The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

What the hell is this, a Baker Mayfield/Cleveland Browns forum?

Everytime I log on it's like I have to hear about Cleveland and their short QB. 

TBH ..it is nothing new here ... Many on this forum are insecure bunnies that worry more about other teams having excellent players and less about celebrating the undeniable.stars on the roster ....(see Jamal Adams for reference) ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

TBH ..it is nothing new here ... Many on this forum are insecure bunnies that worry more about other teams having excellent players and less about celebrating the undeniable.stars on the roster ....(see Jamal Adams for reference) ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using 

Given that Im a Baker and Adams fan, I thoroughly enjoy this. 

You know when a player has snatched a fan's sporting soul when fans dream of fake career ending injuries to be happy about. 

Aint that right @JiF? ?

I think ill have change my avatar again. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You do realize this is a staged photo shoot here right?

You know, and like how that isn’t really his pet tiger... and that isn’t his car...

Or do you just like saying “douche”?

Doesn't make him any less of a douche. 

You know when a player has snatched a fan's sporting soul when fans dream of fake career ending injuries to be happy about. 
Aint that right [mention=8521]JiF[/mention]?

Dude balled out last year for sure ... And he is surrounded by immense talent. I still believe there is.an implosion probability ... But until then he has owned Darnold. ... Doesn't make him any less of a douche ... The anti Jackson antics on the field speak to his assholeness. When he throws OBJ under the bus it will be fun to watch ... That is one thing that is certain ... And that mentality spreads like wildfire ... OBJ will throw Landry on the fire ... And so on and so on and so on ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Giants fans really aren't that bad. At least in my experience. Always got along with them. And they beat the Pats twice. I'm a Yankee fan and will always root for the Mets (sans those 4-6 games per season) for '86 alone.

Why hate these other local teams? The only legit local beef is in the NHL. All 3 local teams in the same division. And... it's hockey. Best sport ever. I would say Knicks/Nets, but when are they ever good at the same time?

Mayfield gonna Mayfield. Great rookie season. I understand the 'swagger', what have you. They better be good this year though or they're going to get slaughtered in the press and online. 

No bigger a-hole in the world than a New York “football” giants fan. Just a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Lol Eli isn’t an HOFer? Lol.

Two time SB MVP, beating the Pats twice in the SB and top 10 career QB numbers in almost every category. 

If Ben and Rivers are HOFers then Eli is a lock. 

Top 10 numbers because he's top 10 in attempts.  He's a compiler who has done most of his compiling in meaningless games.  He has earned only 2 pro bowls, never been on any all pro team, never led any major category other than INTs which he has done 3 times, he's led the Giants to missing the playoffs 8 of the last 10 seasons and by the end of this season he will be under .500 as a starting QB.

I think Rivers is also overrated but he's been to 8 pro bowls, been on 2 all pro teams, led the league in completions, comp %, yards, TDs and rating and is 28 games over .500 for his career compared to 2 for Eli.

It's not worth discussing Ben, he's so much better than Eli it's silly to discuss.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Aint that right @JiF? ?

Hey now!  I dont dream anything Baker Mayfield.  Those are exclusive to Sam Darnold. I sleep in my Sam Darnold boner pants. 

And I'm not wishing any harm onto Baker.  I just wouldnt feel the slightest bit of sorrow if Jachia Polite happenednto Joe Theisman him right out of the league.  I wouldnt clap or cheer, I would just simply grin and think to myself, couldnt have happened to a more deserving piece of sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

1.lol

2 proves you don't  know s__ about the leagues. Do better  research. All leagues have some form of revenue  sharing. They are not  28, 32 etc separate  business. 

3. Stop  stalking me. I'm not attracted to you

Answer with the answer that fits and don't tell me to stop responding.

youre the one who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.  Patting yourself on the back because throwing out that the Cavs won with LeBron adds anything to the equation.  Once more, WTF are you talking about.  Has nothing to do with anything.  And doesn't change the fact that the Giants outdrew the Browns by more than 10,000 per game. 

But you're in the mood to argue just for the troll of it

10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

If intelligent people are on the committee Eli won't even get close.  He doesn't deserve to even be in the discussion.

When fans are optimistic they show up more.

We have a much later capacity than the browns so we should outdraw them.  I don't buy those numbers though and actual fans in the seats were nowhere near 77,000

I'll bet anything you want right now that Eli gets in.  And you whine and cry about the travesty of it all, posting meaningless stats that change and add nothing to the conversation.  Spinning as each counter comes in.  As in he doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation.  Yes, 2 SBs, 2 SB MVPs, top stats pretty much across the board, ridiculously long streak of not missing a game, etc, but not in the conversation.

Now back to more nonsense.  Why should the Giants outdraw the Browns by more than 10,000 per because of the stadium size?  This is nonsense given neither sells out every seat, not like the Browns ran out of seats.  Neither completely sold out.  That reasoning is totally wrong.

