The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Has anyone said he’s an elite player? The greatest of his generation?

That’s not the standard for the HOF.  

He was competing with Peyton, Brady, Rogers, whomever. 

He won 2 SB MVPs and beat the unbeatable Pats twice. 

Top 10 QB in almost every QB category. 

He’s not the greatest of his generation. 

He’s a Hall of Famer.

Don’t be like that other sociopath. 

Eli Manning is a Hall of Famer. 

I agree.  People need to understand what the hall means.  If your a good player and you win a few super bowls like eli did, your in.

When you understand that you dont have to be great to get in the hall of fame, it is easy to see why eli will get in.

The misconception is that the hall of fame is only for great and elite players and that is not the case.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The misconception is that the hall of fame is only for great and elite players and that is not the case.

No one, no adult, is under that misconception.

The Hall of Fame is not the Hall of Elite. 

I will grant you, there are fictional wings where the elite reside. 

Montana Rice Brown are in one wing. 

Eli won’t be in that wing. But he’ll be wearing a yellow jacket when he walks by his bust.

And when his great great great grandchildren see his bust, some  other freak’s great great great grandchildren will say “wow, our great great great grandfather was a dick”. 

Let it go. Don’t be that guy. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You just cant help coming back again and again, getting your ass handed to you by the board

Only the worst comes on and says, yeah hes top ten, but hes top ten in attempts.  Is that all your girl Sanchez had to do, throw a lot of passes?  Top ten pass attempts by Sanchez would make him what, the all time INT leader?  All time incompletion %?  All time fumbles for a QB?

More buttfumbles?

Take your stupid, twisted, lame stats and crawl away already.

Did I mention, ELI IS GOING INTO THE HALL OF FAME?

I destroy all your weak arguments, it's so bad that all you can do is hurl insults.  I feel embarrassed for you

8 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

2 super bowls, on the New York Giants. Means a hall of fame induction.

He beat this decades bester ever, twice. Like Bradshaw beat Staubach.

Last Giant QB to win 2 Championships was Ed  Danowski, 1934,38. He's  not in the Hall. 

His D beat the best ever.

Bradshaw was a league MVP and all pro, 2 things Eli has never been.

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  People need to understand what the hall means.  If your a good player and you win a few super bowls like eli did, your in.

When you understand that you dont have to be great to get in the hall of fame, it is easy to see why eli will get in.

The hall is for the greatest players of all time, there are exceptions for those that may have been mediocre but had a great impact on the game like namath but it's for the greatest players of all time and Eli Manning is certainly not one of the greatest players of all time.

Jim plunkett was a good player who won a couple of SBs and he did more for his SB teams than Eli did for his.  SBs will give you a bump to get you over the hump if you are close, Eli's not close.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I destroy all your weak arguments, it's so bad that all you can do is hurl insults.  I feel embarrassed for you

Destroy.

Annihilate.

Beat to a pulp

Its what you do to yourself.

Insults?  Besides not being able to beat anyone in a debate youre a little girl who cries over everything.

How badly did you sob into your pillow when finheaven permabanned your ass?

Or GangGreen?

LOL, you should just be quiet and move on.  But we know the sadomasochist in you cant.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

His D beat the best ever.

Bradshaw was a league MVP and all pro, 2 things Eli has never been.

My point is , so called football logic has nothing to do with it. As I've said before, the Giants are the nfl conduit through which all things flow.

The Giants spawned the Championships and near Championships, of the Packers,Cowboys,Patriots.

Lombardi,Landry, Parcells, Belichick.

Eli is part of two royal blood lines. He's Manning and a Giant. That's why he's in.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Can we get back to why Baker Mayfield is so freaking awesome and was by far the best QB drafted last year and is currently destroying all the haters? 

Since Mayfield has yet to be shown on the NFL top 100 it's now a lock that he's within the top 50. Let's see if he makes the top 40.

Eli will go to the HOF, so let's talk about year two of Mayfield's epic career that will see him take the torch from Brady.

