The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

"Compiler" - is legit, hands down, no close second place, the stupidest sh*t any human has come up with in a debate to try and diminish the efforts of an athlete who is paid to, you know, produce results. 

Better than one Super Bowl means more than two?

That’s straight up 3 year old covering their eyes during hide and seek thinking if they can’t see you, you can’t see them type shit right there. 

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, I would take Eli and all of his stats over having a QB like Marino who lit up the record books and never won a SB. 2 rings for Eli. End of story. 

You are insane then.  Put Marino on those Giants teams and they are a dynasty.  They wouldn't have been sneaking into the playoffs as a WC or 9-7 weak division winner.

Dan Marino played on most weak teams and was 147-93 as a starter, Eli is 116-114. Marino once led his O to 34 points in a playoff game and lost.  

Eli over Dan Marino ????

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Rivers has been a Peyton like postseason performer but he's been a top notch consistent QB over 16 games a year.  The truly best do it in both reg and postseason but doing it consistently each year over 16 games is more impressive than having a good few games in January where your D dominates making it easy for you.

Top notch performers over 16 games a year don't go a decade between 10+ win seasons. Rivers has also led the league in interceptions a couple times. He's had a nice career, but never won the big one. He's not a HoF'er. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

"Compiler" - is legit, hands down, no close second place, the stupidest sh*t any human has come up with in a debate to try and diminish the efforts of an athlete who is paid to, you know, produce results. 

He's paid to produce results when they matter, he's 2 games over .500 as a starting QB.  We don't care that he "lights it up" down 20 in the 4th or late in seasons when the team has no chance at the playoffs.  He's spent the majority of his career playing in meaningless games putting up meaningless numbers, he's never even been in the discussion for best QBs of this era yet he's one of the best of all time.

Let's not forget the rules to favor pass O started in 2004 which was Eli's rookie season.  His numbers on an annual basis are not impressive, he's a compiler.

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre a baby who always runs back to "youre attacking me" 

Keep trolling, arguing and coming back to me and everyone else with all of your pointless, baseless arguments driven by jealousy or hatred, whichever it is.

Foles has nothing to do with Manning.  Youre actually trying to make a point that a mostly backup QB has a better anything than Eli and his career to make a nonsensical point.  Yes, when you keep comparing Foles and his one SB run on a team that when he took over because of injury was a SB favorite.  Had, get this, a superior D.  

Eli is top 10 career wise in every single category that counts.  In games played, he 99.  So the compiler nonsense youre now selling is just as pointless as your Foles comparison.  A lot of wind that you'll soon go away from and then spin into a different pointless counter.   Or try to diminish what he did in the season by bringing up 20 INTS.  Who F'n cares.

Because no matter how many times you say it, no matter how many meaningless numbers or comparisons  like Foles you you bring up for some reason, the truth is Eli will go to the HOF and Foles will need to buy a ticket to get in.

Stop the trolling, you suck at it, its time to move on.  

Jets didnt deserve their SB, Namath wasnt that good outside of a year, Favre was awful in NY....

Yes, I'm the baby.  Not the one that does nothing but attack me because he can't put together a legitimate argument.

Once again, Eli is top 10 in all things categories because he has played his entire career in this pass happy era where the rules favor pass O and on top of that he's SIXTH all time in pass ATTEMPTS.

Here comes the part where you make things up.  I never said the Jets didn't deserve the SB, I said they had the easiest road to the SB- you know only needing one home playoff game to get there against a team that had to play another playoff game after having a better record than the Jets and beating them.

I also said namath was great (unlike Eli) for a few years but because of injuries he wasn't great for long?  Where am I wrong with any of this?

Favre was not good here, he cost us a legit SB chance in a down year for the NFL.  He couldn't even get us to the playoffs while our discarded QB took a 1 win team and won the division.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Top notch performers over 16 games a year don't go a decade between 10+ win seasons. Rivers has also led the league in interceptions a couple times. He's had a nice career, but never won the big one. He's not a HoF'er. 

I don't believe he should be a Hall of famer either, my point is he was much better than Eli.

Rivers 118-90 as a starter, Eli 116-114.  He has more wins than Eli despite 22 less starts.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't believe he should be a Hall of famer either, my point is he was much better than Eli.

Rivers 118-90 as a starter, Eli 116-114.  He has more wins than Eli despite 22 less starts.

I've already stated in this thread -a couple times- that Rivers has been the better QB of the two. On the point of the HoF, though, Eli is ahead (IMHO) because of the hardware. No matter how you choose to rationalize them, the man still has two rings, and two Super Bowl MVPs. 

