The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll bet anything you want right now that Eli gets in.  And you whine and cry about the travesty of it all, posting meaningless stats that change and add nothing to the conversation.  Spinning as each counter comes in.  As in he doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation.  Yes, 2 SBs, 2 SB MVPs, top stats pretty much across the board, ridiculously long streak of not missing a game, etc, but not in the conversation.

Now back to more nonsense.  Why should the Giants outdraw the Browns by more than 10,000 per because of the stadium size?  This is nonsense given neither sells out every seat, not like the Browns ran out of seats.  Neither completely sold out.  That reasoning is totally wrong.

And how the hell, even if true, does it make the idea that Giants fans didn't come out to root but Browns fans did?  

Eli is going into the Hall of Fame. 

That dude has an irrational hate for Peyton, Eli and Namath. 

Pathological. 

• Upvote 1

Will Eli make the HoF? Yes

Would he only be making it based on his superbowls? Yes

I support him as a Hall of Famer, but definitely not first ballot. He's never led the league in a category other than picks, which he's done 3 times. He's never been a top 5 QB in any season. He's never made an all pro. He's sucked in every playoff appearance that wasn't 2007 or 11. If the Giants go 6-10 or worse next year (which they've done the last 3 seasons), he'll have a career record under .500. 

He's been the definition of consistently average his entire career. His season averages are average. His career record is average. However 07', and 11' were historically magical runs that should get him in. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Anyone else find it bizarre how the Millenial jets fans have adopted the Browns as their team?

I am 40 years removed from being a millennial and I haven’t “adopted” the Browns as my team but I’m sick and tired of watching the Pats and Steelers and Seattle and a whole host of other teams dominate the NFL landscape. 

Looking for some new blood. 

Jets 1000%. 

Ive never had a reason to hate the Browns (other than the Gastineau game) so I’m looking forward to building a rivalry. 

Loved Sam I’m college- clearly the best college QB since Luck IMHO and Baker was my number 2 out of that draft.

So sue me.

I would NEVER root for the Browns over the Jets but if they start to beat up NE and PITT?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I am 40 years removed from being a millennial and I haven’t “adopted” the Browns as my team but I’m sick and tired of watching the Pats and Steelers and Seattle and a whole host of other teams dominate the NFL landscape. 

Looking for some new blood. 

Jets 1000%. 

Ive never had a reason to hate the Browns (other than the Gastineau game) so I’m looking forward to building a rivalry. 

Loved Sam I’m college- clearly the best college QB since Luck IMHO and Baker was my number 2 out of that draft.

So sue me.

I would NEVER root for the Browns over the Jets but if they start to beat up NE and PITT?

This 100%

Plus I’ve loved Mayfield from the day he planted the Sooner flag on the “O” at Ohio St. He’s a ball breaker, but I like that...

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This 100%

Plus I’ve loved Mayfield from the day he planted the Sooner flag on the “O” at Ohio St. He’s a ball breaker, but I like that...

That’s the thing I think people don’t get. He’s a total ball breaker and doesn’t give 2 sh*ts about what people think of him and that’s part of what makes him who he is. And he’s a supremely talented QB so he’ll be able to both talk the talk and walk the walk. 

Still much prefer Sam but I’m going to enjoy watching Mayfield. 

Him grabbing his crotch and cursing across the field against a-holes that wouldn’t shake captains hands before the game was the perfect Mayfield reaction. “You’re going to f*ck with me, I’m going to beat your ass and rub your nose in it!”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Funny how Jet fans tut-tut this kinda stuff when the most iconic Jet player ever had the biggest mouth in history.

No he didn't.  For saying he guaranteed a win?

Other than that he talked but didn't shlt on people, teammates, ex coaches, media people, fan bases.  He talks a lot more trash.

