The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

On 8/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, More Cowbell said:

They are linked because the Browns passes on Darnold. Same way O'Brien and Marino were linked because the Jets passed on Marino

Except we were linked to Marino because we passed on him when we had the chance to draft him and elected to pass. 

We're not linked to Baker, we didn't have a chance to draft him and didnt pass on him.  If Darnold becomes Marino to Bakers O'Brien then Browns fans can cry.  Doesn't effect us in any way what Baker is or becomes.  

Just the fan boys needed to fire off as if liking a player is award worthy

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

On 8/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, More Cowbell said:

They are linked because the Browns passes on Darnold. Same way O'Brien and Marino were linked because the Jets passed on Marino

Except we were linked to Marino because we passed on him when we had th chance to draft him and elected to pass. 

We're not linked to Baker, we didn't have a chance to draft him and did t pass on him.  If Darnold becomes Marino to Bakes O'Brien then Browns fans can cry.  Doesn't effect us in any way what Baker is or becomes.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kitchens looks WAY over his head.  

He does

Less than a year ago, the guy was a career RB’s/TE’s coach.

After a bunch of bullsh*t “Super Bowl” hype all offseason, that team could very easily be 0-3 right now if they didn’t have to face a JV Jets squad on Monday Night.

0-3 with Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle and New England on the menu over the next month.

This could’ve easily turned into 0-7.

As it stands, it could still very easily turn into a 1-6 start for them.

The implosion is absolutely coming. And it’s going to be glorious.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except we were linked to Marino because we passed on him when we had th chance to draft him and elected to pass. 

We're not linked to Baker, we didn't have a chance to draft him and did t pass on him.  If Darnold becomes Marino to Bakes O'Brien then Browns fans can cry.  Doesn't effect us in any way what Baker is or becomes.  

It's  a story. I'm sure the media will keep it alive. 

28 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He does

Less than a year ago, the guy was a career RB’s/TE’s coach.

After a bunch of bullsh*t “Super Bowl” hype all offseason, that team could very easily be 0-3 right now if they didn’t have to face a JV Jets squad on Monday Night.

0-3 with Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle and New England on the menu over the next month.

This could’ve easily turned into 0-7.

As it stands, it could still very easily turn into a 1-6 start for them.

The implosion is absolutely coming. And it’s going to be glorious.

They could get Seattle at home I guess but 3 road games vs. Balt., San Fran and New England?  I dont think so.  

• Upvote 2

On 9/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, More Cowbell said:

It's  a story. I'm sure the media will keep it alive. 

No one in the media is really working this story now.  Or ever, other than the initial shock in taking at best the 4th rated QB 1st. That needed once the draft ended.

They wanted Baker, we got our guy, who we wanted. 

Media can go after Cleveland if Darnold turns into the better QB given they passed on Sam for Baker.  But we aren’t connected in any way to Baker from a Jet point of view.  That’s two different t things 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I one in the media is really working this story now.  

They wanted Baker, we got our guy, who we wanted. 

Media can go after Cleveland if Darnold turns into the better QB given they passed on Sam for Baker.  But we aren’t connected in any way to Baker from a Jet point of view.  That’s two different t things 

Well if you look around this forum, this was one of many of Mac screw ups not tanking correctly to get the first pick, so if Baker turns out to be the winner in the who is better contest, I am sure you will have a lot of of others you can preach this to. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Well if you look around this forum, this was one of many of Mac screw ups not tanking correctly to get the first pick, so if Baker turns out to be the winner in the who is better contest, I am sure you will have a lot of of others you can preach this to. 

No one tanks.  No one screws up.  Other than those who think we screwed it up.  Browns didn't win a single game.  

Which nitwit is complaining or willing to argue that we didn't win less than 0 games?

They had the first pick no matter what we did

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one tanks.  No one screws up.  Other than those who think we screwed it up.  Browns didn't win a single game.  

Which nitwit is complaining or willing to argue that we didn't win less than 0 games?

They had the first pick no matter what we did

I have read plenty of times we should have started Hackenberg or Petty followed by if you are going to tank, tank correctly. Never mind we would have had a player revolt.  

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I have read plenty of times we should have started Hackenberg or Petty followed by if you are going to tank, tank correctly. Never mind we would have had a player revolt.  

We played Petty, you do understand that, right? 

Teams don't tank, dumbassed fans will argue we could have lost more than the 0-16 Browns.  You can't make this up.  

Simple math.  Can you just stop 

And who are all these clowns who still are arguing we should have tanked for Mayfield?  The QB no one had going 1

you keep telling yourself we could have drafted BM.  And stop, I'm done with this 

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We played Petty, you do understand that, right? 

Teams don't tank, dumbassed fans will argue we could have lost more than the 0-16 Browns.  You can't make this up.  

Simple math.  Can you just stop 

And who are all these clowns who still are arguing we should have tanked for Mayfield?  The QB no one had going 1

you keep telling yourself we could have drafted BM.  And stop, I'm done with this 

First off, I never wanted to tank, I want the Jets to win, always have and always will. I want to be entertained, not pissed off like I am now. I'm just repeating what I have read here. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

First off, I never wanted to tank, I want the Jets to win, always have and always will. I want to be entertained, not pissed off like I am now. I'm just repeating what I have read here. 

I agree. But do yourself a favor, most here have no idea what they're talking about, especially if they're saying we could have or should drafted Baker.  

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

6DEE33B5-6D49-413F-AFB2-D49A2DFB1788.thumb.jpeg.fc920b8cf37931aacf8a9cbe8c59ec31.jpeg

The guy who cares enough to actively go around looking to put every single chip on his shoulder told us that “if you don’t wear orange and brown you don’t matter”, but then he did this 30 mins ago. 

Didnt he call out Duke Johnson, throw a fit about his Daniel Jones quote and then shotgun a beer at a baseball game despite footage of him trying to run from the cops drunk? 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We know he's a piece of sh*t, that he's harassed women and that an NFL franchise released him in the midst of rape allegations.

He's not comparable to Mayfield. At all. 

The only one comparing him in two different thread is you, my friend. Everyone else is just watching two scumbags self combust on a public forum and enjoying it.

• Upvote 2