Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WowOhWow

Coaches Interviews

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I understand everything is always lollipops and rainbows in the spring but I listened to all our coaches interviews and came away very impressed.

I can't believe the difference.  Every single coach gives straight talk.  Very refreshing.

I was as down and disillusioned by the hiring of Gase and the crap that went on the last month but I have changed my tune.

We've had about as good a month or so as we've had in a long time.  I almost can't believe it.

straight talk, yes, but also:  it seems like they ACTUALLY know hat they are talking about!  like maybe there is a PLAN?!?!  now can they exceute that plan, and get the most out of the players, that is the question.

as for the month:  since they fired Macc, it's been pretty brutal; Jets are dysfunctional, etc.  but since the Douglas hire a week ago, it's been very nice!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I understand everything is always lollipops and rainbows in the spring but I listened to all our coaches interviews and came away very impressed.

I can't believe the difference.  Every single coach gives straight talk.  Very refreshing.

I was as down and disillusioned by the hiring of Gase and the crap that went on the last month but I have changed my tune.

We've had about as good a month or so as we've had in a long time.  I almost can't believe it.

I agree and came away really impressed with guys like the TE's coach... fingers crossed that the staff is as good as coaches as they are at giving good interviews :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dowell Loaggains remains a concern. No idea how he has any input in Sam Darnold’s development. Other than that, I love this coaching staff, and I’ve been impressed with Gase every time he speaks.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Dowell Loaggains remains a concern. No idea how he has any input in Sam Darnold’s development. Other than that, I love this coaching staff, and I’ve been impressed with Gase every time he speaks.  

Seems to be a lot of experience on this coaching staff. I remember (I think it was last offseason) when Bowles hired “teachers” and that’s all you heard all offseason. I think we actually have that now. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Dowell Loaggains remains a concern. No idea how he has any input in Sam Darnold’s development. Other than that, I love this coaching staff, and I’ve been impressed with Gase every time he speaks.  

And no offense, what do you know about him other than you think he looks funny or his name is funny?  That would make you concerned today?

He has a lot to do with Darnolds development, he's the QB coach too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And no offense, what do you know about him other than you think he looks funny or his name is funny?  That would make you concerned today?

He has a lot to do with Darnolds development, he's the QB coach too

Loggains rattled off some defensive stuff at the press conference like he was singing his ABCs. I think he's a bit unassuming. Knowing how Gase only likes guys that know what they are talking about, I'm sure this guy is really smart. 

I get why people are concerned. Loggains doesn't come off as a coach or as a football guy. I'll trust Gase' opinion on this one. All our football coaches seem legit. I doubt Gase is carrying some guy around because he likes him personally. Gase doesn't seem like the type of guy that would do that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Joe Douglas can build a front office the way Gase has built the coaching staff, we're gold. The entire team and it seems like the entire organization is on the same page. We may have a winning culture brewing. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If Joe Douglas can build a front office the way Gase has built the coaching staff, we're gold. The entire team and it seems like the entire organization is on the same page. We may have a winning culture brewing. 

Yeah and for whatever reason I thought hiring good people and staff with experience was just the way it was supposed to be done.

I'm really excited we are finally do that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Loggains rattled off some defensive stuff at the press conference like he was singing his ABCs. I think he's a bit unassuming. Knowing how Gase only likes guys that know what they are talking, I'm sure this guy is really smart. 

I get why people are concerned. Loggains doesn't come off as a coach or as a football guy. I'll trust Gase' opinion on this one. All our football coaches seem legit. I doubt Gase is carrying some guy around because he likes him personally. Gase doesn't seem like that type of guy that would do that. 

Some people just aren't as good as others in front of cameras.  But this is about football nothing else.  To get riled up over the way he looks, the way he speaks without waiting to see for ourselves doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I think it's safe to say he's the liaison between Gase and the players, chimes in Gases ear during games and works heavily with the QBs along with Gase.  I'm with you, Gase is a smart guy, don't see him surrounding himself with idiots who bring nothing to the table.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And no offense, what do you know about him other than you think he looks funny or his name is funny?  That would make you concerned today?