But as you said, such is fandom.  Almost always true

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

Will Eli make the HoF? Yes

Would he only be making it based on his superbowls? Yes

I support him as a Hall of Famer, but definitely not first ballot. He's never led the league in a category other than picks, which he's done 3 times. He's never been a top 5 QB in any season. He's never made an all pro. He's sucked in every playoff appearance that wasn't 2007 or 11. If the Giants go 6-10 or worse next year (which they've done the last 3 seasons), he'll have a career record under .500. 

He's been the definition of consistently average his entire career. His season averages are average. His career record is average. However 07', and 11' were historically magical runs that should get him in. 

First ballot is meaningless if football.  It's not like baseball

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Dude balled out last year for sure ... And he is surrounded by immense talent. I still believe there is.an implosion probability ... But until then he has owned Darnold. ... Doesn't make him any less of a douche ... The anti Jackson antics on the field speak to his assholeness. When he throws OBJ under the bus it will be fun to watch ... That is one thing that is certain ... And that mentality spreads like wildfire ... OBJ will throw Landry on the fire ... And so on and so on and so on ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I hear Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers are total arseholes as well. 

Also, the only thing that will make certain that players throw on another under buses is losing. I highly doubt that certainty if they're winning games. And putting it in that perspective, that situation would seem no different than many other situations with losing teams. 

OBJ has been in the league for years, yet has one winning season under his belt. Look at the talk and throwing under buses that went onn with Bell and AB with the Steelers last year, and that's a team that usually wins. 

This is the norm. Mayfield wont be the last arsehole QB  with a generational arm to be drafted to the league. 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

First ballot is meaningless if football.  It's not like baseball

Yeah first ballot really doesn’t mean anything. 

No one is saying he’s going into the wing with Montana or Unitas or Peyton or Marino or Elway or Otto Graham. 

But he’s getting a yellow jacket.

He’ll be in the wing with Bradshaw and Griese and Blanda and Dawson and the like. Probably all better QBs but a level below. 

Now watch some jerkoff research all of those guys and write chapter and verse why they all deserve it and Eli doesn’t. 

I love doing this ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

For me, it’s Andrew Luck vs Sam.  Don’t really care about the other QBs as rivals.

Continuing the USC-Stanford rivalry in the pros I see, LOL.

I personally don't consider that a real rivalry considering the gap in age/experience/etc.

Darnold vs Rosen is the real rivalry lol

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Answer with the answer that fits and don't tell me to stop responding.

youre the one who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.  Patting yourself on the back because throwing out that the Cavs won with LeBron adds anything to the equation.  Once more, WTF are you talking about.  Has nothing to do with anything.  And doesn't change the fact that the Giants outdrew the Browns by more than 10,000 per game. 

But you're in the mood to argue just for the troll of it

Nope, you still have no clue what YOU are talking about. I win! As usual. Youre welcome. 

56 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Nope, you still have no clue what YOU are talking about. I win! As usual. Youre welcome. 

Go away then.

Was a simple statement that you just cant seem to decipher and that makes it on you .

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Pathological. 

Does it to try and elevate the love of his life, the one and only star QB of the Jets, Mark Sanchez.

He loves the Taco

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll bet anything you want right now that Eli gets in.  And you whine and cry about the travesty of it all, posting meaningless stats that change and add nothing to the conversation.  Spinning as each counter comes in.  As in he doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation.  Yes, 2 SBs, 2 SB MVPs, top stats pretty much across the board, ridiculously long streak of not missing a game, etc, but not in the conversation.

Now back to more nonsense.  Why should the Giants outdraw the Browns by more than 10,000 per because of the stadium size?  This is nonsense given neither sells out every seat, not like the Browns ran out of seats.  Neither completely sold out.  That reasoning is totally wrong.

And how the hell, even if true, does it make the idea that Giants fans didn't come out to root but Browns fans did?  

He does not have top stats, he has good compiled numbers.  What do you not understand about not leading any major category other than INTs (THREE times), only earning 2 pro bowls, never making ANY all pro team.  That is where greatness stands out not because you led your O to 17 & 19 points to win 2 super bowls.

