The Baker Mayfield and His Mouth Thread

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Not bad, I got a chuckle out of this post, so consider this me giving you the last word.

@Jets723 seems to be a big fan of yours also, so you've got the weasel stamp of approval thing going for you too.

So giving a upvote means that you are “ a big fan” Very Interesting ? 

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I actually liked his game in college, i never thought of him as a potential bust. Then again, i get the impression that he's a 'good when the goings good' type of quarterback. What if its not good? All the media appearances and commercials are great, but how's he gonna keep everyone happy? If you allow them to build you up, you allow them to knock you down.

And its not just his personality potentially getting in the way when the chips are down.  It's a lack of experience in dealing with adversity.  In the Big 12, the chips were hardly EVER down because of how weak the defenses were.  Mayfield is facing adversity for the first time in his playing career.  

Hence why that Georgia player was yelling "Humble yourself!" at Baker after the Bulldogs beat the Sooners in the 2018 Rose Bowl.  And yes, while that was a high scoring affair (54-48), Mayfield had a very pedestrian day (23/35, 287 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT).  Oklahoma's ground game (242 rushing yards, 2 TDs) carried the day for OU.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And its not just his personality potentially getting in the way when the chips are down.  It's a lack of experience in dealing with adversity.  In the Big 12, the chips were hardly EVER down because of how weak the defenses were.  Mayfield is facing adversity for the first time in his playing career.  

Hence why that Georgia player was yelling "Humble yourself!" at Baker after the Bulldogs beat the Sooners in the 2018 Rose Bowl.  And yes, while that was a high scoring affair (54-48), Mayfield had a very pedestrian day (23/35, 287 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT).  Oklahoma's ground game (242 rushing yards, 2 TDs) carried the day for OU.  

Yeah look despite what I think of him personally I think he has talent.  I just don’t know how consistent he can be or his overall ceiling.  Obviously he was a couple years older and had more college experience than the other QBs in that draft but I’m not sure is he is a finished product at this point.  I do think last year was very telling considering all the talent he had around him and still took a big step back 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, 14 in Green said:

Time to sit back and watch everyone rip Mayfield for saying he wants to keep quiet, and focus on playing well and winning football games.

Let the fun begin.... :hap:

If he really wanted to keep quiet and focus on playing well, blah, blah, bah, shouldn't he have just STFU?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah look despite what I think of him personally I think he has talent.  I just don’t know how consistent he can be or his overall ceiling.  Obviously he was a couple years older and had more college experience than the other QBs in that draft but I’m not sure is he is a finished product at this point.  I do think last year was very telling considering all the talent he had around him and still took a big step back 

Considering that most talented young QB's take a step FORWARD in year 2, that had to be a major concern if you're a Browns fan.  If they get more of the same in year 3, it's already time to start thinking about replacing him.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He wanted to brag about how quiet he's being and how humble he is.  

I liked when Baker told the guy who called him Manziel at the bengals game to “say that to my face”

And then the bengals fan responded “you know we can’t do that with security around you little jerk”

• Haha 3

On 5/28/2020 at 7:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

Not bad, I got a chuckle out of this post, so consider this me giving you the last word.

@Jets723 seems to be a big fan of yours also, so you've got the weasel stamp of approval thing going for you too.

myrtle beach boyyyyyyyyyyyyy

home of the most educated folks in america

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, southtown24th said:

You sound like a real Mensa member... and you write like an 8 year old. (Capital letters are a thing, Einstein)

Not that it matters, but I was born in Brooklyn, and grew up on Long Island. I still have a home in Nassau County and just finished building another out on the North Fork.

I love Myrtle Beach though. I spend about 5 months a year down here in a home on the Intercoastal Waterway and golf course, and oh yeah... I was able to graduate from a great University in under 4 years, while playing a sport.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You sound like a real Mensa member... and you write like an 8 year old. (Capital letters are a thing, Einstein)

Not that it matters, but I was born in Brooklyn, and grew up on Long Island. I still have a home in Nassau County and just finished building another out on the North Fork.

I love Myrtle Beach though. I spend about 5 months a year down here in a home on the Intercoastal Waterway and golf course, and oh yeah... I was able to graduate from a great University in under 4 years, while playing a sport.

Oh yeah? Well I'm Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht! 

• Haha 1

He can fix all of this on the field but there are examples of supremely talented QBs (Jeff George) who were never able to get past the fact that they were complete jerks.

So when the final word is written on Baker Mayfield it will be what?

Just now, slats said:

Oh yeah? Well I'm Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht! 

That's great, Elmer. You also know how to construct a sentence properly, unlike the other genius.

I'd love to hear more, but I have to get ready for my 1052 tee time. It's at the Golf Club I belong to down here in MB, not the one I belong to on Long Island. ? 

On 5/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

About this time last year, all the Browns did was talk. There was Mayfield's interview with ESPN, including accompanying photos of the quarterback leading a pack of dogs on leashes, and his photoshoot with a tiger. There was Damarious Randall's bold proclamation that those Browns were good enough to go from just talking playoffs to talking Super Bowl. There was even the receiving duo of Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated, which proclaimed the Browns were "back".

I liked Mayfield before the draft. I've posted this many times, but he has the good fortune to've been born on my birthday. Would've been a lot of fun for me if the Jets drafted him - like I fully expected them to right up until the Browns shocked the football world and took him #1 overall. 

I don't generally mind mouthy players, either. Keyshawn, Gastineau, these guys never bothered me. But he was center stage in a clown show last year, and it would've been the exact same thing if he was on the Jets: Baker Mayfield is going to single-handedly turn around this moribund franchise. They went from lovable underdogs to the most annoying team in the league in one year, and everyone loved watching them fall on their faces. And there's no doubt that if he was a Jet that I would've fallen for it, too. At least 66%, lol. I'm really glad we didn't have that extra layer of embarrassment here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Transcripts, resume, and tax returns or it didn’t happen!

