Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Overall, he was OK. Good and bad. Excellent playing sandlot, struggled a bit from the pocket.

Right I haven't been following closely but most of what I'm hearing is praise about his improvising, what he needs to improve on is running the offense efficiently and on schedule. We wont have an idea about that till October 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

How many did Sanchez do ?

1992F367-30C9-43CF-B57B-EB2644BE5AD3.jpeg

None of them....there is no “academic allowances” for Song Girls, they clap back with the “dumb jock” at all overtures.

Our new center (Ryan Kalil) did manage to marry one though.  

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Right I haven't been following closely but most of what I'm hearing is praise about his improvising, what he needs to improve on is running the offense efficiently and on schedule. We wont have an idea about that till October 

Probably still going to be a lot of improvising this year as the OL still isn't a finished product, and they've installed a new offense that everyone has to get on board. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Big mouth Browns told Washington what was coming on the opening drive, but that did not slow down Baker.

Serious?

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

How many did Sanchez do ?

are we talking all together at one time ... or just in total for the semester?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Big mouth Browns told Washington what was coming on the opening drive, but that did not slow down Baker.

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Serious?

I’ve never heard of this being done before, have you?

I mean, it’s ok, I guess, after all it’s a preseason game, but this sounds like something they’d do before a scrimmage.

• Upvote 2

On 8/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Parcells has never been fired because he gets while the gettin' is good.

Parcells won those 2 Super Bowls with BB. Without him HE HAS WON NOTHING. NOTHING.

You mention he won with all these QB's but HE HAS NEVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT BB.

Even though Parcells supposedly turned around other Franchises his career record is still worse than BB'S.

You say Parcells never won without HOF'ers but he had LT, Carson, Martin to name a few. Even with the best Defensive Player of his Generation he only managed 2 Super Bowls and one was a fluke(Norwood).

You say BB never won with Brady but HE DRAFTED THE BRADY. BB drafted the so-called GOAT of this era yet you give the guy no credit for it.

Your arguments a shame kid. Get Lost.

He's never been fired because his teams never suck.  His longest playoff drought was 2 seasons,. BB missed 6 of 7 seasons in 2 different places without the greatest QB of all time as his QB.

Parcells won those 2 SBs more because of LT than BB.  By the way, BB hasn't been a great defensive coach without the greatest defensive player of all time.

Parcells took over the worst franchises in the sport and but each into SB contenders, made SBs with two of them, won 2 SBs without great QBs.

I never said Parcells didn't win without HOFers,I said he won without Hof QBs while BB has only had success with the greatest QB of all time.

BB drafted Brady in hopes he could be a long term backup.  After going 5-11 and having Brady on the roster in 2000 Bledsoe was given a $100 million extension.  It was sheer dumb luck that he got Brady and without him BB would have been fired within 3 seasons.

My arguments destroy your weak arguments but please keep trying.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's never been fired because his teams never suck.  His longest playoff drought was 2 seasons,. BB missed 6 of 7 seasons in 2 different places without the greatest QB of all time as his QB.

Parcells won those 2 SBs more because of LT than BB.  By the way, BB hasn't been a great defensive coach without the greatest defensive player of all time.

Parcells took over the worst franchises in the sport and but each into SB contenders, made SBs with two of them, won 2 SBs without great QBs.

I never said Parcells didn't win without HOFers,I said he won without Hof QBs while BB has only had success with the greatest QB of all time.

BB drafted Brady in hopes he could be a long term backup.  After going 5-11 and having Brady on the roster in 2000 Bledsoe was given a $100 million extension.  It was sheer dumb luck that he got Brady and without him BB would have been fired within 3 seasons.

when ever you mention BB or brady you have to question the methods and the accusations of them cheating. To me if the commish had balls he would have voided the wins after spygate but he destroyed the tapes and that led to deflate gate and other accusations of radios malfunctioning ect...this is a mess and a stain on the sport

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 2:46 AM, JetFaninMI said:

Parcells has never been fired because he gets while the gettin' is good.

Parcells won those 2 Super Bowls with BB. Without him HE HAS WON NOTHING. NOTHING.