??

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can we get back to why Baker Mayfield is so freaking awesome and was by far the best QB drafted last year and is currently destroying all the haters? 

Since Mayfield has yet to be shown on the NFL top 100 it's now a lock that he's within the top 50. Let's see if he makes the top 40.

Eli will go to the HOF, so let's talk about year two of Mayfield's epic career of the will see him take the torch from Brady.

??

Maybe I’m in the minority but I’m pretty excited to see Baker play this year. 

Sam’s better (IMHO a lot better) but Baker is going to be a really good one and I am so sick and f*cking tired of Brady and Rogers and Cam and Matty “Ice” (vomit) and the Big Rapist and Wilson and Rivers et al. Even Brees at this point. 

Time for new blood. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe I’m in the minority but I’m pretty excited to see Baker play this year. 

Sam’s better (IMHO a lot better) but Baker is going to be a really good one and I am so sick and f*cking tired of Brady and Rogers and Cam and Matty “Ice” (vomit) and the Big Rapist and Wilson and Rivers et al. Even Brees at this point. 

Time for new blood. 

I agree. Im pretty much tired of all of those dudes outside of Wilson. Guys like Wilson and Brees I could always watch.

With that said though. Im definitely looking forward to year two of Baker, bit also Darnold vs Rosen now that they're in the same Division.

Maybe this dude feom Baltimore can develop into a passer and make that a great matchup out in the North as well.

It's time for these hold heads to retire. We dont want to see thr Pats even in the playoffs for like the next century.

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2019 at 1:00 PM, Hackenberg said:

My point is , so called football logic has nothing to do with it. As I've said before, the Giants are the nfl conduit through which all things flow.

The Giants spawned the Championships and near Championships, of the Packers,Cowboys,Patriots.

Lombardi,Landry, Parcells, Belichick.

Eli is part of two royal blood lines. He's Manning and a Giant. That's why he's in.

The Giants won 3 championship games in the pre SB era and I believed lost about 13.  They aren't the Yankees of football.

Eli has been a mostly mediocre player, Harry Carson took forever to get in.  He won a SB as part of a dominant team not a fluke team like Eli and he made all pro teams in 7 seasons (7 more than Eli) but Eli is a lock.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

The Giants won 3 championship games in the pre SB era and I believed lost about 13.  They aren't the Yankees of football.

Eli has been a mostly mediocre player, Harry Carson took forever to get in.  He won a SB as part of a dominant team not a fluke team like Eli and he made all pro teams in 7 seasons (7 more than Eli) but Eli is a lock.

I don't think anyone is guaranteeing right away, I'm not, but he will get in the HOF. Book it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Apache 51 said:

I don't think anyone is guaranteeing right away, I'm not, but he will get in the HOF. Book it.

We'll see, I have hope knowledgeable football people will be voting and they will look at more than just compiled garbage time numbers.

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Politics, maybe.

I agree, that's the only way he'd get in.  He seriously doesn't belong in the discussion.  He's never been great, hopefully he doesn't get enshrined.  They have let others who are undeserving in but no one like Eli

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I agree, that's the only way he'd get in.  He seriously doesn't belong in the discussion.  He's never been great, hopefully he doesn't get enshrined.  They have let others who are undeserving in but no one like Eli

He's a good Qb, and played in a tough division and Conference, more so than bro who played on his living room carpet.

18 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

He's a good Qb, and played in a tough division and Conference, more so than bro who played on his living room carpet.

He was good a long time ago, his division has been mostly weak and the conference has been better than the AFC in recent years but not the majority of his career.  You can make all the excuses you want, the man is 2 games over .500 as a starter, he has only 6 playoff apps and was one and done in 4 of them.

Peyton's divisions were as tough as the NFC east and when Peyton was at his peak the AFC was much better than the NFC. Please don't compare Eli to Peyton.

19 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dudes you can't argue with JUNCLOGIC. Since JUNCLOGIC is not even close to actual Logic. Just remember that when dealing with this guy and all will be clear.