He has a lot to do with Darnolds development, he's the QB coach too

That bears and dolphin fans hated him while he was there.

That any offense he was coordinator for was at the bottom of the league.

That for all the good hires and signing we had this year, people in the league seem to think it’s hilarious and openly question why Loggains has his title. The same reasons I question are the same reasons we all hated Bowles’ assistants. They seemed to be one of or a combination of: friend, under qualified, yes man. 

In the end I would have liked a more proven and successful experienced guy to be the QB coach/coordinator assistant to the most talented and valuable asset this team has had since man landed on the moon. That’s just me though.

Hope I’m wrong. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I understand everything is always lollipops and rainbows in the spring but I listened to all our coaches interviews and came away very impressed.

I can't believe the difference.  Every single coach gives straight talk.  Very refreshing.

I was as down and disillusioned by the hiring of Gase and the crap that went on the last month but I have changed my tune.

We've had about as good a month or so as we've had in a long time.  I almost can't believe it.

I agree with you that this has been a very optimistic and refreshing offseasosn.  But I really hope that the best months of the year begin in September.  For a change.  Winning the offseason does not mean much if you don't follow it up in the regular season.  After 8 years, I want to see some meaningful Jet football in December and January.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Drums said:

Seems to be a lot of experience on this coaching staff. I remember (I think it was last offseason) when Bowles hired “teachers” and that’s all you heard all offseason. I think we actually have that now. 

So true. I remember that “teachers” comment. Except they spent all of their time teaching high school playbooks.

I really really love Greg Williams’ comment about culture over scheme. That is the antithesis of a Rex Ryan. You can have all the exotic blitz’s and hidden coverages in the world, but your team needs to live and breathe attitude and smarts every day for anything to be effective. 

I saw Gase on that mic’d up video and loved what I saw. He is VERY detail oriented about where a receiver’s hands should, which shoulder they should be catching for a route, how to hold the ball. I like that he’s been on Sam, and that Sam takes well to tough love coaching. Seeing that is good for the whole team.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Dowell Loaggains remains a concern. No idea how he has any input in Sam Darnold’s development. Other than that, I love this coaching staff, and I’ve been impressed with Gase every time he speaks.  

Gase coach’s hard if Loaggains is that softer edge delivering the same message that’s his value. Also if I recall correctly he is a very good scheming guy as per people that know him and a sounding board for Gase. Believe this was mentioned in a thread when he was hired. I will trust the hire and reserve judgment players seem too like the direction the offense taking time will tell.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bocajetfan said:

Gase coach’s hard if Loaggains is that softer edge delivering the same message that’s his value. Also if I recall correctly he is a very good scheming guy as per people that know him and a sounding board for Gase. Believe this was mentioned in a thread when he was hired. I will trust the hire and reserve judgment players seem too like the direction the offense taking time will tell.

Yeah, I hope all this is true. This has nothing to do with how he looks or sounds either. I think I just would have preferred a QB guru who has had success developing young QB’s. I understand it’s Gase’s offense, and he himself has stated that he will be spending most of his time with Sam Darnold and creating an offensive system tailor-made for him. That’s all encouraging.

But my one doubt about is the coaching staff is Loggains. Just like my doubts for the roster are the obvious spots CB, OL, and EDGe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

So true. I remember that “teachers” comment. Except they spent all of their time teaching high school playbooks.

I really really love Greg Williams’ comment about culture over scheme. That is the antithesis of a Rex Ryan. You can have all the exotic blitz’s and hidden coverages in the world, but your team needs to live and breathe attitude and smarts every day for anything to be effective. 

I saw Gase on that mic’d up video and loved what I saw. He is VERY detail oriented about where a receiver’s hands should, which shoulder they should be catching for a route, how to hold the ball. I like that he’s been on Sam, and that Sam takes well to tough love coaching. Seeing that is good for the whole team.

Yes, very similar to the other best coach we had here in Parcells. Parcells had his hand in everything, always teaching fundamentals. 

