Skeptable

The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

Just now, dbatesman said:

The Lions went 49-86 with Calvin Johnson on the roster.

Precisely. 

And the Pats never actually won a SB with Moss and had a more efficient offense immediately after trading him. 

So . . maybe we shouldn't be giving all of these diva WRs so much attention?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Except, I didn’t call Odell a “loser.” 

I just pointed out that he may not be as valuable as he (along with many other folks) seem to think he is.

No one except QB is that valuable and thus it is an empty critique IMHO.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

More embarrassing than washing the nuts of another teams QB to the point you sling insults towards the team supposedly root for QB?

Yes, nothing embarrassing about that. Call your own teams QB names because somebody starts a thread about your man crush. 

What’s next? YouTube video,” Leave Baker alone?” 

If I need to win 1 game, right now, I'm taking Sammy boy all mother****ing day long.  He's a cool, calm, collected, OG gangster.  

Baker is a hyped up nut job ugly choke artist loser probably fueled by cocaine and monster energy drinks.  He's the biggest pussy in the group but with the loudest mouth.  Everyone knows a Baker Mayfield and they hate his ugly ******* guts out and has probably kicked his for good measure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Lions went 49-86 with Calvin Johnson on the roster.

They also wasted the career of possibly the best running back of all times. 

Just now, jgb said:

No one except QB is that valuable and thus it is an empty critique IMHO.

It would be empty, except for the fact that the vast majority of both the media as well as fans on message boards such as this one act like Odell is a game-changer. (Same goes for Vegas - look at the Browns odds before and after acquiring Odell)

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

They also wasted the career of possibly the best running back of all times. 

Why are you complaining about Dan Pastorini?  IMO, I would put Calvin Johnson up as greatest WR of all time before I would put Barry up at RB.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

It would be empty, except for the fact that the vast majority of both the media as well as fans on message boards such as this one act like Odell is a game-changer. (Same goes for Vegas - look at the Browns odds before and after acquiring Odell)

He is a game changer by any reasonable definition of what that means for position players.

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I mean the Giants had a losing overall record with Beckham. 

For the insane amount of hype he gets, you would think he was truly a “game-changer” for them, and yet, their W/L record with him seems to indicate that he was not.

The Browns are a bit mouthy a bit too soon. 

Hard to win without a QB

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why are you complaining about Dan Pastorini?  IMO, I would put Calvin Johnson up as greatest WR of all time before I would put Barry up at RB.

Barry had people watching that team to just see him. Hell, half the people I met when he was posing wore any Lions swag would be sure it’s Barry they like not the Lions. Change greatest to gifted if it makes it easier to swallow. 

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

He is a game changer by any reasonable definition of what that means for position players.

Can’t agree. Very, very, very few positional players matter as much as people think Odell does.       

We aren’t talking about Lawrence Taylor, here. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Mayfield is a jerk.

But to be fair, the writer is playing semantics, Mayfield may hold only a 6-7 record at the NFL level but he's a really talented QB who won in college as well.

You just described Tim Tebow, Deshone Kizer and Johnny Manziel.  Unless you do it in the NFL it don't mean jack.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Baker and OBJ have a real hardon for the Gmen. That game will be a lot of fun next year.

Too bad the Giants suck, lol

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Can’t agree. Very, very, very few positional players matter as much as people think Odell does.       

We aren’t talking about Lawrence Taylor, here. 

Disagreement is what makes discussion interesting 👍 

Although the fact that you have to compare him to a top 3 position player of all time to make your point tends to support mine.

I am entertained - Thank you Baker, OBJ, AB and the Raiders, a bit surprised that I have not heard much from Tampa but that kettle has time to boil...

Cleveland Fans are loving every minute of Baker as we loved Rex - should be fun to watch; win or lose

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Precisely. 

And the Pats never actually won a SB with Moss and had a more efficient offense immediately after trading him. 

Agree, Jerry Rice might have been the last of the top WR to win a Superbowl unless we want to count Holmes, maybe Harrison

Owens lost, Jones lost, Megtron never went, Green no show, Texans LOL, who else?

• Upvote 1

We've seen the Baker vs Sam movie once already. Advantage Baker.

The sequel is coming out week 2. Stay tuned. It should be fun.

Cue the Baker is 5 years older, has way more talent around him, Sam is humble and has a higher ceiling remarks from the peanut gallery.  :-({|=

• Butt Fumble 1

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Barry had people watching that team to just see him. Hell, half the people I met when he was posing wore any Lions swag would be sure it’s Barry they like not the Lions. Change greatest to gifted if it makes it easier to swallow. 