You mention he won with all these QB's but HE HAS NEVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT BB.

Even though Parcells supposedly turned around other Franchises his career record is still worse than BB'S.

You say Parcells never won without HOF'ers but he had LT, Carson, Martin to name a few. Even with the best Defensive Player of his Generation he only managed 2 Super Bowls and one was a fluke(Norwood).

You say BB never won with Brady but HE DRAFTED THE BRADY. BB drafted the so-called GOAT of this era yet you give the guy no credit for it.

Your arguments a shame kid. Get Lost.

Wait, who the hell just "only managed 2 SB's", as if they're "Just superbowl's...nothing more".

Parcells did something Belichick has never done. He took two different franchises to the SB and both teams were terrible before he took them over.

Parcells took 3 franchises to their respective conference championship games. That 3rd team being the Jets was also a terrible team when Parcells took over.

Sure  Belichick drafted the greatest QB ever...in the 6th ROUND! It wasn't like he was ahead of the curve and picked him up in the 1st or 2nd round and got criticized for it only to be proven correct in the end. Belichick lucked up on Brady. You dont get the typenof credit that you're talking about because it wasn't like Belichick even thought (based on where he drafted him) that he was even a starting level QB, let alone an all-timer. Qb's that are viewed as starters or future HOF's are not drafted in the 6th round. You're giving him credit as if he knew what Brady would become...and that's just bullocks.

Also, more than half of his legacy is under scrutiny as they were cheating. So having the greatest QB ever wasnt even enough. Belichick is a legendary coach but he's no Bill Parcells. Parcells found success no matter the team and he generally left a team in better shape than how he received it. 

You just dont "manage" 2 SB's bro as if 1 isnt an outstanding feat already. And I find it funny how you try to undermine Parcells SB's yet want folks to get on their knees and blow Belicheat for picking the GOAT in the 6th round...as if he "knew it all along" to the point that he was willing to pass on Brady in the 5 previous rounds...because, you know, "He's only the greatest of all time. So Ill wait until the 6th round to finally draft him"

Stop it bro.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wait, who the hell just "only managed 2 SB's", as if they're "Just superbowl's...nothing more".

Parcells did something Belichick has never done. He took two different franchises to the SB and both teams were terrible before he took them over.

Parcells took 3 franchises to their respective conference championship games. That 3rd team being the Jets was also a terrible team when Parcells took over.

Sure  Belichick drafted the greatest QB ever...in the 6th ROUND! It wasn't like he was ahead of the curve and picked him up in the 1st or 2nd round and got criticized for it only to be proven correct in the end. Belichick lucked up on Brady. You dont get the typenof credit that you're talking about because it wasn't like Belichick even thought (based on where he drafted him) that he was even a starting level QB, let alone an all-timer. Qb's that are viewed as starters or future HOF's are not drafted in the 6th round. You're giving him credit as if he knew what Brady would become...and that's just bullocks.

Also, more than half of his legacy is under scrutiny as they were cheating. So having the greatest QB ever wasnt even enough. Belichick is a legendary coach but he's no Bill Parcells. Parcells found success no matter the team and he generally left a team in better shape than how he received it. 

You just dont "manage" 2 SB's bro as if 1 isnt an outstanding feat already. And I find it funny how you try to undermine Parcells SB's yet want folks to get on their knees and blow Belicheat for picking the GOAT in the 6th round...as if he "knew it all along" to the point that he was willing to pass on Brady in the 5 previous rounds...because, you know, "He's only the greatest of all time. So Ill wait until the 6th round to finally draft him"

Stop it bro.

No. I won't . I'm not giving BB credit for drafting Brady as if he knew what he would become.  I'm saying BB drafted him plain and simple.  l don't want anyone to stop and "blow" BB. In fact I prefaced this argument that you jumped into with the sentence that clearly states how much I despise BB.

I'm not downplaying your boy Parcells career just saying the pupil (BB) has surpassed the master(Parcells). Sorry you can't be objective about it as your post indicates.