This Dude still thinks Parcells is a better coach than BB. Hilarious right?

You can't argue with me, you can only hurl insults because if you argued with me you'd realize you have no argument.

Bill Parcells won 2 SBs with non HOFers, he made the playoffs with SIX different QBs.  Bill belichick has made the playoffs with 2 QBs and one of them was Vinny Testaverde who BB made a WC with and won a WC game while BP won a division with and made the AFC championship game.

6 SBs is awesome but when you can only win with the greatest QB of all time (when you have other opportunities, someone like bill Walsh never had a chance without Montana) you cannot be the greatest HC of all time.

I enjoy educating you.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:45 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Yep and one could easily argue Joe Willy himself benefitted from that reality.

42 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Eli is a modern day Namath but with 2 instead of 1 signature wins. Historical impact matters. Both belong in HOF.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

In 100 years they've won 8 and been to 19. Making them 3rd, behind green bay and Chicago,Bears won 9.

But it is new york that Gave Lombardi  to green bay. Lol in essence,  he's  the Belichick of the 50s, 60s = all things flow through New York. New York is the league god, who blesses other teams to succeed lol 

being in that many championships means no one else is. Being in 19  means being in more than one  a decade ,in 100 years. And as I said. They spawned Lombardi and Landry. And in Super Bowl era they average a SB appearance every 10 years and have won 4. 

They aren't the Yankees  of football. They are the "Giants" of football. 

Hell, New York spawned California. SF Giants,LA Dodgers, LA Clippers (Buffalo Braves)

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He was good a long time ago, his division has been mostly weak and the conference has been better than the AFC in recent years but not the majority of his career.  You can make all the excuses you want, the man is 2 games over .500 as a starter, he has only 6 playoff apps and was one and done in 4 of them.

Peyton's divisions were as tough as the NFC east and when Peyton was at his peak the AFC was much better than the NFC. Please don't compare Eli to Peyton.

Please don't compmare the Afc to the NFC

On 7/26/2019 at 6:45 PM, Hackenberg said:

Shows you how weak a beard it is/was.

Not impressive enough to count or be remembered. No he didn't have a beard in the uni photo shoot etc.

All I remember  is the stupid grin. He needs a epic beard like Fitzpatrick  . This is not a beard, this is, I forgot to shave a few days and I listen to wham records

You want something like this then...

Image result for game of thrones wildling beard

• Haha 1

The truth is, it doesn't even matter who wins the game in week 2. Browns will have the better season when it's over.

The first two weeks always have games that are opposite  for how a team's season goes, to throw bettors off the trends scent. 

Both teams will win, week one. So Jets fans have hope. But odds are, they get pounded.

Here's  where what's his face calls me a Browns fan now lol.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You can't argue with me, you can only hurl insults because if you argued with me you'd realize you have no argument.

Bill Parcells won 2 SBs with non HOFers, he made the playoffs with SIX different QBs.  Bill belichick has made the playoffs with 2 QBs and one of them was Vinny Testaverde who BB made a WC with and won a WC game while BP won a division with and made the AFC championship game.

6 SBs is awesome but when you can only win with the greatest QB of all time (when you have other opportunities, someone like bill Walsh never had a chance without Montana) you cannot be the greatest HC of all time.

I enjoy educating you.

One sentence defeats all your bullsh*t. Parcells never won a thing without BB. Nothing. Nada. He even beat Parcells with the friggin Browns in the playoffs. I enjoy slapping you around.

17 hours ago, jgb said:

Eli is a modern day Namath but with 2 instead of 1 signature wins. Historical impact matters. Both belong in HOF.

Here are differences btw him and namath. 

Namath was a superstar, Eli is not.  

Namath was great for a few years, Eli was never great

Namath QBd the most significant game in pro football history, Eli did not

Namath helped make pro football our real national past time, Eli did not.

Namath meant so much to the growth of this game, he belongs in as much for that as he does this actual play.  Eli doesn't have that to fall back on