Don't the browns have a higher capacity sold than the Giants?  I couldn't care less about this browns- Giants thing by the way.  Both have good fanbases

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I would guarantee Eli makes it to the HOF. 

It would be the biggest sham in the history of the hall, a total disgrace.  They have let undeserving players in before and they will again especially with that last name but he doesn't even belong in the discussion.  The Hall is supposed to be for the greatest players of all time, I have yet to see one person state a case why Eli is one of the greatest QBs of all time.  Because his D carried him to two SBs and he won MVPs he didn't deserve is not enough to get enshrined in the hall.

If he makes it he will be the ONLY QB to have never made a single all pro team, he will be the only 2 time QB champ that never led his O to at least 20 points in either SB.  

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He does not have top stats, he has good compiled numbers.  What do you not understand about not leading any major category other than INTs (THREE times), only earning 2 pro bowls, never making ANY all pro team.  That is where greatness stands out not because you led your O to 17 & 19 points to win 2 super bowls.

Don't the browns have a higher capacity sold than the Giants?  I couldn't care less about this browns- Giants thing by the way.  Both have good fanbases

So now its hes a compiler.  Gotcha  

I guess, you know because he played 15 seasons.  Makes sense.  We should penalize all of the tough as nails QB who have played in the league.

3,700 yards per on average.  Over 15 years.  What a fraud, LOL.

24 TDs, per on average.  16 INTs per.   Both compiled too?

7th ranked all time yardage numbers, same ranking for completions, with similar ranked passing attempts. Compiled?  Nope

9th most game winning drives, a favorite of yours

You need to get over your obsession, youre Giants envy is pointless, hes going into the HOF.  

Because he deserves to

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah first ballot really doesn’t mean anything. 

No one is saying he’s going into the wing with Montana or Unitas or Peyton or Marino or Elway or Otto Graham. 

But he’s getting a yellow jacket.

He’ll be in the wing with Bradshaw and Griese and Blanda and Dawson and the like. Probably all better QBs but a level below. 

Now watch some jerkoff research all of those guys and write chapter and verse why they all deserve it and Eli doesn’t. 

I love doing this ?

Bradshaw: won a league MVP, led league in TDs, made 3 all pro teams, led O to over 30 pts in 2 different SBs while winning his 2 SB MVPs , 2nd team all decade team of the 70s, 56 games over .500 as a starter.  Eli never won a league MVP (never received a single vote), never made an all pro team, led his O to 17 & 19 pts in his 2 SB MVP years, Eli is 2 games over .500 as a starter.

Griese earned 8 pro bowls (Eli 2), made 5 all pro teams- multiple 1st team (Eli made zero), won a league MVP and player of the year award (Eli zero), led league in TDs and rating (Eli nope).

Blanda is not a fair comparison because he made it for his kicking as well but despite this he led league in completions 4 times, yards twice, TDs once, rating once, won multiple player of the year award- all things Eli never did. 

Dawson earned 7 pro bowls, all decade team for the 60s, made 5 all pro teams including multiple 1st team selections, led league in comp % 8 times, TDs 4 times, rating 6 times.

As you can obviously see Eli doesn't belong anywhere near these real hall of famers.

I love doing this.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So now its hes a compiler.  Gotcha  

I guess, you know because he played 15 seasons.  Makes sense.  We should penalize all of the tough as nails QB who have played in the league.

3,700 yards per on average.  Over 15 years.  What a fraud, LOL.

24 TDs, per on average.  16 INTs per.   Both compiled too?

7th ranked all time yardage numbers, same ranking for completions, with similar ranked passing attempts. Compiled?  Nope

9th most game winning drives, a favorite of yours

You need to get over your obsession, youre Giants envy is pointless, hes going into the HOF.  