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Peace frog is a fake /troll account.  If you are agreeing with him that's not a good thing.

Compared to your rants?

He could be dead and I'd agree with him over one of these so and so is lucky hijackings by you

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yes, I'm the baby.  Not the one that does nothing but attack me because he can't put together a legitimate argument.

Please, in simple form, none of the convoluted spins you run to, find the argument from me thats not legit.  He WILL be in the HOF, he HAS won TWO SBs.  Hes in the top 10 of every single offensive catagory that a QB should care about.  Except games played, cracks the top 100 by one.  But to you that spells compiler and me lacking a legitimate argument.  As opposed to you, who takes a SB away because of one pass you think shouldnt count or because the D played well.

Interesting take 

Oh yes, the attacking that you constantly whine about to everyone who doesnt agree with your trolling posts?  The type that got you banned from Finheaven and GangGreen message boards.  But I shouldnt agree with someone here like Peacefrog? 

14 minutes ago, slats said:

I've already stated in this thread -a couple times- that Rivers has been the better QB of the two. On the point of the HoF, though, Eli is ahead (IMHO) because of the hardware. No matter how you choose to rationalize them, the man still has two rings, and two Super Bowl MVPs. 

He's a modern day Jim plunkett.  They didn't win either SB because of Eli and he didn't deserve either MVP.  The hall is for the greatest players of all time not busy for players who won championships.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Compared to your rants?

He could be dead and I'd agree with him over one of these so and so is lucky hijackings by you

My rants are fact based, I don't spend my time hurling insults at you.  I simply counter your arguments.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Please, in simple form, none of the convoluted spins you run to, find the argument from me thats not legit.  He WILL be in the HOF, he HAS won TWO SBs.  Hes in the top 10 of every single offensive catagory that a QB should care about.  Except games played, cracks the top 100 by one.  But to you that spells compiler and me lacking a legitimate argument.  As opposed to you, who takes a SB away because of one pass you think shouldnt count or because the D played well.

Interesting take 

Oh yes, the attacking that you constantly whine about to everyone who doesnt agree with your trolling posts?  The type that got you banned from Finheaven and GangGreen message boards.  But I shouldnt agree with someone here like Peacefrog? 

He's 6th in attempts, lower in every other . Of the top 10 in career attempts, 8 of them have played in Eli's era.  That should tell you something.

In active games played for QBs he's 3rd all time behind only Brady and Brees- want to compare his career to those guys? In all time games played he's 9th for primary QBs.

I don't take any SBs away, they won them and they earned them but you get a little more credit as a QB needing to score 41 rather than 17 & 19.  He played well in both SB runs but doesn't win either without incredible defense.

Keep attacking me, it shows how poor your argument is.

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's paid to produce results when they matter, he's 2 games over .500 as a starting QB.  We don't care that he "lights it up" down 20 in the 4th or late in seasons when the team has no chance at the playoffs.  He's spent the majority of his career playing in meaningless games putting up meaningless numbers, he's never even been in the discussion for best QBs of this era yet he's one of the best of all time.

Let's not forget the rules to favor pass O started in 2004 which was Eli's rookie season.  His numbers on an annual basis are not impressive, he's a compiler.

Once again, Eli is top 10 in all things categories because he has played his entire career in this pass happy era where the rules favor pass O and on top of that he's SIXTH all time in pass ATTEMPTS.

Here comes the part where you make things up.  I never said the Jets didn't deserve the SB, I said they had the easiest road to the SB- you know only needing one home playoff game to get there against a team that had to play another playoff game after having a better record than the Jets and beating them.

I also said namath was great (unlike Eli) for a few years but because of injuries he wasn't great for long?  Where am I wrong with any of this?

Favre was not good here, he cost us a legit SB chance in a down year for the NFL.  He couldn't even get us to the playoffs while our discarded QB took a 1 win team and won the division.

I think the most surprising thing about this entire debate is that people actually continue to respond the stupidity you present in these terribly boring arguments. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's a modern day Jim plunkett.  They didn't win either SB because of Eli and he didn't deserve either MVP.  The hall is for the greatest players of all time not busy for players who won championships.  

My rants are fact based, I don't spend my time hurling insults at you.  I simply counter your arguments.

Fact6t based.

In the same post that you make the worst comparison, worse than Foles by calling Eli the modern day Plunkett.

Theres total BS that you just have to spin to after drying up another total BS comparison.

Its what you do.

And cry about attacks

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's 6th in attempts, lower in every other . Of the top 10 in career attempts, 8 of them have played in Eli's era.  That should tell you something.

In active games played for QBs he's 3rd all time behind only Brady and Brees- want to compare his career to those guys? In all time games played he's 9th for primary QBs.