I remember in camp at Hofstra he would constantly put pressure on punt returners, try to mentally psych them out, explain to them where they needed to position themselves, where their hands should be, details, details, details. That's why the Pats are so damn good. That one play at time stuff, do your job stuff, focus all the time, leads to success, especially in comebacks. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah, I hope all this is true. This has nothing to do with how he looks or sounds either. I think I just would have preferred a QB guru who has had success developing young QB’s. I understand it’s Gase’s offense, and he himself has stated that he will be spending most of his time with Sam Darnold and creating an offensive system tailor-made for him. That’s all encouraging.

But my one doubt about is the coaching staff is Loggains. Just like my doubts for the roster are the obvious spots CB, OL, and EDGe.

None of QBs Loggains worked with have Darnolds talents other than Manning (Did Loggains work with Payton at all?). You can't turn a turd into piece of gold. Loggains is here because Gase trusts he can translate his offense to the QB position, plain & simple. That allows Gase to see the whole picture while Loggains translates minor details in a more focused way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah, I hope all this is true. This has nothing to do with how he looks or sounds either. I think I just would have preferred a QB guru who has had success developing young QB’s. I understand it’s Gase’s offense, and he himself has stated that he will be spending most of his time with Sam Darnold and creating an offensive system tailor-made for him. That’s all encouraging.

But my one doubt about is the coaching staff is Loggains. Just like my doubts for the roster are the obvious spots CB, OL, and EDGe.

There are question marks at all three CB to me is the one that stands out. OL and EDG not as much. OL might not be elite but serviceable much will depend on health. As for depth Draft and undrafted free agents are versatile and surprisingly be more than just a bunch of Camp fodder. Edge has some talent and coaching and proper use of talent will help alleviate those fears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yes, very similar to the other best coach we had here in Parcells. Parcells had his hand in everything, always teaching fundamentals. 

I remember in camp at Hofstra he would constantly put pressure on punt returners, try to mentally psych them out, explain to them where they needed to position themselves, where their hands should be, details, details, details. That's why the Pats are so damn good. That one play at time stuff, do your job stuff, focus all the time, leads to success, especially in comebacks. 

Parcells basically won a NFC title game in ‘86 against Washington, because of punt returning. An extremely windy game, he instructed his punt returner to never let the ball hit the ground. Fair catch it, run up, dive, just make sure you catch it.

Washington let it bounce all over the field. The field position difference because of this was about 125 yard net advantage to the Giants.

The attention to detail matters.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

That bears and dolphin fans hated him while he was there.

That any offense he was coordinator for was at the bottom of the league.

That for all the good hires and signing we had this year, people in the league seem to think it’s hilarious and openly question why Loggains has his title. The same reasons I question are the same reasons we all hated Bowles’ assistants. They seemed to be one of or a combination of: friend, under qualified, yes man. 

In the end I would have liked a more proven and successful experienced guy to be the QB coach/coordinator assistant to the most talented and valuable asset this team has had since man landed on the moon. That’s just me though.

Hope I’m wrong. 

I live in florida, never heard a single fan cry about him.  

I'm not going to critique hi work with the fins and their starting QB out most of the time.  No one complained about the offensive schemes or coaching, they cried that Tannehill was hurt again.

Tc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I live in florida, never heard a single fan cry about him.  

I'm not going to critique hi work with the fins and their starting QB out most of the time.  No one complained about the offensive schemes or coaching, they cried that Tannehill was hurt again.

Tc

Good. Listen I hope he's great at what he does and whatever I’ve heard or read is nonsense. I did hear Matt Simms say that he was a very progressive offensive mind, whose strengths are in game planning, play design, and creating favorable matchups for the offense. So I’ll trust Gase with his hire.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Drums said:

Seems to be a lot of experience on this coaching staff. I remember (I think it was last offseason) when Bowles hired “teachers” and that’s all you heard all offseason. I think we actually have that now. 

The number one qualification Bowles looked for in his staff were “guys that no one on earth would think for a moment could possibly replace me.”