Because he deserves to

It's not now it's always been that way.  He has nice compiled numbers but never leads in individual seasons, most of his seasons the last decade were over by October and he puts up meaningless numbers that impress folks that don't watch him play.

He's 6th all time in attempts, he should be top at least 6 in every category. He's never led any major category other than INTs 3 times, he's only earned 2 pro bowls, never made a single all pro team, never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20 points, led team to missing playoffs 8 of last 10 seasons, is only 2 games over .500 as a starter.

He's not a Hall of famer, he's a compiler that feasts on garbage time with big time talent around him.

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Eli is going into the Hall of Fame. 

Pathological. 

That dude knows QBs and no matter how many times you guys want to make things up it doesn't change that.  

I knock Peyton in regards to Brady in the discussion for best of all time.

I knock namath because his career was overrated but be belongs in the hall because of what he meant to the game.

I knock Eli because he was never great and the Hall is for the greatest, it's not a lifetime participation award.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Does it to try and elevate the love of his life, the one and only star QB of the Jets, Mark Sanchez.

He loves the Taco

He’s a freak. That and the faux-UNC thing is so creepy. 

But anyway, Eli Manning is going into the Hall of Fame. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It would be the biggest sham in the history of the hall, a total disgrace.  They have let undeserving players in before and they will again especially with that last name but he doesn't even belong in the discussion.  The Hall is supposed to be for the greatest players of all time, I have yet to see one person state a case why Eli is one of the greatest QBs of all time.  Because his D carried him to two SBs and he won MVPs he didn't deserve is not enough to get enshrined in the hall.

If he makes it he will be the ONLY QB to have never made a single all pro team, he will be the only 2 time QB champ that never led his O to at least 20 points in either SB.  

What are you talking about? I don't  like Eli and I don't like the Giants but the helmet catch is one of the most memorable  passes ever thrown in a SB. Don't  blame Eli for the WR making the catch 100x harder than it had to be, but he got the ball there and got it there under pressure. He also threw the winning TD pass to Plaxico. 

Eli also topped 3k yards many times in his career

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's not now it's always been that way.  He has nice compiled numbers but never leads in individual seasons, most of his seasons the last decade were over by October and he puts up meaningless numbers that impress folks that don't watch him play.

He's 6th all time in attempts, he should be top at least 6 in every category. He's never led any major category other than INTs 3 times, he's only earned 2 pro bowls, never made a single all pro team, never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20 points, led team to missing playoffs 8 of last 10 seasons, is only 2 games over .500 as a starter.

He's not a Hall of famer, he's a compiler that feasts on garbage time with big time talent around him.

This might be the worst spin i've read here against a QB, that once again, almost everyone knows is going into the HOF.

Hes steady, in the top 10 statistically year in and year out, is going to end off top 5 in most categories and you think that he hasnt led enough times it changes anything?  

4 pro bowls

Never won without a D, weep, weep, weep.  

Only 2 games over .500.  Cant have that.  Hes responsible.  Just have to say, youre annoying for so many different reasons here.  But this Eli thing is crazy.  I want to recap your fine use of logic.  Didnt score enough in playoff wins, thats the worst line of thinking

Eli gets no credit for SB wins, its the D, coaching, whatever.

Dont make the playoffs, its Elis fault. 

Cant go on, once again youre embarrassing yourself, this is silly and as I said, I'll bet anything you want, right now, easy as can be, i say he going in, you will lose taking the other side.  

Like taking candy from a baby

2 hours ago, King P said:

Continuing the USC-Stanford rivalry in the pros I see, LOL.

I personally don't consider that a real rivalry considering the gap in age/experience/etc.

Darnold vs Rosen is the real rivalry lol

Lol, true....but our real rival - has been since 1925, is Notre Dame, not fUCLA.  SC traveled across the country by train to get our a** kicked by the Domers for decades.  

But there is that little edge between USC and Stanford, the battle of the privates.  Both Andrew and Sam don’t talk, they let others do the talking.