blonde hair in this post. Progress?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:38 PM, kelly said:

dear Crusher, hi !.. btw, i hear OUR qb has no objections to..

Sam_Darnold_Girlfriend_Claire_Kirksey_ph

... blondes       😘

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

I don’t mind blondes. Married to one. It’s your creepy fascination with them that gives me them heeby jeebies. 

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Argggh 

Come on man. Progress is progress. To have any progress come out of last year is impressive. This team was decimated and he had mono but yet he improved by every metric. Albeit incrementally.  

You leave @Philc1 alone. it's not often he's the positive guy in the thread. :) 

Argggh? Nice. Spirit of the pirate in that beard. 

• Haha 1

I have a house, my house has a kitchen. That's were the magic happens. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

then what do you call what happens in the bathroom?

Wouldn't know, two years ago my family voted and they thought it would be better for everyone if I use the backyard for my facilities. 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

In @The Crushers case...Armageddon 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Wouldn't know, two years ago my family voted and they thought it would be better for everyone if I use the backyard for my facilities. 

not going to confirm or deny but that term may have or may not have been used in the discussions. 

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company