I don't take any SBs away, they won them and they earned them but you get a little more credit as a QB needing to score 41 rather than 17 & 19.  He played well in both SB runs but doesn't win either without incredible defense.

Keep attacking me, it shows how poor your argument is.

Pure drivel.

Total excuse making.

Wait, youre new attempt at logic is he isnt Brees or Brady?  One is the GOAT and the other might be if not for the other.

What a compelling case.  So those are the only two HOF QBs in the history of the NFL.

Thanks for clearing that up

Best of all is you actually believe that everyone, everywhere is wrong for knowing that this player will be in the HOF.  

And it makes you smarter than all 

I think the issue here is whether the HoF prefers a 'very good QB on a great team' to a 'great QB on an average team'.  

Even correcting for different eras, how is Rivers' career any less than Fouts for example?  Not saying Rivers should be in over Eli, but if Eli gets in and Rivers doesn't then the HoF is making a definitive statement that rings, no matter how much the QB contributed, matter a lot more now than they used to.  In the case of Fouts, he was fun to watch in that offense, but his numbers don't really show a HoF career and he didn't even have the rings.  

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think the most surprising thing about this entire debate is that people actually continue to respond the stupidity you present in these terribly boring arguments. 

Another that has nothing so will simply just attack. 

Where are the adults on this board?

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fact6t based.

In the same post that you make the worst comparison, worse than Foles by calling Eli the modern day Plunkett.

Theres total BS that you just have to spin to after drying up another total BS comparison.

Its what you do.

And cry about attacks

Let's compare Eli and plunkett shall we? Plunkett basically started about 9 full seasons (then parts of others), Eli started basically 14 full seasons:

Top 5 in yards:

JP 1(13% of starting seasons)

EM 3(21%)

Top 5 in TDs:

JP 2(25%)

EM 3(21%)

Top 5 in completions:

JP 1(13%)

EM 1(.07%)

Top 5 in rating:

JP zero

EM zero

Top 5 in INTs:

JP 5(63%, led once)

EM 6(43%, led 3 times)

Record as starter:

JP 72-72

EM 116-114

Playoff apps:

JP 4(50%)

EM 6(43%)

Playoff record:

JP 8-2(80%)

EM 8-4(67%)

Seasons with playoff wins:

JP 3 out 4 apps(75%)

EM 2 of 6(33%)

PPG led by in SB runs:

JP 25.7 PPG

EM 23.1 PPG

PPG in SBs:

JP 25.5

EM 18

They are the same QB, the only difference is Eli played longer.

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure drivel.

Total excuse making.

Wait, youre new attempt at logic is he isnt Brees or Brady?  One is the GOAT and the other might be if not for the other.

What a compelling case.  So those are the only two HOF QBs in the history of the NFL.

Thanks for clearing that up

Best of all is you actually believe that everyone, everywhere is wrong for knowing that this player will be in the HOF.  

And it makes you smarter than all 

The other 2 are what real hall of famers look like, players consistently at the top of their game.

I hope stupidity doesn't win out, he doesn't even belong in the discussion.  He would be the FIRST Hof QB elected without a single all pro appearance (whether on the official team or unofficial)

44 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think the issue here is whether the HoF prefers a 'very good QB on a great team' to a 'great QB on an average team'.  

Even correcting for different eras, how is Rivers' career any less than Fouts for example?  Not saying Rivers should be in over Eli, but if Eli gets in and Rivers doesn't then the HoF is making a definitive statement that rings, no matter how much the QB contributed, matter a lot more now than they used to.  In the case of Fouts, he was fun to watch in that offense, but his numbers don't really show a HoF career and he didn't even have the rings.  

Rivers does belong over Eli but let's compare him vs fouts:

Fouts:

1982 NFL MVP(none for Rivers)

All 80s 2nd team(rivers went make all 10s team)

6 times on all pro teams, 3 1st team.  2 1st team official, 2 2nd team official (Rivers made unofficial 1st team once and unofficial 2nd team once)

Led in completions twice(Rivers once)

Led in comp % once (Rivers once)

Led in yards 4 times (Rivers once)

Led in TDs twice (Rivers once)

Never led in INTs (Rivers led twice)

Fouts was the better QB vs his era

39 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

When Eli gets inducted into the HOF  Junc will be screaming Blalalaalalalalalalalala with his hands cupped over his ears and then will join the teh falcon in  JN infamy

He's not getting in

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Oh, I dont think you're stupid.  I think this argument is stupid and the random b.s. you use to support your stupid argument is even more stupid than the argument itself.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh, I dont think you're stupid.  I think this argument is stupid and the random b.s. you use to support your stupid argument is even more stupid than the argument itself.

