WayneChrebet80

What do you think Mike McCagnans biggest regret will be?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darron Lee and Leonard Williams aren't exactly winners either. 

Lee no but Williams is going to have a beast of a year (then sign a long term contract and turn into Wilkerson :/)

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With Williams at DC, The Rams D was middle of the pack in 2016 with a DL containing Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers and Robert Quinn.

I just don't see Leo having some monster year.  Better than under Bowles/Rodgers?  Sure.  But I would hope this new regime is smart enough to let him walk.  They didn't draft him, after all.

It’s his contract year. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And he's an average athlete for his position.  Just because he might be motivated doesn't mean he'll produce.  He'll have to earn his playing time too, with Quinnen and Henry Anderson competing for snaps. 

He’ll get plenty of playing time especially with them using multiple fronts and at this moment he’s the best DL on the team.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing what defensive schemes they use. The CBs are the weakest link in a passing league so it will be tough to protect them. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just fail to see this argument.  We don't have a pass-rushing DE.  We just have a bunch of NT's and 3-4/4-3 DT's.  There's only so much flexibility there in the kinds of looks you can show.

I agree Leonard will take a big step up, but only because of Gregg Williams' personality, not really his scheming.  He hasn't really shown a great X's and O's ability in a long time, and there's a reason he keeps jumping from team to team.  He's certainly FAR better than Kacy Rodgers, but that doesn't mean everyone will elevate their play significantly.  Only certain guys will take big steps forward. 

Williams already said he’s going to use multiple fronts with a 3-4 base so unless he goes to a 2-4-5 they’ll be more DL on the field so LW will be out there. Even if he uses a 2-4-5 LW would still be out there. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Makes sense.  But that's just a situation where you're putting more DT's out there, not really changing what you're doing.  Without a pass-rushing DE or other versatile front 7 guys you're still just kind of throwing blunt instruments out there on every down.  If they can't get off their blocks and/or Polite doesn't turn into a player, we're screwed.

Completely agree. I was talking about the amount of time LW would get on the field. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Are people out of their minds? What is the matter with people on here, this guy says that Bowles maybe was a good coach, and then is giving accolades to Leonard Williams, when he actually has done nothing to warrant a 6th pick in the 1st round. Hey Mick, grab a nice thick book and take some time away from here until you can actually learn what reality is...

giphy.gif

When did I say Bowels was a good coach?

LW is the best DL on the Jets currently, his draft spot has nothing to do with. 

Are you 60? There’s no reason to pick up a thick book when I have a whole library available in an object the size of a deck of cards. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company