Given that Bowles was eminently replaceable, this left us with a pool of “candidates” that couldn’t and haven’t found work since.

And the one dude who actually showed something and did his job well was canned by Bowles. Not a coincidence.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Good. Listen I hope he's great at what he does and whatever I’ve heard or read is nonsense. I did hear Matt Simms say that he was a very progressive offensive mind, whose strengths are in game planning, play design, and creating favorable matchups for the offense. So I’ll trust Gase with his hire.

I guess what I was trying to say and missed by a lot is that I'm with you, will wait to see for myself.  Hes made it clear the offense is Gases, he'll help him with situational things but its Gase.  Hes the gobetween and mostly is there to help with Darnold.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 1:18 PM, WowOhWow said:

I understand everything is always lollipops and rainbows in the spring but I listened to all our coaches interviews and came away very impressed.

I can't believe the difference.  Every single coach gives straight talk.  Very refreshing.

I was as down and disillusioned by the hiring of Gase and the crap that went on the last month but I have changed my tune.

We've had about as good a month or so as we've had in a long time.  I almost can't believe it.

One thing I noticed about these coaches is they all seemed to Praise this teams effort and willingness to learn. When ever Bowles and his Idiot staff was interviewed it was always "we need to get better" .

From what I'm seeing in past and present coach Interviews is this current staff wants to install confidence in the players and keep things positive while Bowles staff always seemed to blame things on execution and effort of the players to cover their own stinking asses.

The whole team seems different in how they approached interviews and their over all demeanor is positive while under Bowles everything seemed forced and I think that is a direct reflection of the HC and his staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, Legend Killa7 said:

straight talk, yes, but also:  it seems like they ACTUALLY know hat they are talking about!  like maybe there is a PLAN?!?!  now can they exceute that plan, and get the most out of the players, that is the question.

as for the month:  since they fired Macc, it's been pretty brutal; Jets are dysfunctional, etc.  but since the Douglas hire a week ago, it's been very nice!

they have a plan and also more of a sense of urgency than mac/bowles had.  however, i will say had the jets drafted mahomes when they had the chance there's just no reason why he would be as good as he is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

That bears and dolphin fans hated him while he was there.

That any offense he was coordinator for was at the bottom of the league.

That for all the good hires and signing we had this year, people in the league seem to think it’s hilarious and openly question why Loggains has his title. The same reasons I question are the same reasons we all hated Bowles’ assistants. They seemed to be one of or a combination of: friend, under qualified, yes man. 

In the end I would have liked a more proven and successful experienced guy to be the QB coach/coordinator assistant to the most talented and valuable asset this team has had since man landed on the moon. That’s just me though.

Hope I’m wrong. 

He won't be a true coordinator.  Gase will still call the plays.  Loggains gives off that "John DeFillipo" vibe in the sense that he draws up great plays, is a smart QB coach, but can't run the show on his own.  As long as Gase is in charge of play calling on Sundays, Loggains is fine by my book.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This staff under Gase appears demanding and emotional. The only coaches under Bowles that showed any of that were Boyer and Green. New Day and so far players appear responsive and positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

This staff under Gase appears demanding and emotional. The only coaches under Bowles that showed any of that were Boyer and Green. New Day and so far players appear responsive and positive.

Please don’t say that word again. T**d B****S.  This appears to be the first time the Jets have an above average management team in place.  I am excited for the next 5 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Please don’t say that word again. T**d B****S.  This appears to be the first time the Jets have an above average management team in place.  I am excited for the next 5 years.  

Does the coach that should go nameless work?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Parcells basically won a NFC title game in ‘86 against Washington, because of punt returning. An extremely windy game, he instructed his punt returner to never let the ball hit the ground. Fair catch it, run up, dive, just make sure you catch it.

Washington let it bounce all over the field. The field position difference because of this was about 125 yard net advantage to the Giants.

The attention to detail matters.

112 yards

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

112 yards

 

Yeah that’s why I went with “about 125” nice catch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...