It’s like he has a pathological compulsion to convince everyone that they are wrong even though he’s completely wrong. 

Eli is going into the Hall of Fame. 

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Rivers does belong over Eli but let's compare him vs fouts:

Fouts:

1982 NFL MVP(none for Rivers)

All 80s 2nd team(rivers went make all 10s team)

6 times on all pro teams, 3 1st team.  2 1st team official, 2 2nd team official (Rivers made unofficial 1st team once and unofficial 2nd team once)

Led in completions twice(Rivers once)

Led in comp % once (Rivers once)

Led in yards 4 times (Rivers once)

Led in TDs twice (Rivers once)

Never led in INTs (Rivers led twice)

Fouts was the better QB vs his era

He's not getting in

Eli is getting in. Even though I largely agree with your assessment of Eli and his being overrated and in the right place at the right time, he is absolutely getting in. You don't win 2 SB MVP's and not get in the HOF, no matter how overrated you may be.

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Let's compare Eli and plunkett shall we? Plunkett basically started about 9 full seasons (then parts of others), Eli started basically 14 full seasons:

Top 5 in yards:

JP 1(13% of starting seasons)

EM 3(21%)

Top 5 in TDs:

JP 2(25%)

EM 3(21%)

Top 5 in completions:

JP 1(13%)

EM 1(.07%)

Top 5 in rating:

JP zero

EM zero

Top 5 in INTs:

JP 5(63%, led once)

EM 6(43%, led 3 times)

Record as starter:

JP 72-72

EM 116-114

Playoff apps:

JP 4(50%)

EM 6(43%)

Playoff record:

JP 8-2(80%)

EM 8-4(67%)

Seasons with playoff wins:

JP 3 out 4 apps(75%)

EM 2 of 6(33%)

PPG led by in SB runs:

JP 25.7 PPG

EM 23.1 PPG

PPG in SBs:

JP 25.5

EM 18

They are the same QB, the only difference is Eli played longer.

The other 2 are what real hall of famers look like, players consistently at the top of their game.

I hope stupidity doesn't win out, he doesn't even belong in the discussion.  He would be the FIRST Hof QB elected without a single all pro appearance (whether on the official team or unofficial)

Too many words defendi g nonsense.  Compare plunkett, foles, whoever and you're still wrong and just spinning, slurring out mindless numbers. 

One more F'n time.  He's still top 10 in every meaningful number for a QB, over a long career with 2 SB MVP trophies.  You're too full of yourself too just open your mind.

Done, went to long with you.  As usual. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The hall is for the greatest players of all time not busy for players who won championships.

This is not true anymore.  The HOF is a business.  They more guys they let in, the more revenue for them.

Look at guys who just got in for baseball.  Mike Mussina????  

Its happening in all sports.  HOF is not just gor the all time greats.  Its for good, great and elite players.  

We are still acting like its for elite players only but those days are long gone.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s like he has a pathological compulsion to convince everyone that they are wrong even though he’s completely wrong. 

Eli is going into the Hall of Fame. 

lol

They've already measured him for the jacket and started sculpting his Eli face for the induction.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Longevity will always be part of the criteria. 

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

I have proven over and over he is not an all time great.

24 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Eli is getting in. Even though I largely agree with your assessment of Eli and his being overrated and in the right place at the right time, he is absolutely getting in. You don't win 2 SB MVP's and not get in the HOF, no matter how overrated you may be.

He didn't deserve either but even with them he will have a very hard time getting in.  They give him a chance but he really didn't even belong in the discussion.  I hope the voters don't just look at meaningless compiled numbers.

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That sums up his entire posting history. 

I love when you guys interact with each other as if you aren't the same person

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Too many words defendi g nonsense.  Compare plunkett, foles, whoever and you're still wrong and just spinning, slurring out mindless numbers. 

One more F'n time.  He's still top 10 in every meaningful number for a QB, over a long career with 2 SB MVP trophies.  You're too full of yourself too just open your mind.

Done, went to long with you.  As usual. 

All you had to say was that you have nothing to counter and move along.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not true anymore.  The HOF is a business.  They more guys they let in, the more revenue for them.

Look at guys who just got in for baseball.  Mike Mussina????  

Its happening in all sports.  HOF is not just gor the all time greats.  Its for good, great and elite players.  

We are still acting like its for elite players only but those days are long gone.

Baseball has always been different but in each Hall it is supposed to be for all time great players.  Eli is more like Harold baines getting in, good player who played forever and compiled numbers.