And how the hell, even if true, does it make the idea that Giants fans didn't come out to root but Browns fans did?  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Answer with the answer that fits and don't tell me to stop responding.

youre the one who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.  Patting yourself on the back because throwing out that the Cavs won with LeBron adds anything to the equation.  Once more, WTF are you talking about.  Has nothing to do with anything.  And doesn't change the fact that the Giants outdrew the Browns by more than 10,000 per game. 

But you're in the mood to argue just for the troll of it

Didn’t the Browns have a higher attendance percentage? 

More importantly since this is a Jets message board and not the Giants or Browns. The Jets had the 2nd highest attendance by numbers and a higher percentage then the Giants. 

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Didn’t the Browns have a higher attendance percentage? 

More importantly since this is a Jets message board and not the Giants or Browns. The Jets had the 2nd highest attendance by numbers and a higher percentage then the Giants. 

yes they did, covers the smaller stadium.

But Baker said Browns fans come out to root, Giants fans dont support the team.  More than 10,000 Giants fans show up, buy tickets.  So youre not making a relevant point

The thread was clearly labeled BMayfield and comments he made about the NY Giants so the Jets attendance while better is actually pretty irrelevant

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

yes they did, covers the smaller stadium.

But Baker said Browns fans come out to root, Giants fans dont support the team.  More than 10,000 Giants fans show up, buy tickets.  So youre not making a relevant point

The thread was clearly labeled BMayfield and comments he made about the NY Giants so the Jets attendance while better is actually pretty irrelevant

It’s a Jets board so it’s completely relevant and Mayfield is a dipshit that wouldn’t make it in NY. 

20 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

this.  I can understand the Browns fans hating on Darnold, because they COULD have had him; or us hating on Josh Allen for the same reason.  but makes no sense for us to hate on Mayfield - for his on field performance- because he was not available to us.  dead issue. 

now this off field crap - another story.  I'm sure a lot of Jets fans were thinking (like I was) that Sam would go #1, and that we would get Mayfield.  I know I was trying to talk myself into it:  "I know he's a total a$$hole, but he'll grow up" etc etc.  and seeing stuff like this, I think "man, we dodged a bullet!"

If he was a Jet, people would be tying themselves in knots here to defend him. Such is fandom.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Joe Namath is why I became a Jets fan in 1964. I went against my grandfather and dad, who love/d the Giants when I did. For some reason Mayfield reminds me of him.

Dan Marino is the only other player I’ve wanted the Jets to draft as much as I wanted them to take Mayfield. I was sick when the Browns took him. I think he is going to be Namath, Marino good. ?

BTW I love his talking. He keeps backing it up. Just like some guy did for our team 50 years ago.

Funny how Jet fans tut-tut this kinda stuff when the most iconic Jet player ever had the biggest mouth in history.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

If he was a Jet, people would be tying themselves in knots here to defend him. Such is fandom.

I can only speak for myself, but I agree.  I have mentioned this on this very thread a few times:  draft 2018, I was convinced Darnold was going #1.  I was trying to pump myself up for Baker: "yeah he's really short, but it's ok"...."yeah he's a f#$%ing a$$hole, but it's ok, he'll grow up".  As a long suffering Jets fan I am just SO SICK AND TIRED of having to defend the "bad character" guys the Jets always used to bring in here.

driving 100 mph while high, and a kid in the backseat with a friggin gun in the car....starting QB who gets punched in the face BY HIS TEAMMATE over a small amount of $$$.  etc etc etc  Just sick of it!

Is this Baker stuff the end of the world?  no.  certainly not for the Browns, but I would be in the fetal position right now if he was our QB and doing this crap.

1 minute ago, sackdance said:

Hopefully we can go 2-0 vs. Browns and Giants this season. 

Do the Giants ever play the Jets as a home game? Would have been nice to been the away squad this year.

yes, it switches each time.  they were home in 2015; they will be home again next time in 2023.

15 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Giant fans think Eli is a Hall of famer, it's hard to take them seriously. Odell was a special talent who was frustrated playing with a bad QB.  It was a mistake to move him.  They would have had 2 experienced top players on their O this year and moving forward.

Baker was off only because pretty much every team struggles to attract fans when they stink.  Last year Cleveland had optimism with Baker so he didn't see the empty seats they had a year earlier or teams like the Giants (and Jets) have seen during these lean years.

I would guarantee Eli makes it to the HOF. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Top 10 numbers because he's top 10 in attempts.  He's a compiler who has done most of his compiling in meaningless games.  He has earned only 2 pro bowls, never been on any all pro team, never led any major category other than INTs which he has done 3 times, he's led the Giants to missing the playoffs 8 of the last 10 seasons and by the end of this season he will be under .500 as a starting QB.

I think Rivers is also overrated but he's been to 8 pro bowls, been on 2 all pro teams, led the league in completions, comp %, yards, TDs and rating and is 28 games over .500 for his career compared to 2 for Eli.

It's not worth discussing Ben, he's so much better than Eli it's silly to discuss.

Eli is going into the Hall of Fame.