The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

I went to the Thursday night game in Cleveland last year when Baker killed us after taking Tyron Taylor out of the game with a concussion (god dammit Steve Mcclendon)

Stadium was crazy packed, all of the bars were giving out 1 free Bud light due to the team not winning a home game in like 500 or 700 days ?

I am not sure how many Browns fans ran up to us screaming "Dilly Dilly!" Ahhhh fun times being a Jets fan ...

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You hypocrites masturbate to a non-stop self-promoting strong safety with one career garbage-time interception but yes certainly a sassy 22 y/o QB who played like Drew Brees would certainly be beyond the pale. 

Astroglide, y'all.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

well yeah but even if he did the same - what did he go 7-7 during games he started?  so say he was with Jets and we went 8-8 AND he was talking all this crap?  oh man I'm getting REXingitus again....

He wasn’t going 8-8 with the roster and coach we had last year 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He wasn’t going 8-8 with the roster and coach we had last year 

well I didn't want to say that with all the Baker lovers on this forum, but I think we can all agree Baker had/has a MUCH better offense than Sam had here.  so there is NO WAY he was going to do better here than he did there.  I just gave the best case scenario, and even in that scenario (8-8) I would be cringing right now having him chirping all the time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

No doubt, but I would have a lot more emotional investment in how Mayfield turns out if the Jets actually had a chance to draft him. Since he was already gone when we picked Darnold, his level of success/failure is mostly unrelated to how I feel about the Jets taking Darnold.

This isn’t a Ken O Brien vs. Dan Marino Situation. 

Definitely agree that Allen or Rosen being better than Darnold would be way more of a big deal.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

No doubt, but I would have a lot more emotional investment in how Mayfield turns out if the Jets actually had a chance to draft him. Since he was already gone when we picked Darnold, his level of success/failure is mostly unrelated to how I feel about the Jets taking Darnold.

This isn’t a Ken O Brien vs. Dan Marino Situation. 

yet, i'm pretty sure Kosar had more success then O'Brien, in THAT SITUATION

tenor.gif?itemid=4946914

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You hypocrites masturbate to a non-stop self-promoting strong safety with one career garbage-time interception but yes certainly a sassy 22 y/o QB who played like Drew Brees would certainly be beyond the pale. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Cleveland, a wasteland with nothing to do.  Indians and Cavs?  

Giants have to compete with the Jets, Mets, Yankees, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Devils, Islanders for dollars. 

cavs won a title and Indians have been to series.

so, yeah.. the Jets have done what lately.......

lol the quote is such non-news fluff.

• Upvote 1

Hahahahahaha.  The jet fan base is totally clueless.  Execpt for me and a few others on this board.  And its getting worse.

Baker Mayfield is just like Jamal Adams, except that he matters.

This is so stupid. So just because he was trying to support one of his new teammates, he must have insulted Giants fans in the process? That's stupid. Just like Baker Mayfield, I also miss the outrage this is causing.

Joe Namath is why I became a Jets fan in 1964. I went against my grandfather and dad, who love/d the Giants when I did. For some reason Mayfield reminds me of him.

Dan Marino is the only other player I’ve wanted the Jets to draft as much as I wanted them to take Mayfield. I was sick when the Browns took him. I think he is going to be Namath, Marino good. ?

BTW I love his talking. He keeps backing it up. Just like some guy did for our team 50 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I will look at this one from a Browns fan perspective:

In a way, Mayfield was saying how great Browns fans are and Browns fans have to love that. Also, who cares about the Giants? Who cares about their fans? They don’t even play next year. 

Now from my perspective: 

Mayfield is like Rex. Rex was great and fun to watch when he was backing it up, and that attitude or “swagger” was contagious. Then it wasn’t. Also, who cares about the Giants? Who cares about their fans? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

Giants average attendance: 76,940 

Browns average attendance: 65,765

He's getting obnoxious. 

To be fair that's paid attendance not actual attendance.  Very few of the Giants games see actual attendance of that number.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The only thing he has in common with Brees is lack oh height.  

• Upvote 2