WayneChrebet80

What do you think Mike McCagnans biggest regret will be?

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Passing on Mahomes looks pretty ******* dumb. A QB worth taking at 10 is certainly worth taking at 6.

i was going to say the same thing.  of course that all presupposes that bowles et al would know what to do with him.  and it also presupposes that mac would've given the offense more emphasis.  at this point i'm not so upset he passed on watson or didn't move to get trubisky.  mahomes was there for the taking.  and even if he was in love with hack, he should've been listening to his coaches.  they weren't all snowed by mac's infatuation.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, the offense was ranked # 14 in 2015 and # 23 in 2017 per FO under Bowles.  Not great but not terrible considering the sh*t sandwich Bowles was given at QB pre-Darnold.

Mahomes would not have had an MVP season under Bowles but he would have been an upper tier QB.  Mahomes' talent is undeniable, and its why Andy Reid shipped out Alex Smith despite him having a career year the previous season.  Some people around here questioned that. 

i've said that before in a different way.  fitz had a career year under bowles as did mccown so maybe bowles is getting too much of a bad rap as a coach.  and mac didn't do much to improve the offense except for signing anderson and drafting darnold and herndon of late.  not much of a track record and we can only hope he realizes the mistakes he made.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company