25 minutes ago, rammagen said:

when ever you mention BB or brady you have to question the methods and the accusations of them cheating. To me if the commish had balls he would have voided the wins after spygate but he destroyed the tapes and that led to deflate gate and other accusations of radios malfunctioning ect...this is a mess and a stain on the sport

Do we think BB just started "cheating" when Brady became his starter? He didn't "cheat" 91-95 in Cleveland or 2000 and the first 2 games of 2001 in NE?  He's always been bending rules like most coaches try to.  I don't think it is a big deal. 

Remember, when they got outed for videotaping they went 16-0 then when Brady was caught underinflated footballs he went out and led his O to 14 fourth qtr points to beat one of the best Ds of all time to win his fourth SB.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

LOL

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

No. I won't . I'm not giving BB credit for drafting Brady as if he knew what he would become.  I'm saying BB drafted him plain and simple.  l don't want anyone to stop and "blow" BB. In fact I prefaced this argument that you jumped into with the sentence that clearly states how much I despise BB.

I'm not downplaying your boy Parcells career just saying the pupil (BB) has surpassed the master(Parcells). Sorry you can't be objective about it as your post indicates.

Then if this is the position you're taking, then that must be across the board. If you're saying that BB drafted Brady "plain and simple", then that goes for Parcells winning multiple SB's, plain and simple. 

You cant dismiss the criticism of how Brady became a Patriot while at the same time calling one of Parcells SB's "a fluke" while painting this picture that you're not somehow trying to downplay his career. 

I have no problem with your overall position, as everyone has an opinion, all im saying is to stay consistent. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL

Holy sh*t what a tool. It’s embarrassing. And he’s serious lol.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2019 at 7:05 AM, HelenOfTroy said:

I’ll have to say, you guys are “different”.

The longest running thread of all time on our USC message board was “What is better than a wet Song Girl?”, 1,000+ pages of photos of the Song Girls over the years in different poses, lots of photos of them in their tight sweaters jumping into the lake in Tahoe (a tradition), into a pool for the charity “Swim with Mike” and anywhere in the world they’ve made an appearance representing the US and USC.

I’m definitely telling them about this QB fanboy stuff.  🤣

Thread just got lil warmer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The evidence on those tapes would have been bigger than the Black Sox scandal. A trillion dollars in bets turned on blatant cheating and the lawsuits would have destroyed the league. When you think about it, Goodell HAD to destroy the tapes. 

But the blind want to sweep it under the rug. 

Facts.

Isn't this thread about the Browns?  Why are we talking about that fat **** that has never won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick on his staff?  Is he "consulting" for them now? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

The evidence on those tapes would have been bigger than the Black Sox scandal. A trillion dollars in bets turned on blatant cheating and the lawsuits would have destroyed the league. When you think about it, Goodell HAD to destroy the tapes. 

But the blind want to sweep it under the rug. 

Thank You!!!

As a recovering attorney I said this at the time.

i stayed in a Holiday Inn last night  :) 

In what world other than Jeffery Epstein committed suicide world, do people actually believe that the authorities, in this case the NFL, destroyed evidence of wrong doing so that “the Truth” could come out.  

That is not what is done with “evidence” and any first year law student will tell you the same.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Holy sh*t what a tool. It’s embarrassing. And he’s serious lol.

He says the same thing to everyone.  Actually thinks a debate, having differing opinions needs to have a winner.  Not bad enough, believes he's always this winner and doesn't just win. 

Destroys others.

At least he didn't call him stupid

Yet

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank You!!!

In what world other than Jeffery Epstein committed suicide world, do people actually believe that the authorities, in this case the NFL, destroyed evidence of wrong doing so that “the Truth” could come out.  

That is not what is done with “evidence” and any first year law student will tell you the same.  

Yet there are some Brady/Belli apologists/closet fans RIGHT HERE that will schluff it off that will suggest it’s just a few crazies with tin hats that thinks it’s a big deal. 

There was NO REASON to destroy the tapes if there was nothing incriminating on them. 

No reason. 

There were billions of reasons to destroy them if they contained what every Ram knows they contained. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank You!!!

