Daniel Brown - TE

Don't recall reading any other reporters mentioning him during OTAs, but a positive if true

ESPN's Rich Cimini called TE Daniel Brown the Jets' surprise offseason standout.

Cimini notes Brown "has impressed with his ability as a receiver," especially on deep routes with "more downfield speed than anticipated." The receiver turned tight end only played 23 offensive snaps in Chicago last year, but this Jets tight end depth chart is softer. However, Brown is still a long shot to see meaningful snaps with a career 35-317-1 receiving line across four seasons.

Source: ESPN.com
Jun 14, 2019, 9:44 AM ET
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Let's not forget:

ESPN's Rich Cimini notes Chris Herndon is "facing the likelihood of a two-game suspension."

Herndon pleaded guilty to DWI in January after crashing into another vehicle last June. Nothing is official yet, but Herndon is going to face a short suspension in 2019. When he returns, Herndon will be an intriguing late-round fantasy tight end after catching 39 passes for 502 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie last year.

Jun 14, 2019, 10:13 AM ET

5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Details, details, details.....lol.

I think we may have our center even though most of us will need to see more to believe it.

I know, and I agree.  heard nothing but good things thus far, and he really did play much better than Mr. Long (not that that's saying much...) last year.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

Probably part of the reason Sterling was let go. 

Yeah.  Seems like a similar player.  Converted from big WR.  Decent speed and very good agility numbers coming out, but he was probably 20 lbs lighter.  I guess with Shaheen and Burton his snap count tumbled and he played almost nothing but specials last season, but that kept him active for 14 games and got him 73 % of the ST snaps in their playoff game. Could have been the deciding factor. 

5 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

tight ends.....Jets haven't had a friggin' tight end in what feels like decades.  now we have Herndon, AND we want more?!?!?!  what is this???  LOL

The NFL has been a 2 TE league for almost a decade. The middle of the field is the toughest to defend with the new rules about PI. It's about time we actually exploit those circumstances.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Let's not forget:

ESPN's Rich Cimini notes Chris Herndon is "facing the likelihood of a two-game suspension."

Herndon pleaded guilty to DWI in January after crashing into another vehicle last June. Nothing is official yet, but Herndon is going to face a short suspension in 2019. When he returns, Herndon will be an intriguing late-round fantasy tight end after catching 39 passes for 502 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie last year.

Jun 14, 2019, 10:13 AM ET

If another WR stands out in camp I think Gase will use Quincy in the pseudo TE role along with a blocking TE like Wesco. I could see something like R.Anderson- J.Crowder- Deontay Burnett (I think we found a sleeper with him), Quincy as a TE/HB, Wesco, Brown or both as breathers to get through those 1st 2 games without Herndon. 

We need experience on the field on offense, especially in 2 important games, 1st with a division opponent & 2nd vs a team that we'll need to score a lot of points against to beat.