The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Record setting rookie season.  The guy can say anything he wants about Giant fans.  He is awesome!

Ugh, no he can't.

Rodgers doesn't even say shlt this stupid and gets criticized.  And he's had a career, not a decent 13 games. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The point is not who draws more, the point is Baker said something that is total BS. NYG fans come out to the stadium and care deeply for the team. 

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I come from a family of Giants fans, only my brother wasn't  upset they traded OBJ and his reasoning was that this will get us back to the SB. Baker was totally talking out of his rear end

In before  @Peace Frog and @Jet_Engine1 see this and start calling you a Giants fan...?

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Browns fans are some of the most passionate fans out there. 

The NY Metro area has twice the population of the entire state of Ohio. And 10X the population of the Cleveland metro area. Yes, the Giants have to compete with NYJ. But the NY market is a whole lot bigger that the Cleveland market.

And 1,000 more things to spend your money on. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You hypocrites masturbate to a non-stop self-promoting strong safety with one career garbage-time interception but yes certainly a sassy 22 y/o QB who played like Drew Brees would certainly be beyond the pale. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Baker Mayfield is just like Jamal Adams, except that he matters.

Guess we now know who can't see the difference between talking and attacking a teammate, an ex HC, Collin Herd, Giants fans all in less than a season. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Gonna be very curious to see if he can continue the same level of play now that the spotlight will be directly on him - and he puts it on himself a lot

Mayfield is good. Will most likely be able to handle the added spotlight. Odell was a terrible acquisition and will be perpetually unhappy. Coupled with a coach who shouldn’t be a head coach- gonna be tough for Baker to keep things moving forward.

*Browns do have a ton of talent and Myles Garrett will get defensive player of the year votes this season.

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I come from a family of Giants fans, only my brother wasn't  upset they traded OBJ and his reasoning was that this will get us back to the SB. Baker was totally talking out of his rear end

Giant fans think Eli is a Hall of famer, it's hard to take them seriously. Odell was a special talent who was frustrated playing with a bad QB.  It was a mistake to move him.  They would have had 2 experienced top players on their O this year and moving forward.

Baker was off only because pretty much every team struggles to attract fans when they stink.  Last year Cleveland had optimism with Baker so he didn't see the empty seats they had a year earlier or teams like the Giants (and Jets) have seen during these lean years.

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Giant fans think Eli is a Hall of famer, it's hard to take them seriously. Odell was a special talent who was frustrated playing with a bad QB.  It was a mistake to move him.  They would have had 2 experienced top players on their O this year and moving forward.

Baker was off only because pretty much every team struggles to attract fans when they stink.  Last year Cleveland had optimism with Baker so he didn't see the empty seats they had a year earlier or teams like the Giants (and Jets) have seen during these lean years.

It’s hard to take anyone seriously who doesn’t think the 2 time SB MVP who’s career stats make Joe Namath’s look like a joke doesn’t belong in the HOF.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1.  I'll bet anything Eli makes it into the HOF

2.  What does optimism have to do. With seeing empty seats?

3.  Jets won fewer games than the Giants, fewer than the Browns.  Outdrew both and were third in the NFL 

All facts, even Eli, no excuses please

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

cavs won a title and Indians have been to series.

so, yeah.. the Jets have done what lately.......

lol the quote is such non-news fluff.

WTF are you talking about?  Do you not understand the concept of the number of teams looking for you entertainment dollars is much bigger here than Cleveland?  

What does cavs wins or Indians contention once every 100 years have to do with anything.  Wasn't even close to the point

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s hard to take anyone seriously who doesn’t think the 2 time SB MVP who’s career stats make Joe Namath’s look like a joke doesn’t belong in the HOF.

Now you did it.  Luck, the D and full moons are why the Giants won.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF are you talking about?  Do you not understand the concept of the number of teams looking for you entertainment dollars is much bigger here than Cleveland?  

What does cavs wins or Indians contention once every 100 years have to do with anything.  Wasn't even close to the point

1.I pointed out your recent history  flaw and comparison of teams being winners.

2.All leagues are one entertainment  entity for profit. None of the owners care who wins.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Ohio guy?  He’s a Texas boy, through and through.  They do everything bigger in Texas.

But But he has to pander to the Ohio crowd. Bunch a every day  hard workin  men, don't' take no guff. Tell it like it is.

It' just a dumb quote and unless it' on video,  he probably  didn't even say it

11 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

1.I pointed out your recent history  flaw and comparison of teams being winners.

2.All leagues are one entertainment  entity for profit. None of the owners care who wins.

1.  You pointed out nothing.  I said the Giants have to deal and share the dollars with a large number of competing teams.  You told me that the Cavs won a championship.  What history flaw are you imagining here.  My point is still valid.  

2.  One sport and one sport only shares revenue.  That would be football.  Your point is what?  No one ever brought up winning,  brought up dollars 

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  You pointed out nothing.  I said the Giants have to deal and share the dollars with a large number of competing teams.  You told me that the Cavs won a championship.  What history flaw are you imagining here.  My point is still valid.  

2.  One sport and one sport only shares revenue.  That would be football.  Your point is what?  No one ever brought up winning,  brought up dollars 

1.lol

2 proves you don't  know s__ about the leagues. Do better  research. All leagues have some form of revenue  sharing. They are not  28, 32 etc separate  business. 

3. Stop  stalking me. I'm not attracted to you

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The ones we shouldn't take seriously are the ones that compare numbers of a QB in this era vs a QB in the 60s and 70s. Joe was at least great for a few years, Eli was never great.

The hall is for all time greats, Eli isn't even a great if his generation.  He's a compiler that ride 2 great defensive runs to SBs and won MVP awards he didn't deserve.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  I'll bet anything Eli makes it into the HOF

2.  What does optimism have to do. With seeing empty seats?

3.  Jets won fewer games than the Giants, fewer than the Browns.  Outdrew both and were third in the NFL 

All facts, even Eli, no excuses please

If intelligent people are on the committee Eli won't even get close.  He doesn't deserve to even be in the discussion.

When fans are optimistic they show up more.

We have a much later capacity than the browns so we should outdraw them.  I don't buy those numbers though and actual fans in the seats were nowhere near 77,000

9 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Mayfield talks way too much

absolutely.  Given a choice of which position it should be who talks too much, it's better to have your chatty safety take on that role rather than your QB. 

[edit: this is my 9000th post here?  Memo to self: Get a life.]

Giants fans really aren't that bad. At least in my experience. Always got along with them. And they beat the Pats twice. I'm a Yankee fan and will always root for the Mets (sans those 4-6 games per season) for '86 alone.

Why hate these other local teams? The only legit local beef is in the NHL. All 3 local teams in the same division. And... it's hockey. Best sport ever. I would say Knicks/Nets, but when are they ever good at the same time?

Mayfield gonna Mayfield. Great rookie season. I understand the 'swagger', what have you. They better be good this year though or they're going to get slaughtered in the press and online. 

• Upvote 1