It was bigger than NE, it would have severely hurt the game and no teams went nuts because they all try to bend the rules to their advantage.  We can whine about them 24 hours a day but they aren't taking any Lombardi's away.  

I ask again, how come BBs cheating didn't work until he got Brady?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He says the same thing to everyone.  Actually thinks a debate, having differing opinions needs to have a winner.  Not bad enough, believes he's always this winner and doesn't just win. 

Destroys others.

At least he didn't call him stupid

Yet

It's so cute how you guys try to gang up on me thinking that if you agree with each other (assuming you are different people) that it makes your arguments look better.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Do we think BB just started "cheating" when Brady became his starter? He didn't "cheat" 91-95 in Cleveland or 2000 and the first 2 games of 2001 in NE?  He's always been bending rules like most coaches try to.  I don't think it is a big deal. 

Remember, when they got outed for videotaping they went 16-0 then when Brady was caught underinflated footballs he went out and led his O to 14 fourth qtr points to beat one of the best Ds of all time to win his fourth SB.

I have to question everything with his name on it honestly. I just wish the commish had a backbone to correct the issue, i think the season ticket holders fans of other teams should have banned t gether and sued. I remember one case and had to dig back for the line from a NE lawyer that bugged me the most...NE might not have that duty but the NFL does have duty

https://gothamist.com/2010/04/15/jets_fan_sues_pats_for_cheating.php

Yesterday, a lawyer for the Patriots said, "Every spectator that goes to a game expects there will be rules infractions," and, when a judge asked, "Do you think someone would pay that kind of money [for tickets] if they knew in advance it wasn't a fair game?" he responded, "Given what I know about professional sports -- yes." Belichick's lawyer said, "we have no duty to Jets fans" to owe them a fair game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It was bigger than NE, it would have severely hurt the game and no teams went nuts because they all try to bend the rules to their advantage.  We can whine about them 24 hours a day but they aren't taking any Lombardi's away.  

I ask again, how come BBs cheating didn't work until he got Brady?

First people cheat all the time and they don't always get MASSIVE advantages out of the illicit behaviour.

Think folks that cheat just a little on their taxes or people shoplift.  People do these things all the time doesn't mean that they are going to be Billionaires as a result, but they do think that cheating gives them an advantage nevertheless.

In addition competitive advantage is one thing.... However hiring folks to go through opposing teams hotel rooms is another, signal stealing is another, illegal video taping is another, using illegal plays and formation is another, tampering with equipment is another and on and on and on........................

Competitive advantage is one thing but this type of stuff when added up is RIDICULOUS and NOOOOOO I wouldn't be happy or proud if the Jets were winning that way and I have used Vinny's magic helmet TD against Seattle as a time when I said "we got a gift and Seattle was robbed!" 

Second..........And as far as the NFL goes ..........

I think that you are 100% Correct here!

If I were the Commissioner of the NFL and something that could destroy the future of my sport or the entire industry were in my possession and either we release the info and destroy the NFL or we destroy some tapes and take some criticism.   All I could say is there would be this taking place right outside my window.

image.jpeg

On the other hand I am sometimes irrational  FAN of a rivile team so I can call out the BUMS all I like ..... :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It’s like the Bat Signal for this jerkoff. 

Mention Brady and immediately he starts defending, excusing, prevaricating, obfuscating, derailing, just plain making sh*t up. 

The troll refuses to be out-trolled. 

F*ck Tom Brady the lying cheating POS. 

Not the GOAT, never will be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Mention Brady and immediately he starts defending, excusing, prevaricating, obfuscating, derailing, just plain making sh*t up. 

Well if Cheese Frog doesnt think your the goat.......

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pretend all you want. 

When the book gets written, the first page, first paragraph, first sentence of the history of this “run” will, nay, MUST include what a piece of sh*t cheating franchise this was. 

But cheating was their 5th option, so, YOU know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

By the way, if “you’re” going to be snarky, try not to sound like an illiterate fool whilst doing so. 

It’s “you’re” as in “you are”. 

Your is just...your. 

54 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

@slats why is this ok?  Why can this poster constantly post garbage like this and get away with it?