Fat joke or mod joke?  It makes no difference.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Cue the Baker is 5 years older, has way more talent around him, Sam is humble and has a higher ceiling remarks from the peanut gallery.  :-({|=

I'll go with "Jets played 3 games in 11 days and were on the road in Primetime on short rest, with a HC who had no clue how to adjust to a different QB for $1000, Alex"

Also,.wasn't aware Sam was playing D in that game. Crazy!

• Post of the Week 1

JN: "Giants taking Daniel Jones was a terrible pick!"

Baker Mayfield: "Giants taking Daniel Jones was a terrible pick!"

Also JN: sohWhy9.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree, Jerry Rice might have been the last of the top WR to win a Superbowl unless we want to count Holmes, maybe Harrison

Owens lost, Jones lost, Megtron never went, Green no show, Texans LOL, who else?

Wes Welker, Srsly? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Haha, the Baker people on here seem to have a lot invested in last year’s singles tennis match 

7 minutes ago, King P said:

JN: "Giants taking Daniel Jones was a terrible pick!"

Baker Mayfield: "Giants taking Daniel Jones was a terrible pick!"

Also JN: sohWhy9.jpg

you are absolutely correct.  but we CAN say it - he absolutely CANNOT.  kind of sucks for these athletes, but if you're going to make all that $$$ playing a sport you love, unfortunately, there is a down side.  they are held to very high standards.

2 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Joe Namath never degraded his opponents, he just guaranteed a win. Big difference.

He did say there were 5 QB's in the AFL better then Earl Morrall who was the NFL MVP that year..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

He did say there were 5 QB's in the AFL better then Earl Morrall who was the NFL MVP that year..

Lmao, he was probably right 

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'll go with "Jets played 3 games in 11 days and were on the road in Primetime on short rest, with a HC who had no clue how to adjust to a different QB for $1000, Alex"

You are correct, but then again how dare we have an opinion, we are just the peanut gallery. LOL!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

it's crazy how people seem to remember this game...I'll be the first to admit it was not Sam's best game, but even with that bad game, and Bowles being completely unprepared for Baker, as soon as Cle finally took the lead, Sam marched the Jets right down the field to take the lead back again.  but you know...Jets D....

add in Texans game and Sam could have been the youngest QB in history to lead three 4th qtr comebacks!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"I'll go with the Browns were playing their 3rd game in 12 days, they had won once in what? 31 games(?) prior, and had perhaps the only HC in the league who was as clueless as Bowles, the only guy who would've started Taylor over Mayfield, for $2000 Alex... oh wait, it's the Daily Double? I'll go with everything I've got" 

...you're right about Sam not playing D that day, though. It's annoying that QBs can't do that. Maybe if Baker could've done it, the Browns could've won week 17 and made the playoffs. (That sounds kind of "Crazy" though, doesn't it?)

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam has another year Under his belt  and a coaching staff that appears to be somewhat coherent. No excuses this time agreed. Let the ginger and the loudmouth fight it out. Can’t wait!! 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sam has another year Under his belt  and a coaching staff that appears to be somewhat coherent. No excuses this time agreed. Let the ginger and the loudmouth fight it out. Can’t wait!! 

Week 2 should be a great match up. Two very talented young QBs with a lot of expectation.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

it's crazy how people seem to remember this game...I'll be the first to admit it was not Sam's best game, but even with that bad game, and Bowles being completely unprepared for Baker, as soon as Cle finally took the lead, Sam marched the Jets right down the field to take the lead back again.  but you know...Jets D....

add in Texans game and Sam could have been the youngest QB in history to lead three 4th qtr comebacks!

hmmm, and if the Jets defense had held their opponents to less points then the Jets scored in every game last year, Sam could've had an undefeated rookie season!!!

Damn that Kacy Rodgers and his defense!!!

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jet Nation's obsession with all thing Mayfield and all things Giants is bordering on clinical....

The Big Mouth QB is using his Big Mouth to have the back of his fellow Big Mouth WR by trashing his former team.

Is that a surprise?  Do we care?  Should we care? 

And why should we care if he "shuts up"?  Let him talk, if it distracts him from play on the field, that only helps us.  So let him yap all he wants.

We care because Mayfield and Darnold are going to be linked together for the rest of their careers unless one is great and the other sucks.

All I can say about this is Mayfield better light it up this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Precisely. 

Agreed, I'm sick and tired of hearing from loudmouth divas like [squints at cue cards] Calvin Johnson