• Haha 3

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Transcripts, resume, and tax returns or it didn’t happen!

Uh oh. In that case...

What I meant to say is, I'm seventeen years old and just got hired working the deli department at my local Shop Rite. 

(which would be great actually. I'd sign up for being 17 again in a NY minute)

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

That's great, Elmer. You also know how to construct a sentence properly, unlike the other genius.

I'd love to hear more, but I have to get ready for my 1052 tee time. It's at the Golf Club I belong to down here in MB, not the one I belong to on Long Island. ? 

Well aren't you something special? Are you related to SAR I? Personally, I don't care about anything you do or where you live or golf. Do you always try to put someone down you don't agree with by bragging about personal belongings? Sounds like the kids in my grandsons kindergarten class.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Well aren't you something special? Are you related to SAR I? Personally, I don't care about anything you do or where you live or golf. Do you always try to put someone down you don't agree with by bragging about personal belongings? Sounds like the kids in my grandsons kindergarten class.

giphy.gif

You think they're bad now, Just wait until your daughters friends find out her dad calls himself eaton beaver. :rl:

On 5/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, southtown24th said:

This is the post I was responding to.... I'll let you (along with @Jetsfan80who happens to live 50 miles away from me, works at the nearby University, and married a local girl) and the other guys who upvoted your above post, just feel secure in the fact that it's the one you agree with.  

• Thumb Down 1

This is the post I was responding to.... I'll let you (along with [mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention]who happens to live 50 miles away from me, works at the nearby University, and married a local girl) and the other guys who upvoted your above post, just feel secure in the fact that it's the one you agree with.  

Please don’t lump Wilmington in with Myrtle Beach, thanks. I didn’t go to or work at the “nearby university”, which in your case would be Coastal Carolina. IE a safety school, academically (though they have a nice campus and great athletics). The only reason I ever visit Myrtle Beach is to see a show at the House of Blues.

And the girl I married is from Raleigh, originally.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Please don’t lump Wilmington in with Myrtle Beach, thanks. I didn’t go to or work at the “nearby university”, which in your case would be Coastal Carolina. IE a safety school, academically (though they have a nice campus and great athletics). The only reason I ever visit Myrtle Beach is to see a show at the House of Blues.

And the girl I married is from Raleigh, originally.

Whoa, don't get your knickers twisted in a knot over safety schools and what not, 80. I was talking about UNC Wilmington (I think you've said you do radio on their basketball?), and I think from the tone of the other guys post he was referring to anyone south of the Mason-Dixon Line, I doubt he sees much difference from Wilmington, MB, Raleigh Durham or Atlanta and Jacksonville areas. It's the South itself he's talking about, lol.

BTW I live in the development on the other side of the Intercoastal just across the swing bridge adjacent to the HOB. Next time you come down for a show, let me know, I might be able to get you free tickets.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, 14 in Green said:

I own a home in Myrtle Beach as well, I'm getting ready to move down there full time. Right off 17 a few blocks from the the beach. I love it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 5/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, 14 in Green said:

Myrtle Beach: Home to the Nation's Most Affluent Folks.

Ha.

You are fooling no one...but, yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, 14 in Green said:

Here is what 5000 square feet goes for in my neighborhood...

Enjoy Myrtle Beach, bud.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1330-Bennett-Dr-Pasadena-CA-91103/54948893_zpid/

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:50 AM, 14 in Green said:

You think they're bad now, Just wait until your daughters friends find out her dad calls himself eaton beaver. :rl:

This is the post I was responding to.... I'll let you (along with @Jetsfan80who happens to live 50 miles away from me, works at the nearby University, and married a local girl) and the other guys who upvoted your above post, just feel secure in the fact that it's the one you agree with.  

Some day, I am going to move to Myrtle Beach, so I can get 3 houses for the price of the one I own...today...at 35 years old. In the meantime, you can find me somewhere quite the opposite of that place...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Some day, I am going to move to Myrtle Beach, so I can get 3 houses for the price of the one I own...today...at 35 years old. In the meantime, you can find me somewhere quite the opposite of that place...

This thread needs @SAR I to weigh in...like his tricycle costs more than all your homes combined.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Myrtle Beach: Home to the Nation's Most Affluent Folks.

Ha.

You are fooling no one...but, yourself.

35 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

33 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

32 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Here is what 5000 square feet goes for in my neighborhood...

Enjoy Myrtle Beach, bud.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1330-Bennett-Dr-Pasadena-CA-91103/54948893_zpid/

27 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Lol

my goodness, you’re an ignorant child. I wasn’t born and raised down south, I chose to buy a vacation home there so I could play golf year round.

Did you actually think I’d bother to click those links?

and good for you if you feel happy paying Cali prices. I have 2 homes on Long Island, and one is Paid off, the other is on the East End, and I built it more for my family to enjoy then me. When the tax bills come, I shake my head.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Lol

my goodness, you’re an ignorant child. I wasn’t born and raised down south, I chose to buy a vacation home there so I could play golf year round.

Did you actually think I’d bother to click those links?

and good for you if you feel happy paying Cali prices. I have 2 homes on Long Island, and one is Paid off, the other is on the East End, and I built it more for my family to enjoy then me. When the tax bills come, I shake my head.

Right.

I’m 35 and out boxing my weight...by quite a bit. So, you do the math.

Myrtle Beach is Myrtle Beach, that’s your problem, not mine. Enjoy.  

• Upvote 1